ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Rider (Thursday), No. 6 Ohio State (Sunday) Match Thread

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
PISCATAWAY, N.J. – No. 15 Rutgers wrestling (12-4, 2-4) is home for the rest of the regular season and hosts Rider on Thursday (7 p.m.) and No. 6 Ohio State (Noon) on Sunday during weekend action. Both duals will stream via Big Ten Plus, with Nick Kosko and Matt Howe on the call. WRSU (88.7 FM) will have the radio broadcast.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Would Boone be better?

Good point. I think on his best days Boone is a top 25 wrestler, but struggles against the big guys.

I'm pretty sure Szuba is one of the big guys and athletic at that. He'll probably redshirt next year and get even stronger while Laird finishes his graduate year. He'll probably AA.

That said, I don't see what the risk is by throwing Kyonte at him. Kyonte has the size and experience. I think it's a good match to evaluate. The guy from Navy wasn't a bum that he lost to. Szuba is now top 25. If the coaches think he's in wrestling form I say go for it!

Pretty sure I read that Boone has lost 7 of his last 10 matches.

Good point. I think on his best days Boone is a top 25 wrestler, but struggles against the big guys.

I'm pretty sure Szuba is one of the big guys and athletic at that. He'll probably redshirt next year and get even stronger while Laird finishes his graduate year. He'll probably AA.

That said, I don't see what the risk is by throwing Kyonte at him. Kyonte has the size and experience. I think it's a good match to evaluate. The guy from Navy wasn't a bum that he lost to. Szuba is now top 25. If the coaches think he's in wrestling form I say go for it!

Pretty sure I read that Boone has lost 7 of his last 10 matches.
Where is Szuba ranked top 25

Where is Szuba ranked top 25

Only on WS, which makes no sense since he doesn't even have any good wins except for possibly Deonte Wilson (NCSU) but he's only 8-4 vs. D1 this year so it's not as impressive as it might be on surface as a 2x NQ. It's a function of him not having enough data similar to Oliveri being in the top 5 at one point.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Boone could use a confidence builder, unless Hamilton is going to challenge for the spot this year. $$$$

Boone could use a confidence builder, unless Hamilton is going to challenge for the spot this year. $$$$

He should challenge.. Boone Is obviously not the answer. He gets hammered by all the big boys in the big ten. He’s just too small.

Only on WS, which makes no sense since he doesn't even have any good wins except for possibly Deonte Wilson (NCSU) but he's only 8-4 vs. D1 this year so it's not as impressive as it might be on surface as a 2x NQ. It's a function of him not having enough data similar to Oliveri being in the top 5 at one point.
WS is horrible. Wilson was winning that match before getting caught.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think Boone wrestles tonight. If he doesn't win tonight, we might see Hamilton on Sunday. Boone needs to win by major decision tonight.

Is Boone a Sophomore ?

I see him winning if he wrestles. He beats the people he is supposed to beat.
He is not an upper echelon Heavyweight in the B10, but Rider is NOT B10

Note: B10 upper echelon heavies are insane

Reactions: njsportsphan
Rider sucks. They're not out for lineups. We never should've done a trophy for these 🤡🤡.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Ohio State is losing 25-7 to Penn State 25-7 into their 197 bout. Karchia 17-1 at 165 and Romero at 184 not wrestling.Heard Romero may be out for awhile. Rocky Jordan pinned by Brooks at 184. Dean wins SV to make it 28-7

We have real shots and probably favored at 133, 141, 184, 197. We will lose 165, 174 and most likely 149 and 285. So comes down to 125 and 157. Can we pull an upset and get some bonus?

Good luck vs OSU … win or lose just hang tough and wrestle to your potential.

The door is open for a win, hopefully we can capitalize

3-3 after 2. Sasso on defense to start the 3rd. Penalty point on MVB tied up the match unfortunately.

Sasso is a stud. But damn, Van Brill is tough. Going to be a tough out at ncaas

MVB loses a tough fought match to #2 Sasso 6-3.

RU leads 8-6 after 4 matches.

Reactions: RUJMM78
This is a huge toss up match that should be in RUs favor with OSUs 3rd string going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT