ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2020 NY Jets Off Season Thread

I’d go with lamb - Oklahoma wr if available. They ll take Wirfs. Iowa OL if he’s there.

If I know the Jets like I know the Jets, they'll make a "Whaaaa?!"-pick. Someone who will be out of the league in 3 years.

If I know the Jets like I know the Jets, they'll make a "Whaaaa?!"-pick. Someone who will be out of the league in 3 years.
You mean like Jamal Adams? They haven't made a "Whaaa'" first pick in years. The problem has been their sure things haven't been so sure.

solid pick. would have preferred Wirfs, but Becton can run and is huge.

Weight issues are fixable... maybe. He certainly wasn't a reach. He was expected to go in the top half of the first round.
I disagree. His weight issues seem difficult. . He also has drug issues. Not a good pick with Wirfs available.

Not that it matters but analysts much more excited about Wirfs than Becton. I would have went safe route with Iowa OL pedigree and someone in better shape with Wirfs.

I wonder if Becton knows the high school in East Rutherford is Becton Regional High School? My old hs. He's gotta make a visit just because.

Not that it matters but analysts much more excited about Wirfs than Becton. I would have went safe route with Iowa OL pedigree and someone in better shape with Wirfs.

Wirfs is solid player that I liked.
He played right tackle though

He’s not a LT though. He’ll be a really good RT or a guard. The Jets just signed a bunch of guys like that in the off-season. They needed a guy that’s gunna develop into a pillar at LT. Becton has that potential.

Reactions: shu2x79
OK what just happened. Trade down?

EDIT: Yes that is what happened. Jets trade their #2 (pick 48) to Seattle in exchange for their #2 (pick 59) and #3 (pick 101). Jets now have three picks in the third round.

Last edited:
They better draft Mims or Van Jefferson. Need wideouts and all good ones are gone.

Or do they go for the much-needed edge rusher? Baum of the Badgers is still on the board.

They better draft Mims or Van Jefferson. Need wideouts and all good ones are gone.
Trade down, get the guy you might have taken earlier anyway, so you get a free late 3rd rounder?

I am having trouble adjusting to the Jets having a competent GM.

Why Hennessey? Didn't the Jets sign a FA center? I would think they must go for an edge rusher here.
The FAs they signed at IOL are on 1 or 2 year deals. They need to pick up some young players there.

I would have thought S was one of the few positions where the Jets did not have a crying need. Best player available I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT