ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019-20 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Another bad BVW deal. This guy really sucks. Marisnick can't hit lefties at all and his glove doesn't make up for it. Lagares is probably better. Throw in Blake Taylor who is going to be a useful reliever and a little lottery ticket like Corona and we get another BVW gem.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Another bad BVW deal. This guy really sucks. Marisnick can't hit lefties at all and his glove doesn't make up for it. Lagares is probably better. Throw in Blake Taylor who is going to be a useful reliever and a little lottery ticket like Corona and we get another BVW gem.
IDK. Neither Taylor nor Corona were Top 30 prospects. To me the major downside of this trade is that it's just a one year rental.

IDK. Neither Taylor nor Corona were Top 30 prospects. To me the major downside of this trade is that it's just a one year rental.

Sorry just saw this. I think Blake Taylor could have been a very useful pen arm this year and with 6 years of control. He did well in AFL and was hitting 97 on the gun with some decent secondary offerings. I'd rather sign another glove first CF than gave up what limited prospect capital we have right now.

Harper was a bad signing, but their team can be fixed.

Not disputing that, just adding that they went for it last year too. Wish the Mets would spend a little more to get some stars to join. Not impressed with BVW so far, although he did make the Alonso call so he gets some credit.

Report: Stephen Strasburg, Nationals Agree to Record 7-Year, $245M Contract

Girardi had managed the Yanks for a number of years. It was time for a change.
How long did Walter Alston manage the Dodgers? He signed 23 ,one year contracts. If your good, which Girardi clearly is, then no such thing as time for a change,ditto Belichick.

Didi Gregorius signs with Phils
Saw that coming for a while. Good signing by the Phillies. Also, good for the Yankees to move on. We have too many infielders to pay Didi a big contract. Torres to his natural position, DJ at 2nd.

Saw that coming for a while. Good signing by the Phillies. Also, good for the Yankees to move on. We have too many infielders to pay Didi a big contract. Torres to his natural position, DJ at 2nd.
I think it was a mistake. Didi is a way better defensive shortstop than Gleyber, with an incredibly likeable personality, and a swing that was made for Yankee Stadium. IMO injuries held him back this past season.
Let's hope that Gleyber can handle the position defensively.

I think it was a mistake. Didi is a way better defensive shortstop than Gleyber, with an incredibly likeable personality, and a swing that was made for Yankee Stadium. IMO injuries held him back this past season.
Let's hope that Gleyber can handle the position defensively.
Torres is a very good defensive SS, which is his natural position. Can't sign everyone, only so many positions to fill.

Torres is a very good defensive SS, which is his natural position. Can't sign everyone, only so many positions to fill.
Sub 100 win season this coming season, your window has closed.Your multiple Championships with the NEW CORE 4 will have year #4 come and go without it. 0-4 on the way.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Sub 100 win season this coming season, your window has closed.Your multiple Championships with the NEW CORE 4 will have year #4 come and go without it. 0-4 on the way.
Damn man...huge Mets fan here but your constant core 4 on the Yankees makes us all look a bit off. We can’t even win games for the best pitcher in baseball and you want to bust their balls???
Come up with something new or at least thought provoking.,,

Reactions: Kbee3 and T2Kplus10
Damn man...huge Mets fan here but your constant core 4 on the Yankees makes us all look a bit off. We can’t even win games for the best pitcher in baseball and you want to bust their balls???
+1
In 2018, we lost to a 108-win team that won it all. In 2017 and 2019, we lost in the ALCS to a club that engaged in unprecedented cheating with electronic equipment, cameras, flashing lights, computers, buzzers, etc. I'm comfortable about our future.

If they don't fix the search option soon there will be a new Hot Stove Yankees thread.
Didi signs with Philly.

+1
In 2018, we lost to a 108-win team that won it all. In 2017 and 2019, we lost in the ALCS to a club that engaged in unprecedented cheating with electronic equipment, cameras, flashing lights, computers, buzzers, etc. I'm comfortable about our future.
On the other hand- I also think the cheating crap is old too as is the Alonso * crap...just saying both sides have their own shit to deal with.
Yankees have a real good team and many of us including one of their biggest fans, WB, saw it coming a million miles away. Your starting pitching and living on the long ball with K hitters. Killed you in the playoffs.
Met’s really have ownership issues but league may come to a rude awaking as of the change in ownership with a guy that will pay to play...

Just responding to the douche who brought us Alonso***, and bragged about, well you know,dare I say that "Multiple" word 3 years ago???

On the other hand- I also think the cheating crap is old too as is the Alonso * crap...just saying both sides have their own shit to deal with.
Yankees have a real good team and many of us including one of their biggest fans, WB, saw it coming a million miles away. Your starting pitching and living on the long ball with K hitters. Killed you in the playoffs.
Met’s really have ownership issues but league may come to a rude awaking as of the change in ownership with a guy that will pay to play...
Reports are that the 2017 ACLS game when Sevi was "tipping" pitches was actually due to electronic sign stealing and flashing lights in the outfield. So no, this will never get old. Facts are facts.

ADVERTISEMENT