ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019-20 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Reports are that the 2017 ACLS game when Sevi was "tipping" pitches was actually due to electronic sign stealing and flashing lights in the outfield. So no, this will never get old. Facts are facts.
Lmao, sounds alot like the Impeachment hearings, he said, she said,whatever, keep crying.

Damn man...huge Mets fan here but your constant core 4 on the Yankees makes us all look a bit off. We can’t even win games for the best pitcher in baseball and you want to bust their balls???
Come up with something new or at least thought provoking.,,
Listen, I didn't come up with the nickname"New Core 4" The 3 Amigos,{my nickname for them} did, and they predicted multiple Championships in a 5 year period,started in 2017. I will always throw that up in their face until they demand a "safe place" and have me banned. Sorry, I ain't changing. I only respond to their arrogant,entitled, and frankly very out dated opinion of what their franchise is,lol.

Listen, I didn't come up with the nickname"New Core 4" The 3 Amigos,{my nickname for them} did, and they predicted multiple Championships in a 5 year period,started in 2017. I will always throw that up in their face until they demand a "safe place" and have me banned. Sorry, I ain't changing. I only respond to their arrogant,entitled, and frankly very out dated opinion of what their franchise is,lol.
I've never used the term "core four" and frankly think it's kinda dumb. Not as dumb as Thor, but dumb nonetheless.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I've never used the term "core four" and frankly think it's kinda dumb. Not as dumb as Thor, but dumb nonetheless.
It was Proud, or T2K,they were separated at birth,two of the triplets. You were the one that went to college,:WideSmile:

Last edited:
Good pick up. Rather have him than Matz.
Doesn’t matter, there have been years where Wacha and Matz would have been our number 1 & 2 guys. But honestly, if these are our 4/5 guys, we are doing pretty well.
Now get me 2 RP and a real CF until we sign Betts next year...

I’d like to get Porcello, Betances and Marte for Nimmo. Also think we will peddle lowrie and Dom Smith for a bullpen arm

Last edited:
Michael Wacha and the Mets have agreed to a deal pending physical.
giphy.gif

Reactions: AntiG and FrankZ
Well, if you read Proud's contributions on the CE board you know that being a Yankees fan is one of the few smart choices he's ever made.

Really??? Here I thought the smartest choice one could make would be go to college and get a degree and then preferably get a graduate education. I didn't know that picking the Yankees is more important the choosing the most compatible spouse. Thanks for the lesson.

Trading Nimmo for Marte would be another BVW disaster deal. Nimmo is younger cheaper and better than Marte. Also martes defense has been getting worse.
Straight up deal of Nimmo for Marte- I make that trade every day and any day.

Trading Nimmo for Marte would be another BVW disaster deal. Nimmo is younger cheaper and better than Marte. Also martes defense has been getting worse.
Have a feeling that as much as what Corea has done so far, trading Rosario or whoever for him would be a mistake. It would be the Mets luck if Rosario would finally break out into an All Star type player in 2020, which he should flashed of in 2019. In the meantime Corea has a fractured skull opening up a bottle of milk in the Mets clubhouse.

I would do a Nimmo/prospect for him but as of next year...we may be a team that is buying better players...
And as far as Steve Cohen, I'm not putting any hope on something that MAY happen in 5 years or next year until it's actually done. Until then, the Wilpons will continue to squeeze the Mets as much as they can.

Wacha and Porcello. The Mets are "dumpster diving" yet again. What a stupid organization.

And we need to offload a contract to pay for this stuff. Porcello better than Wacha at least.

You guys are crazy if you want to deal Nimmo for Marte nevermind giving up extra pieces.

Wacha and Porcello. The Mets are "dumpster diving" yet again. What a stupid organization.
Both 1 year deals and we now have depth. I’m ok with it. We are obviously not jumping in with the big boys on the FA market yet but we did need back of the rotation depth. deGrom, Noah, Stroman are a very good to great front end. Matz, Porcello, Wacha are not bad for the backend and depth.

Both 1 year deals and we now have depth. I’m ok with it. We are obviously not jumping in with the big boys on the FA market yet but we did need back of the rotation depth. deGrom, Noah, Stroman are a very good to great front end. Matz, Porcello, Wacha are not bad for the backend and depth.
And quite honestly, 13-17 mil for two pitchers that will both be off the books in one year is much safer than paying a 35+ fireballer 36mil for 3 years...

Signing Wacha and Porcello gives us 6 starters, covers a rotation injury or performance breakdown. Two pitchers with something to proof. Keeps Lugo, Gsellman in the pen unless Gsellman is traded. Lugo, Gsellman, Wilson, Familia, Diaz and a free agent signing for the pen should give us solid pitching. Of course its all predicated on Diaz and Familia returning to their past pitching ability. I like Dom Smith. but he will probably be gone. Keep Davis! Maybe Smith, Gsellman and a prospect to the Brewers for Hader. I also would not mind them signing Belances.

Signing Wacha and Porcello gives us 6 starters, covers a rotation injury or performance breakdown. Two pitchers with something to proof. Keeps Lugo, Gsellman in the pen unless Gsellman is traded. Lugo, Gsellman, Wilson, Familia, Diaz and a free agent signing for the pen should give us solid pitching. Of course its all predicated on Diaz and Familia returning to their past pitching ability. I like Dom Smith. but he will probably be gone. Keep Davis! Maybe Smith, Gsellman and a prospect to the Brewers for Hader. I also would not mind them signing Belances.
Agree with all of this...If and a big IF- Diaz and Familia are even close to their pre 2019 form, we may have one of the top pitching staffs in the majors if we can also add in a Hader for a trade as such you mentioned. Betances would be a major get if he passes with clean health

Reactions: Stem
Agree with all of this...If and a big IF- Diaz and Familia are even close to their pre 2019 form, we may have one of the top pitching staffs in the majors if we can also add in a Hader for a trade as such you mentioned. Betances would be a major get if he passes with clean health
I left Brach off the list as a bullpen piece.

Another year of the Mets signing scrubs again. Where's Cohen and his money when you need him. Get the Coupons out of here.

Reactions: FrankZ
Everyone who were complaining about the Mets signing Wacha instead of Porcello are now complaining about the Mets signing Porcello lol.

It's the freaking Mets. Most of us know the Wilpons ain't sh** when we signed up to be Mets fans. The only way they go to the playoffs is by accident like 2015-2016. What the hell did you expect?

And as far as the new owner, that's not happening for a while, if it happens at all. I'm not expecting anything in my lifetime and I'm too old to switch to another team. So F*** IT!!!!

Everyone who were complaining about the Mets signing Wacha instead of Porcello are now complaining about the Mets signing Porcello lol.

It's the freaking Mets. Most of us know the Wilpons ain't sh** when we signed up to be Mets fans. The only way they go to the playoffs is by accident like 2015-2016. What the hell did you expect?

And as far as the new owner, that's not happening for a while, if it happens at all. I'm not expecting anything in my lifetime and I'm too old to switch to another team. So F*** IT!!!!

Some of us are old enough to have been Mets fans pre-Wilpons...

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT