ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another offshore wind farm project cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you trying to flush our resident expert into this thread, dont make me tag him
Not really interested in that, and not going to belabor the issue. There a lots of scientists, journalists and others from both side of the aisle who are disgusted with the way things were locked down and reasonable debate was suppressed. Don't really see it as being political at all.

Reactions: bac2therac
Hmmm...
Epoch Times as being just lean right is funny. They are fringy hyper-partisan. Putting them with The Dispatch of which I read, for example. Whew boy.

Here's another media bias chart. RealClearPolitics is in the strong right range. Couple this with who financially backs RealClearPolitics, trying to argue they are center is a bit of a reach.

Last edited:
Elon Musk said the US is a Build Nothing country because of NIMBY while other countries can move at lighting speed.

Thank God for "Home Rule" These liberal nuts would be having us burn candles and eating bugs in the dark,

Epoch Times as being just lean right is funny. They are fringy hyper-partisan. Putting them with The Dispatch, for example. Whew boy.

Here's another media bias chart. RealClearPolitics is in the strong right range. Couple this with who financially backs RealClearPolitics, trying to argue they are center is a bit of a reach.

Wow, such curiosity about what I read. The question everyone should be asking is why ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, NYT, WaPo, AP, Gannett, etc. aren’t unquestionably smack dab in the middle where they used to be and where the average person perceived them to be? I don’t care what you read, but does it include links to full articles in conservative media? Or does it just characterize those articles and make fun of them? Because Real Clear daily takes me directly to NYT and many other left media.

Wow, such curiosity about what I read. The question everyone should be asking is why ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, NYT, WaPo, AP, Gannett, etc. aren’t unquestionably smack dab in the middle where they used to be and where the average person perceived them to be? I don’t care what you read, but does it include links to full articles in conservative media? Or does it just characterize those articles and make fun of them? Because Real Clear daily takes me directly to NYT and many other left media.

It's not curiosity about what you read. You can read whatever you want. I just find it kind of funny that you immediately dismiss anything from the AP because they lean left (and barely left when you review all the media bias charts) but then don't at least admit the leans of what you consider a quality source. Real Clear Politics leans right. They just do. They are funded by right leaners, their inhouse reporters are mostly right leaning, etc. They do aggregate articles from other places from the LA Times to the Washington Examiner but at it's core, it's right leaning. And when you look at their affiliates, like Real Clear Investigations, whew boy.

Their poll aggregator is worthwhile IMO.

The point here is that I am always intrigued by people that lament bias in the news and immediately dismiss something not based on the quality of the info in the article but who actually wrote the article while then propping up a clearly biased alternative. I mean you can read whatever you want. I read right stuff too like The Dispatch. And left stuff like the NY Times. Shoot, I even read articles from Fox.

It's not curiosity about what you read. You can read whatever you want. I just find it kind of funny that you immediately dismiss anything from the AP because they lean left (and barely left when you review all the media bias charts) but then don't at least admit the leans of what you consider a quality source. Real Clear Politics leans right. They just do. They are funded by right leaners, their inhouse reporters are mostly right leaning, etc. They do aggregate articles from other places from the LA Times to the Washington Examiner but at it's core, it's right leaning. And when you look at their affiliates, like Real Clear Investigations, whew boy.

Their poll aggregator is worthwhile IMO.

The point here is that I am always intrigued by people that lament bias in the news and immediately dismiss something not based on the quality of the info in the article but who actually wrote the article while then propping up a clearly biased alternative. I mean you can read whatever you want. I read right stuff too like The Dispatch. And left stuff like the NY Times. Shoot, I even read articles from Fox.
Ok, then I will continue to intrigue you, I guess as unusual as that is. Brofest over--it last one day.

Not really interested in that, and not going to belabor the issue. There a lots of scientists, journalists and others from both side of the aisle who are disgusted with the way things were locked down and reasonable debate was suppressed. Don't really see it as being political at all.

Oh i agree with you

Reactions: Knight Shift
"I also feel you dismiss points made that go against what you think." Well now there's a surprise. Now I've joined your club. I promise not to parse out fellow club members with Google results and I will only support my points with media you trust. That's my pledge.
I will use sources to back up my opinion and if you or anyone expresses an opinion about it I will look to see who is right.
I promise to find the info and not just express an opinion not based on facts.
Nor will I make an excuse for any elected official for giving false information that could have cost the lives of people that believed him.
So please join me in condemning 45 for the way he lied about covid 19 being a serious problem.
As for not talking about points you made that I agree with, why should I try to find holes in them.
Just let what you said stand because you made a valid point.
You first claimed Trump banned travel to and from China.
I pointed out it wasn't a ban but 45 restricted travel.
I'm glad you changed your tune and posted this :" Did 45 restrict (eye roll) travel from China: Yes" ( which I can agree with)
on : "Did 45 accelerate the vax: Yes" (again I agreed" and feel it did save lives.
So don't think I diminished anything , some of the things I agreed with I said so and some I felt there was no reason to because by not finding a fault it was obvious I wasn't going to dispute that fact .
As for the e-mails Fauci received, undoubtedly those who felt it came from the lab sent him their thoughts,
.Just like the ones that felt it came from someplace/thing else expressed their opinion by e-mail
Also Fauci questioned the effectiveness of the mainland China restriction because Hong Kong and Singapore along with Europe didn't have the same restriction and were starting to get covid 19 cases

I will use sources to back up my opinion and if you or anyone expresses an opinion about it I will look to see who is right.
Nor will I make an excuse for any elected official for giving false information that could have cost the lives of people that believed him.
So please join me in condemning 45 for the way he lied about covid 19 being a serious problem.
As for not talking about points you made that I agree with, why should I try to find holes in them.
I'm glad you changed your tune and posted this :" Did 45 restrict (eye roll) travel from China: Yes" ( which I can agree with)
on : "Did 45 accelerate the vax: Yes" (again I agreed" and feel it did save lives.
So don't think I diminished anything , some of the things I agreed with I said so and some I felt there was no reason to because by not finding a fault it was obvious I wasn't going to dispute that fact .
As for the e-mails Fauci received, undoubtedly those who felt it came from the lab sent him their thoughts,
.Just like the ones that felt it came from someplace/thing else expressed their opinion by e-mail
Also Fauci questioned the effectiveness of the mainland China restriction because Hong Kong and Singapore along with Europe didn't have the same restriction and were starting to get covid 19 cases
I try to stay on point and not get too far down in the weeds like you appear to make your living. If I recall correctly (there have been a lot of messages), someone else made a point, not in depth, about how unserious 45 was about Covid. So I expressed that there were mitigating actions—travel restrictions, vaccine acceleration, etc. and in the end it all balanced out. I still think that’s a fair point. I also spanned admins and showed how there was disinformation presented not just by 46 but almost daily by someone in the admin, so there was plenty of bad info flying there. So therefore, the long and short of it is that both admins misspoke and both did what they could, but the second admin had better info to work with. If you can’t go along with that reasonable take (that everything balanced out), then you’re too far from center. I’m absolutely in the big 34% on the bell curve, center right. Shall we test out whether you are in the 14% or 34% on the left?

W
We differ somewhat in that I’m not concerned about who is right—I just want people to acknowledge that there are equally compelling facts on the other side. I’m not concerned about convincing someone to change their point of view.

This is so inspiring. Should help recruit military people who may give their last full measure of devotion, only to be remembered with stammering, being referred to as folks, and that they served the administration. Just awesome.

Last edited:
i will just leave this here because i doubt the msm told them this

America's illegal immigration crisis is shattering century-old records with alarming numbers.

2023: 3,201,144
2022: 2,766,582
2021: 1,956,519
2020: 405,036
2019: 859,501
2018: 404,142
2017: 310,531
2016: 415,816
2015: 337,117
2014: 486,651
2013: 420,789
2012: 364,768
2011: 340,252
2010: 463,382

America's illegal immigration crisis is shattering century-old records with alarming numbers.

What happened in 2021?

Wow!

Someone’s gonna chime in about 2019, so as a preemptive, it’s because the economy was good, so much so that migrants disregarded the administration’s discouragement. The difference since 2021 is that they were encouraged to come, except for the one time Cameltoe “Root Causes” or “Heels Up” Harris told them not to come.

Reactions: bac2therac
Epoch Times as being just lean right is funny. They are fringy hyper-partisan. Putting them with The Dispatch of which I read, for example. Whew boy.

Some messed up stuff on that chart. Jimmy Dore on the left? Ummmmm, now way. Rachel Maddow's reliability should be at the bottom of the barrel, right about where Jesse is at--both of them feed garbage to their audiences of partisan clapping seals. Both are garbage.

As to the AP- it's not terrible, but that chart you linked to has them (apnews--is that same outfit as AP?) very low on reliability. Tend to like Reuters a little better. Have said before, as far as TV, News Nation does a pretty good job of trying to stay int he middle and be objective.

Last edited:
This is so inspiring. Should help recruit military people who may give their last full measure of devotion, only to be remembered with stammering, being referred to as folks, and that they served the administration. Just awesome.
"Fighting on behalf of this administration " Wow.... this folks is what you get when people are handed a position because of anything other than merit.

Some messed up stuff on that chart. Jimmy Dore on the left? Ummmmm, now way. Rachel Maddow's reliability should be at the bottom of the barrel, right about where Jesse is at--both of them feed garbage to their audiences of partisan clapping seals. Both are garbage.

As to the AP- it's not terrible, but that chart you linked to has them (apnews--is that same outfit as AP?) very low on reliability. Tend to like Reuters a little better. Have said before, as far as TV, News Nation does a pretty good job of trying to stay int he middle and be objective.

Dore is a self proclaimed lefty, he talks about it all the time. Wants socialized medicine, etc.

He just doesn't like the corruption and lies of the government. Someday he might realize that those things go hand in hand.

What happened in 2021?

Wow!
What happened was Bidunce had to deliver for his far-left open border activists and donors, as he promised to do.

Biden signs 3 executive orders reversing Trump on immigration​

Surge the border! Reverse border policies! Oops...but but but we need new border laws! 🤪🤪🤪🤪

What happened was Bidunce had to deliver for his far-left open border activists and donors, as he promised to do.

Surge the border! Reverse border policies! Oops...but but but we need new border laws! 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Oh, he created the humanitarian crisis at the border. WOW

That's our Joey B, or is it robinware456, or JRBWare or Robert.L.Peters? Is that ethical/legal?

Epoch Times is nut jobs by any reasonable standard. I'm wondering how a thread on wind farms got onto this subject.

Reactions: thegock
Do you know why so many people were coming? Because the economy was good and labor force participation was high.

I didn't claim it was under control for the whole term, but it was under control at the end of it, so there was no lie.

Now, we are going to have to get into the pandemic. Specifically how did he mishandle the pandemic in your opinion, so that I may focus my responses?

LOL yeah no one is coming now because of the record low unemployment.

Glad you admitted you lied and Trump mishandled the border. I'm glad I could educate you!

I thought COVID went away with the heat....no wait in April...no wait with disinfectant. Did you get your UV light injection?

After all you get your Fox News injection so what's the difference?

I'm glad you raised the documents point. How ridiculously dumb (most likely) and/or arrogant was 46 before the raid on 45. Most of us, when notified by DoJ of the impending raid and knowing that I and my son have mishandled classified documents, would have said: "Wait, hold up. I may need to clean some things up first."

Glad you admit

- Only Republicans called to jail their opponents

- The adjudicated rapist you worship stole classified data

- The adjudicated rapist tried to flood the room with the boxes of docs

You're so bad at this

Reactions: brgRC90
Well, here's the rundown on my points, since you may have comprehension issues:
- Did 45 restrict (eye roll) travel from China: Yes
- Did it save lives: Yes
- Did 45 accelerate the vax: Yes
- Did that save lives: Yes
- Did 46 and VP create FUD around the vax in the most televised moments (debates): Yes
- Did that have some effect on vaccine acceptance? Yes
- Was Fauci against restricting travel from China: Yes
- Was Fauci at the time receiving emails that the virus could be engineered/not natural/whatever: Yes (the emails were made public--if you haven't seen them, that doesn't mean they don't exist)
- Did 46 admin say that you couldn't get Covid, spread it or die from it if you were vaxed? Yes
- Could that be considered dangerous disinformation? Yes

So again, if there were mistakes made, the net net is that these things all balance out--maybe not to you, but likely to anyone within eyesight of the center.

Too bad that

- The COVID that arrived first in the US came from Europe

- The vax most Americans took was not part of Warp Speed (Pfizer)

- The far right told their supporters not to take it, with hilarious results

I understand that these facts don't make it to the daily feed of disinformation you suck down

Reactions: thegock
LOL yeah no one is coming now because of the record low unemployment.

Glad you admitted you lied and Trump mishandled the border. I'm glad I could educate you!

I thought COVID went away with the heat....no wait in April...no wait with disinfectant. Did you get your UV light injection?

After all you get your Fox News injection so what's the difference?
I think Rutgers95 said it best, and I paraphrase: You're sure to lose IQ if you engage with Not. My addition: It's like that giant sucking sound that Ross Perot talked about.

Economy under 45 would be better today--I explained why a long time ago in this thread. Deal with it.

Simply fabulous news.

Let's hope they start mowing lawns! SO GREAT!

Too bad that

- The COVID that arrived first in the US came from Europe

- The vax most Americans took was not part of Warp Speed (Pfizer)

- The far right told their supporters not to take it, with hilarious results

I understand that these facts don't make it to the daily feed of disinformation you suck down
Where's the backup for these "facts"?

You're making shit up

Glad you admit you lied.

But let's embarrass you further. It's so easy and fun.

And a good reminder that disinformation swallowers like yourself shouldn't argue with their intellectual superiors.

Simply fabulous news.

Let's hope they start mowing lawns! SO GREAT!
Actually, a tuned in liberal like you should be able to provide a room for some migrants. I'm sure they've been vetted and vaxed and are definitely less dangerous than US citizens--trust me.

I think Rutgers95 said it best, and I paraphrase: You're sure to lose IQ if you engage with Not. My addition: It's like that giant sucking sound that Ross Perot talked about.

Economy under 45 would be better today--I explained why a long time ago in this thread. Deal with it.

LOL quoting the guy who said African Americans were better off slaves.

Why should I care what people with no RU degree think?

Actually, a tuned in liberal like you should be able to provide a room for some migrants. I'm sure they've been vetted and vaxed and are definitely less dangerous than US citizens--trust me.

Well, if they're a HS dropout from Honduras, they are already more educated than you.

Pretty safe to say they also wouldn't beat the police with the American flag. Were you with Nikki Haley that day or could mom not cough up the bus fare?

Glad you admit you lied.

But let's embarrass you further. It's so easy and fun.

And a good reminder that disinformation swallowers like yourself shouldn't argue with their intellectual superiors.

Using classified information in a memo to business partners, keeping them in a box in a garage, and an unlocked closet at the Penn Center is perfect handling. Also, he wasn't President so was unable to declassify them.

That's our Joey B, or is it robinware456, or JRBWare or Robert.L.Peters? Is that ethical/legal?

I think it's David Dennison.

No wait it's John Barron

It's illegal to use pseudonyms now.

I mean I know you hate the Constitution, but damn!

Well, if they're a HS dropout from Honduras, they are already more educated than you.

Pretty safe to say they also wouldn't beat the police with the American flag. Were you with Nikki Haley that day or could mom not cough up the bus fare?
You are funny. Is there any reason why the DNC/RNC bomber hasn't been caught by the greatest investigative force on the planet?

Using classified information in a memo to business partners, keeping them in a box in a garage, and an unlocked closet at the Penn Center is perfect handling. Also, he wasn't President so was unable to declassify them.

LMAO you believe the rapist you worship declassified

I know you didn't graduate RU...but still...he's on tape saying he never declassified.

Also Obama declassified the Biden docs in his mind LMAO

I would get into mens rea but I want to keep this at your intellectual keel

You are funny. Is there any reason why the DNC/RNC bomber hasn't been caught by the greatest investigative force on the planet?

True. Large Marge is hard to miss.

Was this you?

US man 'beheads his father' and displays decapitated head in YouTube video 'protesting against Biden'​

LMAO you believe the rapist you worship declassified

I know you didn't graduate RU...but still...he's on tape saying he never declassified.

Also Obama declassified the Biden docs in his mind LMAO

I would get into mens rea but I want to keep this at your intellectual keel
No, I said a VP can't declassify

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT