ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones - Final Season Thread (spoilers)

Just had a quick thought before it begins. Jon can not die tonight. Every season just ONE King dies. Last week was the King of the Iron Islands. Therefore the King of the North is safe.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
This is why Jon must pet ghost. That way people can get a good nights rest. Anyone who works for me reading this thread, get your ass to work!
Thank god. I thought I'd be the only one in the office tommorow.

It was a pretty happy ending for the Starks:

1. Bran - King of the 6 Kingdoms
2. Sansa - Queen of the North
3. Jon - Kind of King of the North North
4. Arya - doing what Arya likes

Definitely better than I expected.

Well yeah. I guess they earned it. Red Wedding, Ned's head, Bran pooping in a bag...

It was a pretty happy ending for the Starks:

1. Bran - King of the 6 Kingdoms
2. Sansa - Queen of the North
3. Jon - Kind of King of the North North
4. Arya - doing what Arya likes

Definitely better than I expected.
Would have like to seen another twist. A little too predictable. But I guess they're saving that for the recap episode.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I thought it was pretty good, better than the rest of the season. Overall this was probably the worst season and will go down as forgettable imo.

One thing that was really bad tonight was Sansa declaring themselves independent and everyone else going along with it No Problem. C'mon like they would have been ok with that. Really weak. Trying to get in a girl power moment. Big fail.

Count me in the “meh” camp. Too much walking around “oh the horrors of war”. They should have had at least two more episodes so they could have told the stories better. Drogon flies off with Dany and the next thing they’re doing is electing a new king. What did the the Unsullied and Dothraki do when they found out Dany was murdered? How was Jon caught/imprisoned? Did he just turn himself in? How did the election committee get together? Glad it’s over, seemed like the writers were mailing it in.

Count me in the “meh” camp. Too much walking around “oh the horrors of war”. They should have had at least two more episodes so they could have told the stories better. Drogon flies off with Dany and the next thing they’re doing is electing a new king. What did the the Unsullied and Dothraki do when they found out Dany was murdered? How was Jon caught/imprisoned? Did he just turn himself in? How did the election committee get together? Glad it’s over, seemed like the writers were mailing it in.
Both season 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes, like the rest.

Worst episode this season.

These writers suck.

-Not one person said "queenslayer" to insult Jon

-Sam proposes Democracy and people laugh.. but go to vote by acclimation

-Only the Imp could propose a name.. everyone else just says.. okay, why not?

-Bran is okay being called Bran again.. that's a relief.

-The Unsullied must be awesome slaves.. they cleaned up the place pretty well.

-Grey Worm strongly insists that Jon Must die.. but we don't see the scene where he relents? Why was Jon alive anyway.. why was Tyrion still alive? Grey Worm was committing war crimes all over the place... as did the Dothraki.. No one cares to do anything about that? Did we even see Jon captured by the Unsullied? Why didn't he just walk away.. he walked up there.. no guards tried to stop him.

- and they never told us how Dany knew Tyrion released Jaimie... writers probably have no idea that was a continuity issue. maybe something got cut out that would have explained this.. but if she knew before the battle.. why was Tyrion walking around freely? If she found out after the battle.. she would have maybe asked grey Worm to have Jaimie Lannister brought to her.. so she could roast him. And Grey Worm could tell her your Hand set him free. And she could show her anger. Compared to everything else.. this is minor.

- The Reach I don't get. Sam is Lord Tarly. The Tarly's were promised The Reach by Lannisters.. because their hold is IN The Reach. Why wouldn't Sam have a claim? Sam was going to have to answer to Grey Worm if he took the deal.. in fact, since they said his people could be Grey Worm's banner-men.. then maybe they'd boot Samwell from his ancestral home at Horn Hill. But Sam just sits there.. sounds good.. surround us with unsullied.. that sounds rather nice. And since they cannot father children.. who inherits their lands? Stupid plan. Good thing they settled for some ships to disappear to Naath.. damned robots.

---yechhhh

- reading above now.. oh yeah... Drogon flying off in the direction of.. HOLD ON A MINUTE.. we cannot tell the audience that.. spoil the surprise.. its not like dead people come back on this show..

Reactions: RUScrew85
All stories need an ending.

I don’t have a huge problem with the general ends of the story lines. But I have to think the old man would have played it out better than what we got. We all know the writing has been spotty since it ran out of material from GRRM. I just hope he lives long enough to write an end to his OPUS. He deserves that.

Years ago, way before B&B, when only fanboy/girls would debate online who might be cast if this thing ever got to a screen, all I ever really wanted was to see the Red Wedding make it. I wanted people to SEE and FEEL what I thought and felt when I read that chapter. Mission accomplished++.

I think the HBO team did just fine. It was quite the ride. I guess for me, the biggest kick I got was all the friends and family members, who never gave a shit about the corny fantasy stuff I read all my life, get so damn worked up in a frothy frenzy over all this (I can say the same for all the Marvel movies, but that is for another thread). Turned quite a few on to these and other books as well as other interests. Pretty cool. Thanks guys.

These writers suck.

-Grey Worm strongly insists that Jon Must die.. but we don't see the scene where he relents? Why was Jon alive anyway.. why was Tyrion still alive? Grey Worm was committing war crimes all over the place... as did the Dothraki.. No one cares to do anything about that? Did we even see Jon captured by the Unsullied? Why didn't he just walk away.. he walked up there.. no guards tried to stop him.

- and they never told us how Dany knew Tyrion released Jaimie... writers probably have no idea that was a continuity issue. maybe something got cut out that would have explained this.. but if she knew before the battle.. why was Tyrion walking around freely? If she found out after the battle.. she would have maybe asked grey Worm to have Jaimie Lannister brought to her.. so she could roast him. And Grey Worm could tell her your Hand set him free. And she could show her anger. Compared to everything else.. this is minor.

- The Reach I don't get. Sam is Lord Tarly. The Tarly's were promised The Reach by Lannisters.. because their hold is IN The Reach. Why wouldn't Sam have a claim? Sam was going to have to answer to Grey Worm if he took the deal.. in fact, since they said his people could be Grey Worm's banner-men.. then maybe they'd boot Samwell from his ancestral home at Horn Hill. But Sam just sits there.. sounds good.. surround us with unsullied.. that sounds rather nice. And since they cannot father children.. who inherits their lands? Stupid plan. Good thing they settled for some ships to disappear to Naath.. damned robots.

---yechhhh

- reading above now.. oh yeah... Drogon flying off in the direction of.. HOLD ON A MINUTE.. we cannot tell the audience that.. spoil the surprise.. its not like dead people come back on this show..

Tell us what you really feel lol.

Reactions: RUtix4me and jay_hq
All stories stories need an ending.

I don’t have a huge problem with the general ends of the story lines. But I have to think the old man would have played it out better than what we got. We all know the writing has been spotty since it ran out of material from GRRM. I just hope he lives long enough to write an end to his OPUS. He deserves that.

Years ago, way before B&B, when only fanboy/girls would debate online who might be cast if this thing ever got to a screen, all I ever really wanted was to see the Red Wedding make it. I wanted people to SEE and FEEL what I thought and felt when I read that chapter. Mission accomplished++.

I think the HBO team did just fine. It was quite the ride. I guess for me, the biggest kick I got was all the friends and family members, who never gave a shit about the corny fantasy stuff I read all my life, get so damn worked up in a frothy frenzy over all this (I can say the same for all the Marvel movies, but that is for another thread). Turned quite a few on to these and other books as well as other interests. Pretty cool. Thanks guys.
Well said! The plan was to have the last 2 books out prior to the end of the TV series. Sadly, neither were written. It is what it is. Great show, loved it! Can't wait for the prequel series.

What exactly is the point of the king of Westeros especially since Kings Landing is gone? To rule over the major houses, which are now led by Gendry, Sam & Bron?

And realistically, it would have been better if the last we saw of Jon Snow was the dragon breathing fire at him. He served no purpose in the story after killing Dany.

These writers suck.

---yechhhh

So I take it you weren’t upset about the white horse have no meaning and the plastic bottle of water that was under the chair during the big meet up.

I thought it was pretty good, better than the rest of the season. Overall this was probably the worst season and will go down as forgettable imo.

One thing that was really bad tonight was Sansa declaring themselves independent and everyone else going along with it No Problem. C'mon like they would have been ok with that. Really weak. Trying to get in a girl power moment. Big fail.
It seemed especially implausible that the other houses get talked into choosing a Stark by the guy from a disgraced house who was brought in front of them a few minutes before to theoretically be punished, then they don't balk at what just happened when the Starks don't follow their own brother?

It seemed especially implausible that the other houses get talked into choosing a Stark by the guy from a disgraced house who was brought in front of them a few minutes before to theoretically be punished, then they don't balk at what just happened when the Starks don't follow their own brother?

You're reading too much into it, probably.

If it were a real world, the North's independence would have been a non-starter for simple economic reasons. It's winter. The North has no exports and a potential lack of food. Absent favorable trade with more successful agricultural regions, they would all starve.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
You're reading too much into it, probably.

If it were a real world, the North's independence would have been a non-starter for simple economic reasons. It's winter. The North has no exports and a potential lack of food. Absent favorable trade with more successful agricultural regions, they would all starve.
I care less about the logistics of it (because let's face it, even when the show was at its best there were a lot of implausible things happening surrounding the movement and supplying of troops). The idea that the group wouldn't devolve into people looking out for their own family's interests when Sansa destroyed the unanimity is foolish (even the Dornish meekly go along/?.

The idea that the Starks wouldn't bend the knee to their own brother should have, despite Tyrion's speech, basically ended Bran as an option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT