ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones - Final Season Thread (spoilers)

Let's keep in mind GRRM isn't writing these eps. Dumb and Dumber (as they're often referred to) could make it a happy ending type of story or at least have it end 'normalish' instead of the cited GRRM style that @jay_hq laid out so well.
Also, keep in mind that GRRM has lost focus and probably his writing skills. Books 4 and 5 were meh and book 6 has been in the works for 8 years and counting.

And remember, GRRM approved the ending of the show.

This show is so jacked, it wouldn't shock me to see the ending like this:

Dany is completely out of control, barbecuing anyone she can all up & down southern Westeros. The Starks are all out of ideas how to stop the Mad Queen, so stoner Bran comes up with the idea of using dragonglass to turn Jon Snow into a new Night King to defend the North.

This show is so jacked, it wouldn't shock me to see the ending like this:

Dany is completely out of control, barbecuing anyone she can all up & down southern Westeros. The Starks are all out of ideas how to stop the Mad Queen, so stoner Bran comes up with the idea of using dragonglass to turn Jon Snow into a new Night King to defend the North.

While that does sound crazy, it isn't that crazy historically.

There likely is a good reason why the NK was completely immune to the dragon fire from Dany.

My guess is the children of the forest used magic to make the NK immune to dragon fire because men had dragons were unstoppable. the CotF has no choice but to use magic to create the NK that way.

So yeah... using that same magic to stop Dany is an option.

These writers are hard to read.. cannot give them too much credit.. but.. wasn't that White Horse the one the leader of the Golden Company was riding?

In a general sense, perhaps it only means she's "good" now.. was broken out of her badass killer assassin mode. Maybe she and Gendry can set up house now in the Stormlands. Maybe she's pregnant.. maybe that's why she was looking at mother and child on the way in and tried t save them (getting them killed).

I think it will be hard to wrap things up unless they have a big time lapse. That is.. There is no High Septon, no Sept of Bailor, no Throne Room or Iron Throne (unless Drogon was highly selective and Dany an engineer).. how can she or anyone else be crowned and sit that throne?

But it has to happen, right? It is A Game of Thrones... and in A Song of Ice and Fire.. they already got the Ice and Fire done.

So.. if we assume some amount of time passing at some point, to allow a coronation, they can do just about anything.

My daughter is visiting for the weekend. She thinks the horse was symbolic or perhaps an indication of what will happen Sunday.

Revelations 6:8

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed him"

Reactions: BLewis1968
Was listening to an interview with David Koppelman about the NBA Lottery and the Knicks.
He is the creator of Billions on Showtime (and also Rounders).

They are skipping this week and not airing a new episode because of the GOT finale.
He said no point in even trying.

This season I’ve been downloading it and watching on the train Monday morning - Showtime app is great and let’s you download episodes/movies for offline viewing.

My daughter is visiting for the weekend. She thinks the horse was symbolic or perhaps an indication of what will happen Sunday.

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed him"
I like that.. but that means Arya keeps the horse? In the teaser she was on foot. Was Bran the horse?

entitled fans are the worse! This is not your show! This is a roller coaster NOT a sport car. You don't get to drive.
"entitled fans" pay for HBO too. When you look at that petition being 16,000 people you should take it as a strong sign that they represent a lot more than 16K people.

In 2011, the Obama Administration put a petition feature on Whitehouse.gov.. if a petition got 100K signatures in 30 days they would discuss it.. officially.

With We the People, you can easily create a petition online, share it, and collect signatures. If you gather 100,000 signature in 30 days, we’ll review your petition, make sure it gets in front of the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.
That's 100K or 300M people in the USA. That is 0.00033333333 or way way less than 1%. Meanwhile 16,000 of 16M is 0.001 that is a tenth of 1 percent. What is that.. 33 times more representative than the Whitehouse.gov requirement?

There are many many articles written on this GoT season on HBO and "Mad Dany" and so on... very few of them complementary. The writing is bad.. most fans of the show know it. They actually did a better job telling us how it was with Dany's father.. how he became more and more paranoid over time... yet they introduced Dany's paranoia just this season.

Just look at where we are.. days away form the grand finale.. no one knows what is going to happen, that is who will end up on the throne.. even Bran is considered a possibility.. which is ludicrous.. they would have no succession (unless it now shift to some kind of elective position).. but may actually happen. That's how bad these writers are. In fact, it may be wise to predict the worst possible ending.

I do like the Dany's baby to Essos stuff above.. that would require some time passing.. with her on the throne being Mad Queen Dany.. and someone slaying her.. making a Queenslayer out of someone. I think that fits the story well... but if it were done in the books, you know GRRM would have done a better job selling "Mad Dany" earlier.

How about this for a surprise ending... Dany is not "mad". Been trying to think of what would be the most surprising.. and not disappointing.. like Bran as King. What if Dany's fire-fest was merely honoring Missandei's final word.. she said "Dracarys". It is highly unlikely.. they spent time establishing her paranoia this season. But it is possible.

Back to the proposed Dany's baby to Essos stuff.. she would have to start out becomig more insular.. more of a paranoid hermit like her dad... she will have to deal with Tyrion... but how will she know she was betrayed? Maybe they dig up the place where Jamie and Cersei died? Maybe Jamie is alive.. becoming Azor Ahai by killing his dying and in pain sister/lover.. maybe she is alive and they save the baby via caesarian. Don't think she was far enough along.

In any case.. to complete the wheel, rather than break it.. Dany has to do some mad King stuff... in season one Jaime described to Ned how Aerys killed his father and brother who went to petition for the return of their "kidnapped" daughter and sister... his father was suspended from the ceiling in full armor, flame below roasting him. His brother Brandon, noose around neck, tied up just short of a sword on the floor.. he hung himself struggling to get to the sword.

Jamie: "Five hundred men just stood there and watched. All the great knights of the Seven Kingdoms. You think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No, Lord Stark. Five hundred men, and this room was silent as a crypt. Except for the screams, of course, and the Mad King laughing. And later . . . when I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as your father burned . . . it felt like justice."
So.. if they want to go full-on Mad Queen, they will have some horrid scene like that. Though I suppose death by dragon fire might serve. If Dany sees everyone but her unsullied and Dothraki as threats.. then any troops of her allies are suspect. Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Davos, is Elia Martel still in a cell.. her dead daughter on the floor near her? If Yara returns.. is she a threat? Sansa, the Northmen, the Freefolk, all threats. Samwell.. his father and brother were traitors, since burned. What about Gendry.. sure she elevated him.. but that was before Tormund called Jon a king.

hqdefault.jpg

Let it be fear.. she should spend a lot of time in the next episode making sure everyone fears her.. but that line will also apply to her.. irrational fears.. paranoia shall rule. But she has no one left with which to plot, to conspire.. Tyrion? maybe. Grey Worm is 50/50.. either blame Dany for Missandei's death or work with her to blame the rest of the world... that second part seem likely. Grey Worm was her enforcer in Mereen going after those Harpies. I could see a repeat of that.. as Jon and others conspire against the Mad Queen.

Once they are rid of Dany.. who rules? It took a civil war last time to knock off the mad king.. the head of one of the families made sense. But now? I only hope they have not written themselves into a hole where there is no satisfactory ending. Maybe keeping Dany is power is the best ending.. not a happy ending.. which they have foreshadowed.. no happy ending.

Last edited:
It is ok not to like things.

A simple lesson that seems lost on some people these days.

As far as the ending?

I still think Jon kills her somehow and Jon gives up the throne, the 7 kingdoms become independent. I am not sure how that all goes down or who gets what.

No matter what happens, people will be upset!

As long as Jon somehow makes it back to pet Ghost, that is all that matters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Chaos is a ladder.
Since Littlefinger is gone.. maybe that's a 3-Eyed Raven reference? Bran-Not-Bran?

Hmmm.. the Hodor origin episode.. Bran goes back in time to see that it is his going back in time that causes Wylis to become Hodor... at the same time he is doing "Hold the door" up north, in the future, to save Bran... who is warging to go back in time to Winterfell...

Not sure how that works.. but..

"You will never walk again, but you will fly."
―Three-Eyed Raven to Bran Stark
Perhaps the ending is Bran taking over Drogon, leaving Daenerys "naked" without her last dragon? or maybe that revelation has already occurred when he had the ravens go find the white walker army.

really.. anything can happen. @Scarlet_Scourge.. I'd like to see Jon and ghost.. but his farewell to ghost was underwhelming in the extreme.. not sure playing up a reunion would make sense.

but how will she know she was betrayed?
Tyrion overruled the unsullied guarding Jamie. Surely Danny will find out about it. She will also suspect that it was Davos who smuggled him to KL. It's a perfect ending for Davos, smuggling a child through a stormy sea to complete the wheel.

I like that.. but that means Arya keeps the horse? In the teaser she was on foot. Was Bran the horse?

"entitled fans" pay for HBO too. When you look at that petition being 16,000 people you should take it as a strong sign that they represent a lot more than 16K people.

In 2011, the Obama Administration put a petition feature on Whitehouse.gov.. if a petition got 100K signatures in 30 days they would discuss it.. officially.

With We the People, you can easily create a petition online, share it, and collect signatures. If you gather 100,000 signature in 30 days, we’ll review your petition, make sure it gets in front of the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.
That's 100K or 300M people in the USA. That is 0.00033333333 or way way less than 1%. Meanwhile 16,000 of 16M is 0.001 that is a tenth of 1 percent. What is that.. 33 times more representative than the Whitehouse.gov requirement?

There are many many articles written on this GoT season on HBO and "Mad Dany" and so on... very few of them complementary. The writing is bad.. most fans of the show know it. They actually did a better job telling us how it was with Dany's father.. how he became more and more paranoid over time... yet they introduced Dany's paranoia just this season.

Just look at where we are.. days away form the grand finale.. no one knows what is going to happen, that is who will end up on the throne.. even Bran is considered a possibility.. which is ludicrous.. they would have no succession (unless it now shift to some kind of elective position).. but may actually happen. That's how bad these writers are. In fact, it may be wise to predict the worst possible ending.

I do like the Dany's baby to Essos stuff above.. that would require some time passing.. with her on the throne being Mad Queen Dany.. and someone slaying her.. making a Queenslayer out of someone. I think that fits the story well... but if it were done in the books, you know GRRM would have done a better job selling "Mad Dany" earlier.

How about this for a surprise ending... Dany is not "mad". Been trying to think of what would be the most surprising.. and not disappointing.. like Bran as King. What if Dany's fire-fest was merely honoring Missandei's final word.. she said "Dracarys". It is highly unlikely.. they spent time establishing her paranoia this season. But it is possible.

Back to the proposed Dany's baby to Essos stuff.. she would have to start out becomig more insular.. more of a paranoid hermit like her dad... she will have to deal with Tyrion... but how will she know she was betrayed? Maybe they dig up the place where Jamie and Cersei died? Maybe Jamie is alive.. becoming Azor Ahai by killing his dying and in pain sister/lover.. maybe she is alive and they save the baby via caesarian. Don't think she was far enough along.

In any case.. to complete the wheel, rather than break it.. Dany has to do some mad King stuff... in season one Jaime described to Ned how Aerys killed his father and brother who went to petition for the return of their "kidnapped" daughter and sister... his father was suspended from the ceiling in full armor, flame below roasting him. His brother Brandon, noose around neck, tied up just short of a sword on the floor.. he hung himself struggling to get to the sword.

Jamie: "Five hundred men just stood there and watched. All the great knights of the Seven Kingdoms. You think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No, Lord Stark. Five hundred men, and this room was silent as a crypt. Except for the screams, of course, and the Mad King laughing. And later . . . when I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as your father burned . . . it felt like justice."
So.. if they want to go full-on Mad Queen, they will have some horrid scene like that. Though I suppose death by dragon fire might serve. If Dany sees everyone but her unsullied and Dothraki as threats.. then any troops of her allies are suspect. Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Davos, is Elia Martel still in a cell.. her dead daughter on the floor near her? If Yara returns.. is she a threat? Sansa, the Northmen, the Freefolk, all threats. Samwell.. his father and brother were traitors, since burned. What about Gendry.. sure she elevated him.. but that was before Tormund called Jon a king.

hqdefault.jpg

Let it be fear.. she should spend a lot of time in the next episode making sure everyone fears her.. but that line will also apply to her.. irrational fears.. paranoia shall rule. But she has no one left with which to plot, to conspire.. Tyrion? maybe. Grey Worm is 50/50.. either blame Dany for Missandei's death or work with her to blame the rest of the world... that second part seem likely. Grey Worm was her enforcer in Mereen going after those Harpies. I could see a repeat of that.. as Jon and others conspire against the Mad Queen.

Once they are rid of Dany.. who rules? It took a civil war last time to knock off the mad king.. the head of one of the families made sense. But now? I only hope they have not written themselves into a hole where there is no satisfactory ending. Maybe keeping Dany is power is the best ending.. not a happy ending.. which they have foreshadowed.. no happy ending.

"and his name that sat on him was Death"

Arya's revenge tour has 1 last stop? But is it Dany for sure?

"and Hell followed him"

She dies during the attempt? It solves nothing, in fact just continues the wars between houses?

Tyrion overruled the unsullied guarding Jamie. Surely Danny will find out about it. She will also suspect that it was Davos who smuggled him to KL. It's a perfect ending for Davos, smuggling a child through a stormy sea to complete the wheel.
Well if when the rubble clears Jamie is alive.. that would certainly do it

I believe I "asked" that white horse question a while back... ; )

Well if when the rubble clears Jamie is alive.. that would certainly do it
Dany already knew that Tyrion let her down again by letting Jamie go prior to her going all berserker. They captured Jamie heading to KL, so she would know that's where Jamie would head, thus tying in Davos.

There's just too many things we want for to happen in such a short period of time.

I worry this will just be an epilogue episode with no major changes.

Dany already knew that Tyrion let her down again by letting Jamie go prior to her going all berserker. They captured Jamie heading to KL, so she would know that's where Jamie would head, thus tying in Davos.
There was no indication that she knew about that. No scene of any Unsulllied going and reporting to Dany. She knew the plan about the cells and surrender but not that Jamie would be the instrument... and nor was he... he never got to Cersei in time. But ringing the bells in surrender seems to be a standard signal. "Open City" status is pretty common in this real world.. the Germans and Japanese mostly honored declarations of Open Cities... sometimes not (Belgrade and Manilla). I suppose the term "open" goes back to walled cities and city gates...

Last edited:
"and his name that sat on him was Death"

Arya's revenge tour has 1 last stop? But is it Dany for sure?

"and Hell followed him"

She dies during the attempt? It solves nothing, in fact just continues the wars between houses?
Solid theory. It's a lot to cover in one episode, and my thought is that they have spent a little too much time with Ayra and need to concentrate on Jon, Dany, Sansa, Bran and that Arya will have to play a smaller role in this episode. Maybe a quick death near the beginning or Jon kills Dany near the end right after Arya's failed attempt?

There was no indication that she knew about that. No scene of any Unsulllied going and reporting to Dany. She knew the plan about the cells and surrender but not that Jamie would be the instrument... and nor was he... he never got to Cersei in time. But ringing the bells in surrender seems to be a standard signal.
So the unsullied wouldn't report Jamie's escape (aided by Tyrion)? Come on dude, don't be so argumentative. They can't spell out everything. Tyrion's betrayal will have to be dealt with in the next episode.

Reactions: jay_hq
What else rides a Pale Horse?
Give credit to where it's due. The pale horse represents death as per revelations (didn't know the show's universe includes the bible). So Arya's going to give em hell or is she already dead just like the Sixth Sense? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Give credit to where it's due. The pale horse represents death as per revelations (didn't know the show's universe includes the bible). So Arya's going to give em hell or is she already dead just like the Sixth Sense? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is a different planet. It is not suppose to be Earth. Those countries and cities don't exist here. Much less Dragons...

It is also not important, LOL.

It is a different planet. It is not suppose to be Earth. Those countries and cities don't exist here. Much less Dragons...

It is also not important, LOL.
Agree. But who the heck knows. So I'm guessing you didn't sign the petition?

Last edited:

So you're saying Clint Eastwood is going to ride in posing as a preacher and shoot everybody up? Cool! I'm down.

Doesn't mean it didn't give the idea to the writers who do reside on this planet.

Reactions: RUScrew85
So the unsullied wouldn't report Jamie's escape (aided by Tyrion)? Come on dude, don't be so argumentative. They can't spell out everything. Tyrion's betrayal will have to be dealt with in the next episode.
Well.. to suggest they reported him missing is the same as saying that Dany did not have Tyrion taken into custody immediately. Call it argumentative if you wish.

Also.. would YOU want to bring Dany bad news?

Wait.. aren't you the same guy who just called me argumentative?

Wait.. aren't you the same guy who just called me argumentative?
Nah, not arguing here. The pale horse representing death is a considerably possibility. As per noone reporting Jamie misssing, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying? What did he just dissapear? Maybe the news was delayed? Is that your point?

Nah, not arguing here. The pale horse representing death is a considerably possibility. As per noone reporting Jamie misssing, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying? What did he just dissapear? Maybe the news was delayed? Is that your point?
I am suggesting this is the sequence..

- Dany gets word that Jaimie has been captured trying to get through the lines. I'm not even sure why that's a problem for her.. she knows he just fought with her at Winterfell. Maybe HBO cut something out there where Jaimie leaving Winterfell was objected to by Dany.. but I thought the big moment of him leaving was with Brienne,, not Tyrion or Dany or anyone else..

..now about the capture at KL.. maybe it was of the form, we captured Jamie Lannister and are holding him.. or We captured Jamie Lannister what should we do Khaleesi/Queen? In any case, Tyrion asks the guard if his orders came from the Queen.. he said no. If Dany really had Jaimie on her mind she would have fried him ASAP.. but freeing him? Without running it by Dany.. that is traitor stuff.

- Dany's forces are getting ready for the attack
- Tyrion approaches the tent, he gives the unsullied guard orders and suggests he outranks whoever gave him the order to guard Jaimie
- Tyrion frees Jamie who heads straight out to get into KL.. one would think Tyrion gets him through the front ranks
- The Unsullied guard has no reason to tell anyone anything.. he has orders from the Hand.
- Dany is busy, she is not keeping tabs on Jamie... but assumes he is still captured.. probably saving him for a nice beach BBQ
- They attack...

- A Tyrion knows Jaimie got into the city.. doesn't know anything else.
- Dany is busy being Mad Dany.. doubt she gave the captured Jaimie back in a tent somewhere any thought at all

So, at "this" time.. I don't think Dany knows Tyrion betrayed her for family... but I suspect she soon will. Hell.. maybe Tyrion comes right out and tells her... or maybe she gets a report that dead Jamie is found in the rubble.. or maybe a live Jamie pops out while she is trolling around the ruins and sticks a sword in her and that sword lights aflame.. and then she knows her Hand betrayed her. But I don't think she knows right now. Until now all her faults with Tyrion are that he has failed her again and again.. and she wonders if those failures are because he is going up against family. She will burn him if/when she finds out... I cannot see a way he can talk himself out of that one... especially if he is calling her a madwoman who did not honor surrender of Kings Landing at the time she finds out.

Last edited:
I am suggesting this is the sequence..

- Dany gets word that Jaimie has been captured trying to get through the lines. I'm not even sure why that's a problem for her.. she knows he just fought with her at Winterfell. Maybe HBO cut something out there where Jaimie leaving Winterfell was objected to by Dany.. but I thought the big moment of him leaving was with Brienne,, not Tyrion or Dany or anyone else..

..now about the capture at KL.. maybe it was of the form, we captured Jamie Lannister and are holding him.. or We captured Jamie Lannister what should we do Khaleesi/Queen? In any case, Tyrion asks the guard if his orders came from the Queen.. he said no. If Dany really had Jaimie on her mind she would have fried him ASAP.. but freeing him? Without running it by Dany.. that is traitor stuff.

- Dany's forces are getting ready for the attack
- Tyrion approaches the tent, he gives the unsullied guard orders and suggests he outranks whoever gave him the order to guard Jaimie
- Tyrion frees Jamie who heads straight out to get into KL.. one would think Tyrion gets him through the front ranks
- The Unsullied guard has no reason to tell anyone anything.. he has orders from the Hand.
- Dany is busy, she is not keeping tabs on Jamie... but assumes he is still captured.. probably saving him for a nice beach BBQ
- They attack...

- A Tyrion knows Jaimie got into the city.. doesn't know anything else.
- Dany is busy being Mad Dany.. doubt she gave the captured Jaimie back in a tent somewhere any thought at all

So, at "this" time.. I don't think Dany knows Tyrion betrayed her for family... but I suspect she soon will. Hell.. maybe Tyrion comes right out and tells her... or maybe she gets a report that dead Jamie is found in the rubble.. or maybe a live Jamie pops out while she is trolling around the ruins and sticks a sword in her and that sword lights aflame.. and then she knows her Hand betrayed her. But I don't think she knows right now. Until now all her faults with Tyrion are that he has failed her again and again.. and she wonders if those failures are because he is going up against family. She will burn him if/when she finds out... I cannot see a way he can talk himself out of that one... especially if he is calling her a madwoman who did not honor surrender of Kings Landing at the time she finds out.
Ok, thanks for the explaination, but I thought they had Jamie on Dragonstone and Davos smuggled him to Kings Landing. That's why I was saying Davos is in trouble too. When Jamie met Euron, it appears he had arrived to KL via boat. Anyway what's all this have to do with the price of tea in China. Edit: Jamie did arrive to the gates of KL and walked through the Golden Company. Later he must have entered the red keep through the beach. My bad, maybe Davos is not in trouble with Dany afterall, but Tyrion is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT