ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the fake crocodile tears from all the nouveau environmentalists now about wind turbines . First it was the birds then the whales. Anything for the agenda againast the transformation of our energy infrastructure away from fossil fuels.

You know what lets build oil drilling platforms instead real close so all the NIMBYs can enjoy that view instead of a wind turbine 15 miles out to sea. I'm sure your all ok with that.
Apparently some in California are.🤷‍♂️

Love the fake crocodile tears from all the nouveau environmentalists now about wind turbines . First it was the birds then the whales. Anything for the agenda againast the transformation of our energy infrastructure away from fossil fuels.

You know what lets build oil drilling platforms instead real close so all the NIMBYs can enjoy that view instead of a wind turbine 15 miles out to sea. I'm sure your all ok with that .
Over Your Head Dodge GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
I don't have a view on the windmill issue either way, but do you know for a fact that Cindy has been "duped by some oil industry people?"

Some background info, but Cindy and her organization are not mentioned.

I don't know she was duped for a fact. It's also possible that she is insane. I know her and her organization well. I have partnered with them on some issues in the past. They are known for being wrong on some big issues sometimes. And also struggling for money. Despite that, I was shocked, and so was every other person familiar with the environmental movement in NJ, to see her make the statements about wind and wales. She has gone from being a minor player to now not having any credibility at all because of this issue. So while I don't know for a fact what happened, and I haven't talked to Cindy about it, she was at the podium with front groups funded by fossil fuel companies saying a bunch of anti-wind bullshit that the fossil fuel groups had been peddling.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Reading this post, there's one poster who seems to get "wood" attacking one poster after another with his condescending prick personality. Yeah buddy, you're the smartest in the room happy?🤓

Reactions: RUDead
I noticed the boogie board house is gone?

Ocean and Potter.
Yeah, it was nothing special but people I know liked it.

There are 4 houses being built on 2nd between Main and Brielle. I understand they're asking around $1.6 mil.

I guess that's the going rate to be very close to Leggetts and the Osprey lol.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Reading this post, there's one poster who seems to get "wood" attacking one poster after another with his condescending prick personality. Yeah buddy, you're the smartest in the room happy?🤓

Couldn't help but notice your signature.

It tells me that your perspective on group intellect might be a little skewed, what with you being at the bottom and all.

It tells me that your perspective on group intellect might be a little skewed, what with you being at the bottom and all.
What does you still having sigs visible say? How many more sea mammals must die on our beaches for you to open your mind? What's the number? We'll keep count.

What does you still having sigs visible say? How many more sea mammals must die on our beaches for you to open your mind? What's the number? We'll keep count.

They're not dying on our beaches. They're dying in the ocean. And it's been repeatedly pointed out that ship strikes and fishing gear are the #1 killers.

It's also been pointed out that there IS NO MECHANISM OF INJURY regarding sonars (which the oceans are absolutely full of - every single vessel out there has a running sonar, at all times).

Reactions: Eagleton96

Clearly the arrogant poster that grabbed my attention in setting a new board record for talking down to so many in one thread
You really think your above the rank an file. Comical that your a legend in your own mind. What do you see when you look in the mirror?

Clearly the arrogant poster that grabbed my attention in setting a new board record for talking down to so many in one thread
You really think your above the rank an file. Comical that your a legend in your own mind. What do you see when you look in the mirror?

I see someone who knows the difference between "your" and "you're".

I see someone who knows the difference between "your" and "you're".
Cute, Yeah always had a problem with that,as well as douch and bag. You probably think those Republicans in E. Palestine should suffer and die horrible deaths since they aren't Democrats

Last edited:
This seems plausible, but how do we know if the sonar mapping is not driving the fish and the whales into the shipping paths? Just asking.

Not surprising.

Can we do neither and have offshore nuclear reactors?

Let's just do more onshore nukes.

Did she say that? Seems that people want to tar and feather Cindy Zipf and her organization. I don't know her, but I did a bit of research. COA and Zipf were in favor of a phased-in development of wind farms, with a study conducted with 50 pilot plants before moving the mass commercialization. It seems that the right here, right now crowd thinks there is no time for such a study and that mass development and commercialization must start right away to stop the impending climate doom.

I don't find COA's approach to be unreasonable. It seems she has used the whale deaths as a rallying cry, which seems misplaced considering the increasing population of whales along the Atlantic shores. With a lot more whales, it is reasonable to expect more dead whales washing ashore.

This may be a good example of someone going off their original message and then clouding their message and their credibility. It is kind of amusing to see a reputable environmental organization being lumped in with some right wing nutjobs. Hardly helps the organization's credibility, and that helps when people want to paint the organization as "fringe."

Quick question. Are the private windfarm owners going to put money in escrow to take down the aged out or retired windmills? Just curious, because elsewhere folks just go out of business and leave the cleanup of the abandoned wind farm to the local government.

• Love
Reactions: newell138
It's "douche".

The obvious point, here - which you've obviously missed, and so have not improved your standing - is you're assaulting my intelligence and yet are unable to spell, use anything like correct grammar and don't realize the inherent irony that's dripping off you like Trump jizz off your chin.

I think we're done, here.
Is assaulting one’s intelligence similar to insulting one’s intelligence professor?

Yeah, it was nothing special but people I know liked it.

There are 4 houses being built on 2nd between Main and Brielle. I understand they're asking around $1.6 mil.

I guess that's the going rate to be very close to Leggetts and the Osprey lol.

I like the idea but the smell on that side of Leggetts in the summer heat has made me almost puke on a sober stomach more than once.

Glad I no longer live inJersey. Generations of corrupt Dem control are finding ways to destroy whales and the environment and what’s left of the pristine ocean while raking in $$$ . Nuclear is a better option until fusion reactors arrive in 50 years. Windmill maintenance is costly too. In the meantime China continues to burn more coal every year.

Glad I no longer live inJersey. Generations of corrupt Dem control are finding ways to destroy whales and the environment and what’s left of the pristine ocean while raking in $$$ . Nuclear is a better option until fusion reactors arrive in 50 years. Windmill maintenance is costly too. In the meantime China continues to burn more coal every year.
You realize the prior guy in DC wanted to put oil rigs off the coast or does that not fit into your agenda?

Want to compare the potential enviornmental disaster wind mills vs oil rigs?

Are you making the case that we bury the nuclear waste off the coast of Stone Harbor?

Because while I support nuclear that is the question that needs to be answered-what is the proposal to deal with nuclear waste.

lol ok tree hugger, aren’t you late for the protest soyboy?

I think we can all be certain he doesn’t want to. Nor do the other folks suddenly discovering their deep love of ocean life. And I’m sure all of them would be happy to host new nuclear reactors, and waste, in their neighborhoods.

This is one whale of a good example of how some people are led around on their special interest-driven political media leashes.

Reactions: knightfan7
You realize the prior guy in DC wanted to put oil rigs off the coast or does that not fit into your agenda?

Did you see people complaining about dead whales from oil rigs? Or promoting teh oil rigs idea?

That was rhetorical because the answer is NO.. you did not see that.

And we are talking JERSEY.. not DC.

UNSUBSTANTIATED means nothing. If it were substantiated, what would you claim then? You'd claim that the data is wrong or unproven.

How about we pause all this crap UNTIL it can be substantiated either way? Or even to see if more whales and other marine mammals survive than we have been seeing.

Did you see people complaining about dead whales from oil rigs? Or promoting teh oil rigs idea?

That was rhetorical because the answer is NO.. you did not see that.
Huh? Quick google search, first link...

Reactions: fsg2
Huh? Quick google search, first link...

We are talking about NEW JERSEY and the dead whales and dolphins NOW. And the sonar surveys that someone here assured me were not going on at all.

What deepwater horizon did or did not do is irrelevant. No one here discussing dead whales is in favor of deepwater oil rigs off New Jersey.. which may require and same sonar surveys anyway.

It is these surveys that are suspected culprit right now because that is NEW to that environment as are the whale kills.

What the bulk of us are suggesting is stop pursuing the wind farms until we know more about this whale kills. And if it were planning surveys for oil rigs going on and whales were dying in these numbers we'd be saying lets stop that until we know more as well.

You know what wouldn't kill whales? Completing the pipelines that Biden halted on Day 1 of his presidency. Building wind farms on land and owned and operated by AMERICANS totally exposed to AMERICAN LAWS.

So stop this nonsense of wanting to discuss oil disasters. Might as well bring up Exxon Valdez. Meaningless in this context.

We are talking about NEW JERSEY and the dead whales and dolphins NOW. And the sonar surveys that someone here assured me were not going on at all.

What deepwater horizon did or did not do is irrelevant. No one here discussing dead whales is in favor of deepwater oil rigs off New Jersey.. which may require and same sonar surveys anyway.

It is these surveys that are suspected culprit right now because that is NEW to that environment as are the whale kills.

What the bulk of us are suggesting is stop pursuing the wind farms until we know more about this whale kills. And if it were planning surveys for oil rigs going on and whales were dying in these numbers we'd be saying lets stop that until we know more as well.

You know what wouldn't kill whales? Completing the pipelines that Biden halted on Day 1 of his presidency. Building wind farms on land and owned and operated by AMERICANS totally exposed to AMERICAN LAWS.

So stop this nonsense of wanting to discuss oil disasters. Might as well bring up Exxon Valdez. Meaningless in this context.
If only we could just limit the discussion to that narrowly constrained set of facts that supports our wild conjecture while ignoring all evidence that refutes it. Then we’d be having an honest debate.

Right?

Should we do a little research on how much animal life has been killed by pipelines?

Or is evidence showing pipelines killing animal life not relevant because the wildlife isn’t specifically a whale?

If Yahoo! News is saying it's unsubstantiated, there's very likely something there. Basically, whatever Yahoo! News and other Operation Mockingbird assets say, just assume the opposite is true. Works about 90 percent of the time.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT