ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones - Final Season Thread (spoilers)

Ok, thanks for the explaination, but I thought they had Jamie on Dragonstone and Davos smuggled him to Kings Landing. That's why I was saying Davos is in trouble too. When Jamie met Euron, it appears he had arrived to KL via boat. Anyway what's all this have to do with the price of tea in China. Edit: Jamie did arrive to the gates of KL and walked through the Golden Company. Later he must have entered the red keep through the beach. My bad, maybe Davos is not in trouble with Dany afterall, but Tyrion is.
No you missed something there.. Jamie was in the town, trying to get through one of the inner gates. What happened in these old medieval towns is they built walls, gated the town.,. then the town grew.. so they did it again. At least in some places and definitely in Kings Landing. So we saw Tyrion talk about smuggling Jaimie and Cersei.. OUT.. so he brought a boat there to that beach.

So we see Jaimie getting shut out of an inner part of the city.. and he does an end-around to go down the beach. The original plan was to show up.. say.. Hey look at my gold hand.. take me to Cersei... and then he would convince Cersei to head down through the chambers and tunnels under the Red Keep to that beach. So if he can go OUT that way.. then he can also go IN that way.

If Jaimie had arrived on that beach, he would never have been at that gate getting shut out, he would have entered the smugglers way into the red keep. Remember, Tyrion went in that way to meet Jaimie to set up the wight show and tell conclave. So he knew Jaimie and Cersei could leave that way. But he should have seen a guard on the way IN that way.. one the way OUT he would have been with Cersei.. the Queen, so guards wouldn't matter. But the shite had hit the fan so.. no guards.. or injured, newly-left-handed Jaimie might have killed them.

Oh.. and yeah, Davos would be in trouble.. if they found he had left them the boat. Imagine if Bran were afraid to burn.. I would think Dany would have taken him with her if she had turned "mad" sooner. She could just then ask Bran everything.

Dany: [gives Bran a cold stare] How did Cersei escape?

Bran: She left in a boat with Jaimie to a waiting ship.

Dany: Jaimie? How did he escape my Unsullied?

Bran: Tyrion ordered it.

Dany: I see.. and this ship they left in.. what was it?

Bran: One of Davos' smuggler friends. They are headed to Pentos.

Dany: Grey Worm.. go take Tyrion and Davos to the beach and tie them to a stake and clear the area out. I will go get Drogon, execute Davos and Tyrion and then go find his brother and sister. Thank you, Bran.

Bran: I am not Bran.

Dany: Whatever. Now go see what your sisters are up to.

Last edited:
Reactions: knightfan7
No you missed something there.. Jamie was in the town, trying to get through one of the inner gates. What happened in these old medieval towns is they built walls, gated the town.,. then the town grew.. so they did it again. At least in some places and definitely in Kings Landing. So we saw Tyrion talk about smuggling Jaimie and Cersei.. OUT.. so he brought a boat there to that beach.

So we see Jaimie getting shut out of an inner part of the city.. and he does an end-around to go down the beach. The original plan was to show up.. say.. Hey look at my gold hand.. take me to Cersei... and then he would convince Cersei to head down through the chambers and tunnels under the Red Keep to that beach. So if he can go OUT that way.. then he can also go IN that way.

If Jaimie had arrived on that beach, he would never have been at that gate getting shut out, he would have entered the smugglers way into the red keep. Remember, Tyrion went in that way to meet Jaimie to set up the wight show and tell conclave. So he knew Jaimie and Cersei could leave that way.
Agreed. Jamie was never on Dragonstone. Only Dany, Tyrion, some unsullied, Varys were there after washing ashore from Euron's ambush. Tyrion probably timed Jamie's escape to right before the invasion so Dany likely does not yet know of his betrayal, but the unsullied will report to their supervisor and up the chain of command. Maybe Greyworm already knows.

If Jaimie had arrived on that beach, he would never have been at that gate getting shut out, he would have entered the smugglers way into the red keep. Remember, Tyrion went in that way to meet Jaimie to set up the wight show and tell conclave. So he knew Jaimie and Cersei could leave that way. But he should have seen a guard on the way IN that way.. one the way OUT he would have been with Cersei.. the Queen, so guards wouldn't matter. But the shite had hit the fan so.. no guards.. or injured, newly-left-handed Jaimie might have killed them.

Oh.. and yeah, Davos would be in trouble.. if they found he had left them the boat. Imagine if Bran were afraid to burn.. I would think Dany would have taken him with her if she had turned "mad" sooner. She could just then ask Bran everything.

Dany: [gives Bran a cold stare] How did Cersei escape?

Bran: She left in a boat with Jaimie to a waiting ship.

Dany: Jaimie? How did he escape my Unsullied?

Bran: Tyrion ordered it.

Dany: I see.. and this ship they left in.. what was it?

Bran: One of Davos' smuggler friends. They are headed to Pentos.

Dany: Grey Worm.. go take Tyrion and Davos to the beach and tie them to a stake and clear the area out. I will go get Drogon, execute Davos and Tyrion and then go find his brother and sister. Thank you, Bran.

Bran: I am not Bran.

Dany: Whatever. Now go see what your sisters are up to.
Now your starting to think like GRRM.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agreed. Jamie was never on Dragonstone. Only Dany, Tyrion, some unsullied, Varys were there after washing ashore from Euron's ambush. Tyrion probably timed Jamie's escape to right before the invasion so Dany likely does not yet know of his betrayal, but the unsullied will report to their supervisor and up the chain of command. Maybe Greyworm already knows.

(I am arguing here in favor of my take)

Wouldn't that be going over the head of your superior?

Look at it this way.. some captain tells a sergeant to put a guard on a tent.. a private, say... no one in or out.

This private then gets a visited by the secretary of defense who says.. go join this group prepping for the assault on the city I am visiting the prisoner. After restating what your orders are, this SecState asks if your orders came straight from the president because only he outranks you. So you follow your orders.

Now.. imagine that private actually meats his sergeant and captain who were responsible for his original orders.. and he "tells on" the SecState's orders. Do they go over the SecState's head and appeal to the president? Or do they say orders are orders and just go on about their business?

I think there are a lot of unlikely "ifs" involved in "reporting up the chain". The Unsullied are robots. I don't think they would have the initiative nor situational awareness to report up the chain.. in fact, isn't their "chain" very flat? there's Dany - Grey Worm and then them. Though they did recognize Tyrion, the Hand's authority. So even if they report up the chain the chain hits Tyrion before Dany.

I can see your scenario.. just don't find it likely.. and that scenario was not shown in the episode nor referred to.. It would have had to have happened off-screen. I'd like to count on the logic of the writers and directors.. but....

ZOHbf8G.jpg

(I am arguing here in favor of my take)

Wouldn't that be going over the head of your superior?

Look at it this way.. some captain tells a sergeant to put a guard on a tent.. a private, say... no one in or out.

This private then gets a visited by the secretary of defense who says.. go join this group prepping for the assault on the city I am visiting the prisoner. After restating what your orders are, this SecState asks if your orders came straight from the president because only he outranks you. So you follow your orders.

Now.. imagine that private actually meats his sergeant and captain who were responsible for his original orders.. and he "tells on" the SecState's orders. Do they go over the SecState's head and appeal to the president? Or do they say orders are orders and just go on about their business?

I think there are a lot of unlikely "ifs" involved in "reporting up the chain". The Unsullied are robots. I don't think they would have the initiative nor situational awareness to report up the chain.. in fact, isn't their "chain" very flat? there's Dany - Grey Worm and then them. Though they did recognize Tyrion, the Hand's authority. So even if they report up the chain the chain hits Tyrion before Dany.

I can see your scenario.. just don't find it likely.. and that scenario was not shown in the episode nor referred to.. It would have had to have happened off-screen. I'd like to count on the logic of the writers and directors.. but....
Again don't want to argue for the sake of it, but if someone ordered something over their head, they would go directly to report to the original person who gave them the original order. It is not unlikely that many unsullied already know Tyrion released Jamie. They don't need Jamie to be alive to prove Tyrion's betrayal. Doubt if the show goes there (Jamie still alive), but I guess you never know.

See, e.g., The Sopranos
Can see a similar type ending, where the question, "who sits the iron throne?" is left to interpretation. Final scenes, KL being sacked with northern men fighting the dorthraki and eunichs in full rebelion mode. Dany and Jon meet for Jon to do the final deed, thier child simultaneously being shipped off to Pentos. Lastly, a raven flys into the depts of the northern lands. He settles next to a baby with brown eyes. Slowly the babies eyes turn blue as the NK wargs into him.

Or after Greyworm kills Dany, he and the others just walk away and go back to where they came from. The town's folk take a vote and HotPie is voted as the new ruler of the 7 Kingdoms, because he makes the best pies, breads and cookies and after all the zombies, dragons and mass killings, that is all they care about anymore.

Or after Greyworm kills Dany, he and the others just walk away and go back to where they came from. The town's folk take a vote and HotPie is voted as the new ruler of the 7 Kingdoms, because he makes the best pies, breads and cookies and after all the zombies, dragons and mass killings, that is all they care about anymore.
If Dany is killed, I assume Drogon will go dragon and f up some more stuff before flying away. A secondary character will probably end up ruling, but maybe not on the Iron Throne due to Drogon flipping out and destroying the rest of the Red Keep.

Reactions: gmay8
I object! Surely if hot pie is still alive they would have let us know. The Mountain had Hot Pie's head. (The Mountains head was shipped to Dorne to placate the Dornish I think?)

If Dany is killed, I assume Drogon will go dragon and f up some more stuff before flying away. A secondary character will probably end up ruling, but maybe not on the Iron Throne due to Drogon flipping out and destroying the rest of the Red Keep.
Speaking of secondary characters, will we see Podrick Paign again? He has proven himself to be quite the renaissance man.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Speaking of secondary characters, will we see Podrick Paign again? He has proven himself to be quite the renaissance man.
Podrick can be King! Also Sam. Perhaps Bran, why the hell not. He just chills all day and thinks about the past. As King, who better than Bran to learn from the mistakes of others?

Reactions: gmay8 and RutHut
This show is so jacked, it wouldn't shock me to see the ending like this:

Dany is completely out of control, barbecuing anyone she can all up & down southern Westeros. The Starks are all out of ideas how to stop the Mad Queen, so stoner Bran comes up with the idea of using dragonglass to turn Jon Snow into a new Night King to defend the North.

Haaa! Brilliant! Twilight Zone anyone?

Again don't want to argue for the sake of it, but if someone ordered something over their head, they would go directly to report to the original person who gave them the original order. It is not unlikely that many unsullied already know Tyrion released Jamie. They don't need Jamie to be alive to prove Tyrion's betrayal. Doubt if the show goes there (Jamie still alive), but I guess you never know.

So they go to their immediate supervisor and tell him that Tyrion, the Queen's Hand.. ordered X... and that guy would say.,.. "why aren't you doing X then?" And order from Tyrion to a private would mean that his sergeant would also have that same order from a superior.

We'll see tomorrow.. does Dany know or not know that Tyrion let Jaime go.. but I wouldn't put it past these writers to have her know.. but not explain how she knows.. not even hint at it.

I saw somewhere earlier I merged Podrick and Gendry where I had Gendry being Brienne's squire.. embarrassing error. Some Lord's daughter is going to pleased with a newly knighted Podrick.. he'll be fine.

Winterfell filming location near belfast

Last edited:
Podrick can be King! Also Sam. Perhaps Bran, why the hell not. He just chills all day and thinks about the past. As King, who better than Bran to learn from the mistakes of others?
I wouldn't put it past these guys to make Bran king.. GRRM too.. at least he would have managed it better.. like Dany going mad. But Bran becoming king is a big F U to us all. It would be what Varys wanted.. some sort of election...

..like how the Hundred Years War lead to creation of the House of Commons. And eventually, centuries later, it lead to Parliament choosing a successor after the Cromwell years... and going outside the regular choices and over to Germany. Since then English monarchs are pretty much MORE German than English.

Bran on the Iron Throne... petitions are not enough if that happens.. storm HBO HQ.. and GRRM's Santa Fe theater too.. and his book publishers offices.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I wouldn't put it past these guys to make Bran king.. GRRM too.. at least he would have managed it better.. like Dany going mad. But Bran becoming king is a big F U to us all. It would be what Varys wanted.. some sort of election...

..like how the Hundred Years War lead to creation of the House of Commons. And eventually, centuries later, it lead to Parliament choosing a successor after the Cromwell years... and going outside the regular choices and over to Germany. Since then English monarchs are pretty much MORE German than English.

Bran on the Iron Throne... petitions are not enough if that happens.. storm HBO HQ.. and GRRM's Santa Fe theater too.. and his book publishers offices.
I would like to see an "unhappy ending" with Dany out thinking those that want her gone and her winning the throne. Second choice is Sansa, she has played the game very well. Worst outcome would be Jon, too much of the cliche happy ending.

I would like to see an "unhappy ending" with Dany out thinking those that want her gone and her winning the throne. Second choice is Sansa, she has played the game very well. Worst outcome would be Jon, too much of the cliche happy ending.
What about a dead character returning? There are rumors that a bunch of characters may return since they were faceless men. Even Rhaegar Targarean is rumored to still be alive. Personally I find this unlikelly and would rather them stick to the remainiing known live characters and give them the proper send offs.

Bran was the betting favorite prior to the season.

Not sure if "somebody knew something" or more likely it was people believing "Bran is the Night King" theory.

What about a dead character returning? There are rumors that a bunch of characters may return since they were faceless men. Even Rhaegar Targarean is rumored to still be alive. Personally I find this unlikelly and would rather them stick to the remainiing known live characters and give them the proper send offs.
If they bring out a dead character in the last episode, that would be pretty rough.....from a story POV. Just an out of the blue WTF. But who knows, we shall see soon!

Reactions: jay_hq

Not sure if "somebody knew something" or more likely it was people believing "Bran is the Night King" theory.
Interesting. If they do a "vote" or let the small group of main characters decide, it can very likely be Bran as a "non-partisan" consensus pick.

All Hail King Bran!
I am not Bran.
Okay, whatever dude, just shut-up and rule.

If they bring out a dead character in the last episode, that would be pretty rough.....from a story POV. Just an out of the blue WTF. But who knows, we shall see soon!
Agree, but the Night King still lives. All hail the NK!

Last edited:
I heard in the last episode, Han Solo dies
If you didn't read these books or watch this show, you missed out on a lot of graphic violence, guilty-pleasure sex scenes, and hilarious, whitty quips. I scanned through the rest.

If you didn't read these books or watch this show, you missed out on a lot of graphic violence, guilty-pleasure sex scenes, and hilarious, whitty quips. I scanned through the rest.
I was going to go on “mr skin.com” for naked Kelley esi pics

10.7 Million Americans Likely To Skip Work Day After Game Of Thrones Finale

A study conducted by the Workforce Institute at Kronos predicts that 27.2 million live viewers “will either miss work completely the next day, or arrive late, work remotely, be less productive than usual, or suffer some other impact on their work obligations come Monday." Of that number, 10.7 Americans are expected to skip out on work entirely.

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/con...o-skip-work-day-after-game-of-thrones-finale/

Reactions: RutHut
10.7 Million Americans Likely To Skip Work Day After Game Of Thrones Finale

A study conducted by the Workforce Institute at Kronos predicts that 27.2 million live viewers “will either miss work completely the next day, or arrive late, work remotely, be less productive than usual, or suffer some other impact on their work obligations come Monday." Of that number, 10.7 Americans are expected to skip out on work entirely.

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/con...o-skip-work-day-after-game-of-thrones-finale/
This is why Jon must pet ghost. That way people can get a good nights rest. Anyone who works for me reading this thread, get your ass to work!

Last edited:

Awww.. that's kinda lame.. such an outlandish thing as Bran is king and someone bets on it enough that it is the favorite? They should cancel all those wagers. I hope whatever "Bran is King" rumor that started this betting was a ruse by the actors and crew to throw people off.

I normally avoid rumors and stuff until the episode is over.. but I just looked up some of this Bran crap.. ... you know what.. not gonna mention it. I may have just ruined tonight for myself.. why do it for anyone reading this.

Last edited:
Interesting. If they do a "vote" or let the small group of main characters decide, it can very likely be Bran as a "non-partisan" consensus pick.

All Hail King Bran!
I am not Bran.
Okay, whatever dude, just shut-up and rule.

Imagine Bran in an election.
He’ll just randomly blurt out “my opponent Sansa would pleasure herself to thoughts of Joffrey. She also hooked up with littlefinger and watched him push her aunt out the moon door.”

Imagine Bran in an election.
He’ll just randomly blurt out “my opponent Sansa would pleasure herself to thoughts of Joffrey. She also hooked up with littlefinger and watched him push her aunt out the moon door.”
He can add that she had the hots for the hound and dreamed of kissing him on numerous occasions. Negative campaigns win.

Here's my Game of Thrones alternate ending. I'm kind of hoping that at the end of the last episode, Peter Dinklage wakes up next to that abandoned train depot in Rockaway, NJ, as the character he played in "Station Agent," and exclaims to his friends about what an amazing dream he just had. Bob Newhart redux, lol. Great, underrated film, by the way.

Reactions: knightfan7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT