ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G additions

You really are that stupid. At what point did I say criteria or necessary. I pointed out the make up of the conference. I’m done with this guy. And if the mods don’t start policing this place. You will have far fewer posters. We have already lost quite a few because of all the trolls.
On the subject of ‘admittedly’, admittedly I have no tolerance for train-wreck stupidity.

Why do I upset you ? Maybe because I’m pointing it out ?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Big 10 would be a Godsend for UM. In the shitty ACC their football stadium is empty except for FSU. They are a very well thought of research school and have a ton of money. Their only issue is small alumni and small private school situation. But their Miami/Dade Fl status would is NY Like. We have about 6 million people in Miami Dade/Broward/and Palm Beach counties.

Thst to me is worth as much as ND. Who's football team would be 8-4 most years in the Big 10 East.

I honestly dont think ND is truely worth more than a Miami or a Carolina to the Big 10. I get why the people in the NY NJ area think that. But no one in Florida is in awe of them. Other than to hate them for being the arrogant assholes they and their fans are
Most Miami fans I know want the B1G over the SEC. Culture fit is almost as important as dollars and cents and Miami aligns more culturally with the Northeast unlike Clemson which aligns heavily with the Deep South. If you start inviting schools that don't align culturally, you're going to invite problems later on down the road.

On the subject of ‘admittedly’, admittedly I have no tolerance for train-wreck stupidity.

Why do I upset you ? Maybe because I’m pointing it out ?
Keep spewing your ignorance. Where did I state criteria or necessary? You can’t find it because it wasn’t said. You don’t upset me. You just are a tool that doesn’t add anything to the conversation.

Reactions: TRU2RU
FSU's only way out of the ACC is to pay the full amount of TV revenue for the remainder of the GOR (~$40M × 13 yrs = $520M) plus the exit fee (3x its annual TV payout = ~$120M) or negotiate some lesser amount, but FSU doesn't have the donors/$ to pay anywhere near that much ($640M, maybe negotiated downtown to $500M). We've been hearing for years that some genius has a way to break the GOR, yet it hasn't happened in B12 or ACC, because everyone says the GOR is ironclad. Until a school actually challenges it and succeeds, this is all nonsense. No conference will touch FSU without some sort of legal release from the ACC GOR because the new conference won't have any TV rights to FSU sports and would likely be obligated by a court order to send FSU's TV payout directly to the ACC, like a wage garnishment.
Does the GOR have a clause that if over half/certain percentage of the schools leave, the GOR would not be in an issue. I can see schools like FS, UNC, UVA, Clemson, VT, The U, seeking the BIG or SEC. Schools like N.C State, Duke, Wake, GT, and Louisville seeing the writing on the wall seeking to fit into the BIG, SEC, or Big 12. Thus leaving BC, SU, and Pitt out in the cold. ND is ND, remain independent. This meeting could be seeing the beginning of a mass exit.

That’s fair

I agree, NIL needs to and will change
Regulation and some sort of structure is essential

I commend you for donating, and would never criticize anyone for not donating to NIL (whether there is against what they believe in, if they do not have the funds, if they do not want to, or unlike your case, if they have funds already alligator to Other Things)

It’s a personal decision that everyone has to make for themselves

I have no idea who 365 is. I’m merely stating my opinion on it, and I’ve never criticize, nor criticize, anyone who does not want to donate

The only thing I have said is that if you are not willing to donate to NL, then you have to expect moderate results and success

Absent of a whale donor or the fan buying in or the fambase buying in as a whole, we would need corporations and businesses to buy to succeed at a high-level in regard to NIL

The challenging, it absolutely can be done in my opinion
Speaking of @mb5789 , great points here:

Keep spewing your ignorance. Where did I state criteria or necessary? You can’t find it because it wasn’t said. You don’t upset me. You just are a tool that doesn’t add anything to the conversation.
You are too smart to engage with a dimwitted broken record. Put the troll on ignore, and he can talk to himself.

Reactions: TRU2RU
There’s no money for that now, unfortunately, which is a reason number 58 by the need to leave the ACC is Urgent
Well I’m not a guy who argues on an opinion board. I’m just not seeing FSU getting accepted in the near future.
The GOR thing is huge as long as Disney holds them there is nothing to discuss.
Paying a record amount for an exit fee. Means they’ll have no way to add sports teams. They require facilities, scholarships and travel.

I scene in an earlier post, you thought FSU would get 75% share. USC and UCLA got full shares only because they were accepted prior to the new contract being negotiated. Washington and Oregon came afterward and they are only getting a 50% share for the entire contract length of 7 years. 50% is about the value of the ACC payout.

So while FSU got hosed, leaving is still several years away

Except truth. Shelby takes a lot more than he gives and he doesn’t cry about it. Hit an insecurity nerve, did he ?

Miami makes more sense than FSU if you look at it this way…

NW = CHI
USC = LA
UofM = MIA

All three private schools in major US cities. Also, Miami has really raised its academic profile over the past 20 years. It’s as much a fit as USC is in my opinion. I’d still rather see FSU but I think there’s a case to be made for the Hurricanes to the B1G.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Miami doesn’t fit into the B1G. Outside of Northwestern the B1G are all state mostly land grant highly respected academic institutions. And the B1G is not a Northeastern conference. There are 2 outliers in the conference. Maryland and Rutgers in the B1G. Pennsylvania as a as a state (outside of 2-3 counties outside of Phila) has more in common with Ohio and the midwest than other northeast states. I have family that are alumni and were athletes at Miami. They would all say the same the same thing.

Clemson has become just as sought after by Northeastern students. There are more Clemson flags flying near me in Monmouth County than Penn State and that is saying something in the Manasquan area.
funny how football does that

I would say Miami is probably 8th-9th on desired list of candidates for B1G 3-4 slots behind Clemson.
neither are and clemson was not on any BIG sheet

clemson is all writers
Do you have reading comprehension problems. I stated the make up and history of the B1G.

Mods. I don’t complain about posters but Why do we allow this asshole to exist on our forum. He admittedly is not a fan of the program, openly spews ignorance and is hostile to most of the posters on this site. Can we get rid of this guy already.
you sicken me. stop being a weeny because you say stupid shit and get called out

Reactions: Shelby65

NW = CHI
USC = LA
UofM = MIA

All three private schools in major US cities. Also, Miami has really raised its academic profile over the past 20 years. It’s as much a fit as USC is in my opinion. I’d still rather see FSU but I think there’s a case to be made for the Hurricanes to the B1G.
Ahem
There is only one U of M in the B1G

And there are 3 “Tigers” already in the SEC lol.

I think Miami’s lack of on campus football stadium would hurt them. Even UCF has the Bounce House.

I think Miami’s lack of on campus football stadium would hurt them. Even UCF has the Bounce House.
Respectfully disagree. UCLA doesn’t either, but reasons 1-5 to invite a school are: money, money, money, money and money.

They don’t fit the ideal Big Ten profile, but they are definitely more culturally aligned than Clemson is

Speaking of Clemson flags, I’m also Monmouth county and I’ve seen a ton of them flying in the last few years

I love it when I see people flying college flags, as hopefully college football becomes more popular up here
Clemson has become a hot school for NE kids, good engineering program, big time sports and warm climate.

Reactions: vkj91

IMO that's a bit of an issue. They had a HUGE home field advantage in the OB. Hard Rock Stadium is never full. The FSU Miami games at the OB were insane back in the day when Jimmy J and even Erkison were coaching. . Saw one there. Along w the Miami Wash which was 1
Vs 3 st the time.

Miami has grown insanely since then. There is ZERO place to put one unless they knock down the Marlins park and made it a dual facility. lol. And that's not happening.

Point me to where I said what he claims I said.
Begins with “Miami doesn’t fit” followed immediately by the utter logic fail. Took you only 3 nanoseconds to refute your own point when I ridiculed it.

Crying to the mods doesn’t support your absurd, factually incorrect point about fit..

Reactions: Cheap Sunglasses
Respectfully disagree. UCLA doesn’t either, but reasons 1-5 to invite a school are: money, money, money, money and money.
Well they do use the Rose Bowl as their venue that alone is reason enough since it’s part of the B1G heritage

NW = CHI
USC = LA
UofM = MIA

If the B1G adds Miami, then they will have a school in the largest metro area in the Northeast (Rutgers), the West (USC/UCLA), the Midwest (NW), and the Southeast (Miami). Let's also not downplay the fact that they'd have the entire PNW to control with Oregon/Washington, the Philly metro area with PSU/Rutgers, and the DC metro area with Maryland. Those are massive markets that the B1G would have control over.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
But you are saying without LAX FSU is not meeting Title IX???
Alford said “the addition of women’s lacrosse addresses to ongoing considerations of our title 9 mandates.”

So they’re either currently not compliant, or also plan to add a men’s sport to go along with the women’s sport and equal scholarships, but just got to adding the women’s sport first

Why give ND a full payout? The are utterly useless except for Football. And they won't ever join the Big 10 willingly. They need the ACC to dissolve. Until then they will stay w what ever is left once FSU leaves. They want the easiest football schedule they can get.

Clemson should have left while they were good. Now there reverted back to the 9-3 team they always were. Maybe the SEC takes them. Big 10 would be better off w Miami and FSU. Adds the state of Fl. Both schools good enough in Bball too. Lacking in the Olympic sports but to this is about TV sets and revenue it makes sense.

I also think Carolina doesn't give a rats ass about football and are Big Easting the ACC
you cannot get ND unless you give them a full payout.

Agree he really is talking out of his ass!
I just posted both the article about adding women’s lax and Alfords comments regarding title 9

No, I don’t know all the particulars re current mens vs women’s scholarships

I don’t keep up with every single sport at FSU - truthfully, I’m more concerned with football, which thankfully shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon with a young coach, great recruiting class and robust NIL program

you have to imagine that the those calling the shots in the Texas are going to look at FSU and whomever with the BIG (truly a national conference) and regret carrying OU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT