ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCH THREAD: Rutgers vs. Princeton - B1G/Ivy Rivalry

We will see a lot of reserves tomorrow. Wouldn’t be shocked if we saw Britton, Cetta, DeSantis and Hamilton. If Poz had backup might see that too.

Reactions: Leonard23
Pretty sure he's a greyshirt. You know he's cousins with Olivieri?
I’m assuming you’re talking about Clark and yes I know they are cousins.

Doesn’t a greyshirt mean you defer enrollment to the 2nd semester? Class already had to start so we he would be eligible to wrestle now. Plus, I don’t think he was enrolled last year either so it seems like a long time to be off the mat competitively and not in school.

I’m assuming you’re talking about Clark and yes I know they are cousins.

Doesn’t a greyshirt mean you defer enrollment to the 2nd semester? Class already had to start so we he would be eligible to wrestle now. Plus, I don’t think he was enrolled last year either so it seems like a long time to be off the mat competitively and not in school.
According to his IG profile it still says Princeton 24' on it.

Nah. Doesn’t look good at all. No spring like he usually has. He’s hurt. It’s obvious.
Took his kid down at will and you think he looked bad lol...he didn’t look hurt to me at all ..the grind of the Big 10 perhaps but using injury as an excuse all the time is lame ...attack..attack ..attack is what I saw last night ....noticed the size difference in many of the matches too ...some of their kids were noticeably bigger and maybe stronger too yet we still kicked ass ..nice win indeed minus the two potential injuries we had ..

Reactions: njsportsphan
At the beginning of the season, I said that Sammy wasn't going to stay at Rutgers, and caught a ton of crap for it. After all the chatter of him not being with the team last night,I'm sensing he may be done, as I originally stated. It seems like one of those suriano/ aragona situations where everybody's hush hush, and they don't want to reveal the truth. On a positive note, here's my takes from last night.
125: First and foremost I can't stand Pat Glory. I think he's a punk, smart ass, hot dog.Now that I got that out of the way, Shawver wrestled him really tough. It's just a matter of maturity against youth. I have a feeling Shawver is going to do some damage at Big tens. Very proud of him.
133: Joey Olivieri looks really strong and mature at this weight. Unlike others, I am concerned about other wrestlers getting to his legs so often, though. He does have a very good defense, but I feel like he stands up straight too much. Against the kid a like that last night he could easily handle him, but when he runs into a higher caliber kid, he may have some issues.
141: sea bass. What could you say about this kid other than he is a true warrior and the heart and soul of that team. Spoke to a very reliable source last night saying that he has a little knee tweaker, and he should be fine. Just need to rest him up, and get him ready for big tens
149: MVB. Wrestled super tough and physical. Did make some mental mistakes with that Merkel, but I'm sure coaches will have a long discussion about it, and make adjustments. If he continues to wrestle like that,he's got a very good shot of making the podium. He has to wrestle on his game, and make little to no mistakes.
157: yep, kainard has a broken nose. I've had one and it sucks. Would have loved to see what would happen later in the match when Monday gassed is out. I think Rob would have scored some points on him if the match continued. Tough break, and I hope he feels better. On a side note, Quincy Monday is really irritating looking, but you can't help but like the kid, after he wished the coaches good tidings.
165: Andrew Clark. Wrestle very tough the first two or three minutes, but went through his normal gas out phase. I do see some improvement but if he wants to be a complete wrestler and more competitive he has to get in better shape.
174: Connor O'Neil. Not impressed at all with his performance. Very tentative, Lacks any sense of offense, and can't rely on counter wrestling.
184: Poz looked much better, but physically he looked smaller and is obviously wrestling hurt. You got to give it to the kid...wrestling hurt against D1 competition, takes a lot of guts.
197: Bulsak: looked super dominant last night. Stout is no joke. That kid will be in All American by time he finishes his career at Princeton. Bulsak beat him up. But like previous matches, he can't let up if he wants to get on that podium. He has to be on point with his wrestling and tighten up his defense. Against the higher level guys he can't expect them to get on his legs and him scramble out of that like he did last night. Just not going to happen against the top 10 guys.
285: Boone: I hate bagging on this kid because he gets the crowd amped up and truly loves the team. With that said, he looked very tentative tired and weak against a lower level wrestler. The guy he wrestled is six and five in the eiwa. Wrestling like that he will be one and done at the big ten's plain and simple.
On a side note I noticed Hamilton on the sidelines. He looked like he put on a lot of weight. That's very concerning. I hope he's not just showing his face on the team to make it us think he is taking this sport seriously. With all the chatter of him possibly going to the NFL someday, you often wonder if it's a matter of time if he stays with both sports.

Last edited:
Took his kid down at will and you think he looked bad lol...he didn’t look hurt to me at all ..the grind of the Big 10 perhaps but using injury as an excuse all the time is lame ...attack..attack ..attack is what I saw last night ....noticed the size difference in many of the matches too ...some of their kids were noticeably bigger and maybe stronger too yet we still kicked ass ..nice win indeed minus the two potential injuries we had ..
Harley you are a clown. Anytime anyone says anything you don’t agree with you attack them. We will see. IMO something is wrong. Poz from beginning of year or last year would have teched this kid with ease. I think Poz is awesome, I am saying I think has an injury and is not himself. I am not putting him down. Not that I need to provide an explanation to your sorry ass.

Lex in Goodale’s press conference after the match he said that Sammy is not around. What does he mean? Is Sammy hurt?
Just another case where everyone was questioning and asking saying something was wrong but we were all the negatoids. Now it comes out something is wrong. It’s pretty apparent his time at RU is over. Who knows about his wrestling career.

Harley you are a clown. Anytime anyone says anything you don’t agree with you attack them. We will see. IMO something is wrong. Poz from beginning of year or last year would have teched this kid with ease. I think Poz is awesome, I am saying I think has an injury and is not himself. I am not putting him down. Not that I need to provide an explanation to your sorry ass.
Lol..I didn’t put you down ..you obviously were on a different planet when watching that match is all ...Poz looked good against the kid who was obviously bigger too ..yea he wasn’t the starter but he did Major the kid for God’s sake ..don’t get your panties in a bunch because someone disagrees with your professional assessment lol

At the beginning of the season, I said that Sammy wasn't going to stay at Rutgers, and caught a ton of crap for it. After all the chatter of him not being with the team last night,I'm sensing he may be done, as I originally stated. It seems like one of those suriano/ aragona situations where everybody's hush hush, and they don't want to reveal the truth. On a positive note, here's my takes from last night.
125: First and foremost I can't stand Pat Glory. I think he's a punk, smart ass, hot dog.Now that I got that out of the way, Shawver wrestled him really tough. It's just a matter of maturity against youth. I have a feeling Shawver is going to do some damage at Big tens. Very proud of him.
133: Joey Olivieri looks really strong and mature at this weight. Unlike others, I am concerned about other wrestlers getting to his legs so often, though. He does have a very good defense, but I feel like he stands up straight too much. Against the kid a like that last night he could easily handle him, but when he runs into a higher caliber kid, he may have some issues.
141: sea bass. What could you say about this kid other than he is a true warrior and the heart and soul of that team. Spoke to a very reliable source last night saying that he has a little knee tweaker, and he should be fine. Just need to rest him up, and get him ready for big tens
149: MVB. Wrestled super tough and physical. Did make some mental mistakes with that Merkel, but I'm sure coaches will have a long discussion about it, and make adjustments. If he continues to wrestle like that,he's got a very good shot of making the podium. He has to wrestle on his game, and make little to no mistakes.
157: yep, kainard has a broken nose. I've had one and it sucks. Would have loved to see what would happen later in the match when Monday gassed is out. I think Rob would have scored some points on him if the match continued. Tough break, and I hope he feels better. On a side note, Quincy Monday is really irritating looking, but you can't help but like the kid, after he wished the coaches good tidings.
165: Andrew Clark. Wrestle very tough the first two or three minutes, but went through his normal gas out phase. I do see some improvement but if he wants to be a complete wrestler and more competitive he has to get in better shape.
174: Connor O'Neil. Not impressed at all with his performance. Very tentative, Lacks any sense of offense, and can't rely on counter wrestling.
184: Poz looked much better, but physically he looked smaller and is obviously wrestling hurt. You got to give it to the kid...wrestling hurt against D1 competition, takes a lot of guts.
197: Bulsak: looked super dominant last night. Stout is no joke. That kid will be in All American by time he finishes his career at Princeton. Bulsak beat him up. But like previous matches, he can't let up if he wants to get on that podium. He has to be on point with his wrestling and tighten up his defense. Against the higher level guys he can't expect them to get on his legs and him scramble out of that like he did last night. Just not going to happen against the top 10 guys.
285: Boone: I hate bagging on this kid because he gets the crowd amped up and truly loves the team. With that said, he looked very tentative tired and weak against a lower level wrestler. The guy he wrestled is six and five in the eiwa. Wrestling like that he will be one and done at the big ten's plain and simple.
On a side note I noticed Hamilton on the sidelines. He looked like he put on a lot of weight. That's very concerning. I hope he's not just showing his face on the team to make it us think he is taking this sport seriously. With all the chatter of him possibly going to the NFL someday, you often wonder if it's a matter of time if he stays with both sports.
Pretty spot on and probably exactly how I would have typed it if I wanted to spend the time doing it. Your input is appreciated. I will add a couple personal opinions. On a positive note, I really like what I see from Olivieri. He has skills, strength and a good motor. Really nice to see for someone at his age. We need more like him. A couple negatives. Seabass, I hope what your sources say is true. My worry is it isnt a little deal based on the way it happened, the resulting limping, and the way he reacted after he got off the mat. I hope he heals quick. And Sammy..well what can I say? Sounds like there is trouble and that's a shame. Whether its Rutgers or his will to wrestle, we shall see. But there were some head scratchers and observations which made it seems there was trouble in paradise. I hope he finds his way and gets his head back in the game and his body on the mat.

FYI ...that kid wasn’t majored by Mekhi Lewis earlier this year and Poz was on his way to tech falling him til he got a little sloppy ...saying i attacked you because I see no injury goin on is pretty immature too lol...the kid loses a few matches and got in a funk for some reason and its not always injuries at this level ..grow up dude !

Gotta hand it to u, u did say Sammy wasn’t going to stay and it sounded pretty crazy at the time…… oh no say it ain’t true…. 😓😓

Just got done yapping on the phone with one of my buddies from the East Coast....Sammy's done. Another Anthony Giraldo. What a waste of time and talent. The coaching staff has got to be beside themselves
Yep..if Seb is hurt real bad will they attempt to get him back ...we shall see.

Just another failure. You can want the blue chips but you must also keep them.
The thing was Sammy wasn’t even a blue chipper coming out of hs… he won a state title but wasn’t on any p4p list or even a top 100 recruit I don’t think.. his true freshman season was truly a surprise no one expected him to be that good…. This is what happens when u suck too much weight… wrestling is no longer fun and u get burned out n quit.. 😞😐😓

The thing was Sammy wasn’t even a blue chipper coming out of hs… he won a state title but wasn’t on any p4p list or even a top 100 recruit I don’t think.. his true freshman season was truly a surprise no one expected him to be that good…. This is what happens when u suck too much weight… wrestling is no longer fun and u get burned out n quit.. 😞😐😓
Not true at all. His senior year, Sammy was ranked #34 p4p by Flo and #3 at 126 when he committed to NC State.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Sammys college record is 37-12....

He is one the programs best wrestlers in history without question. Take cutting a absurd amount of weight of the equation and Sammy will be a top 5 guy with ease.

Bill said, "he missed a few days but was around this week". Someone here must be lying and it's not Bill.
I don't think anybody's lying. Bill might have just mentioned that he was around possibly collecting his stuff and talking to coaching staff. Who knows. But a sure shot thing is that he is finished. As always, people will come at me and say I'm talking crap... But what happened with suriano, cooperman, and camp? That's what I thought. Trust me on this one. Also I hate speaking any sort of ill will towards any Rutgers wrestler, let alone a young adult. With that said, these kids have to be a little bit more insightful, and forward if they're not going to make the commitment. It causes heartache amongst the staff, the fans, and it becomes a big waste of money and time to the program, which everyone hates. We complain all the time about our limited funds, as opposed to a Penn State, or Ohio State, yet money gets wasted with these kids who don't pan out. It's more often than none with our team.

I don't think anybody's lying. Bill might have just mentioned that he was around possibly collecting his stuff and talking to coaching staff. Who knows. But a sure shot thing is that he is finished. As always, people will come at me and say I'm talking crap... But what happened with suriano, cooperman, and camp? That's what I thought. Trust me on this one. Also I hate speaking any sort of ill will towards any Rutgers wrestler, let alone a young adult. With that said, these kids have to be a little bit more insightful, and forward if they're not going to make the commitment. It causes heartache amongst the staff, the fans, and it becomes a big waste of money and time to the program, which everyone hates. We complain all the time about our limited funds, as opposed to a Penn State, or Ohio State, yet money gets wasted with these kids who don't pan out. It's more often than none with our team.
OK don't disagree with the rest but, "around this week" doesn't translate to me that he just stopped by to pick up his stuff. That's not being around or missing a few days. The other guy said, he hasn't been with the team for a while. I don't know about you but, "a while" is not a few days, "a while" means weeks on end.

Last edited:
Hey genius ..no one is lying ..he is not with the team at this time
You said, "a while" Einstein, now you're changing it to, "not with the team at this time". It's simple grammar, it's really not that hard.

Oh so you are the grammar nazi on a wrestling theead...some life u must have lol
Dude I don't know why you're so pissed off, and feel your need to insult people, and defend wrestlers that could care less about you. You constantly discredit me, yet I'll put money on it you've never had any where near the pedigree in wrestling that I had. I don't know what makes you the so-called expert.When you get challenged you can't even remotely have a civil conversation or rebuttal. Maybe you have a drinking problem. Maybe your finances can only lend you to have a trailer. That's not for me to judge, nor do I care. One thing's for sure, I've never once heard you answer someone's excerpt, and add your point and maybe further the conversation. Furthermore it's pretty cheap, and unnecessary to play grammar arranger on a public forum. That's what teenagers do on YouTube, when they can't win a conversation.

Dude I don't know why you're so pissed off, and feel your need to insult people, and defend wrestlers that could care less about you. You constantly discredit me, yet I'll put money on it you've never had any where near the pedigree in wrestling that I had. I don't know what makes you the so-called expert.When you get challenged you can't even remotely have a civil conversation or rebuttal. Maybe you have a drinking problem. Maybe your finances can only lend you to have a trailer. That's not for me to judge, nor do I care. One thing's for sure, I've never once heard you answer someone's excerpt, and add your point and maybe further the conversation. Furthermore it's pretty cheap, and unnecessary to play grammar arranger on a public forum. That's what teenagers do on YouTube, when they can't win a conversation.
Crackers: You're right about the grammar thing. I found some humor in what I posted since it was right after Koleszar's grammar comment. It's not something I have done or will do on a regular basis since it would occupy much of my time in this forum :-)

I find it amazing how the tone has changed toward you since your identity was outed. Your approach has also changed for the better. I was looking back at posts in March '21 and came across the one where you said Sammy would move on or quit. Like you, I have caught the wrath of the faithful and sometimes from you too but I don't think anyone else has been more accurate with predictions. Here's what I wrote in that same thread (I think):
"So, what about next year? Will we start at #10 and work toward #20? Will the kids that are ranked lose ground? Will there be year-over-year improvement in any of the wrestlers? Will there be the usual hype, then disappointment after the first match? Will Aragona be there? I hope not to lose talented wrestlers and hope Soldano isn't watching too closely."

You of all people ....for years you lied about who you supposedly were.....making believe you were a student etc ..you attacked kids and their parents to the point they challenged you to a fight in the RAC parking lot while you were actually in your trailer in butt**** USA ...don't preach to me dude ..you have no credibility unless you stay on your meds when you actually make some sense ...

You of all people ....for years you lied about who you supposedly were.....making believe you were a student etc ..you attacked kids and their parents to the point they challenged you to a fight in the RAC parking lot while you were actually in your trailer in butt**** USA ...don't preach to me dude ..you have no credibility unless you stay on your meds when you actually make some sense ...
Him of all people?

Now boys. I find these boards hilarious in a month ago everyone wanted Pike fired and then he beats 4 ranked teams in a row and they want Hobbs to extend him. No one talks about Manville going from a top ranked PSU recruit to obscurity. Injuries happen, kids get fried and lose the desire to accept the torture of D1 wrestling, etc. me after 60 years of following this wrestling program, I am in heaven right now!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT