ADVERTISEMENT

OT: McCord to Cuse

So? If @koleszar is correct, why does that matter? Should he get a free pass? Don't think so. And obviously not such a loyal son, because if he was truly loyal, you know.
Seems like we give some former players kids a hard time like gaurrantano and McCord. Doesn’t seem to make sense . Especially JG, he is a Rutgers hall of famer.

More like it drives them crazy to see a program with similar resources doing better.
Syracuses resources are no where near Rutgers. They are at a crossroads either start spending or get left in the dust.
Fran Brown is an elite recruiter, Period. The rest is to be determined: Management skills, coaching hires?, NIL?, facilities upgrades?
We’ll see how good a head coach he is real soon.
Greg Schiano was about a win away from being COY in the toughest division in college football.
The way things stand Dino Babers did as well as could be expected for a program that time has passed by.
My prediction, Syracuse will spend. They will be competitive in the weak ACC. The only conference to have an undefeated team passed over for the playoffs.
Earning a whopping $36 mill per year.
Rutgers on the other hand will yield between 75-100 mill. Per year from the only national conference in the country.
Not bad for a school left to die on the vine by most of its Big East partners.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Maybe it’s the 1920 philosophy they wanted nothing to do with.
I'm just telling you what I've read. Proud, loyal son or not the family wanted no part of Rutgers.

Also, Ciarrocca's history has shown if he has a capable passer, he's not afraid to pass. This year's offense was specifically designed because he knew he had no passer. That is unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that Schiano calls or dictates all offense and defensive plays. Which would make him a Super coach, since no one man is capable of doing everything.

Seems like we give some former players kids a hard time like gaurrantano and McCord. Doesn’t seem to make sense . Especially JG, he is a Rutgers hall of famer.
I don't really think about JG and his father. But wasn't there some drama or some other nonsense with his recruitment to Rutgers?

Wow . Some rutgers fans here are acting like morons.Hell, If we got a backup quarterback that transferred here from one of the best programs in the country we would be ecstatic . And if we got a starter from that place that would be an ru legacy !! Wow

I'm just telling you what I've read. Proud, loyal son or not the family wanted no part of Rutgers.

Also, Ciarrocca's history has shown if he has a capable passer, he's not afraid to pass. This year's offense was specifically designed because he knew he had no passer. That is unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that Schiano calls or dictates all offense and defensive plays. Which would make him a Super coach, since no one man is capable of doing everything.
So if the coaching staff knows we have no passer, why not get a passer ??

No of course Schiano doesn’t call the plays. But he certainly dictates the philosophy and risk-averse playbook.

Same thing about special teams. Do you think it’s the special teams coach’s idea to never return a punt ?

Wow . Some rutgers fans here are acting like morons.Hell, If we got a backup quarterback that transferred here from one of the best programs in the country we would be ecstatic . And if we got a starter from that place that would be an ru legacy !! Wow
Exactly whom are you referring to, plum?

Kyle Bolin says hi. He left a solidly ranked Louisville team to play for Rutgers. It did not work out so well, because the coaching was meh. IDK if having a legacy is that big of a deal.

Reactions: kbllmy21
Exactly whom are you referring to, plum?

Kyle Bolin says hi. He left a solidly ranked Louisville team to play for Rutgers. It did not work out so well, because the coaching was meh. IDK if having a legacy is that big of a deal.
Louisville was not one of the best teams in the country . And bolin’s daddy and mommy didn’t fall in love at rutgers

Reactions: RUTGERS95
McCord was never coming here. really want to see what Kyle does when 5 stars are not all over the place.
Graber was able to get Bryan Fortay to transfer from Miami to ‘come home’ but GS can’t do something similar? I’m sure he can ‘develop’ some 3-star with offers from Akron and Buffalo into a franchise. We’re a ‘developmental program’ which is a nice way of saying we can’t recruit the HS or portal talent our peers, such as PSU, can particularly offensive playmakers. “Developmental program” is another BS slogan like “rebuilding” that fools fall for. Every program, even Alabama has to develop their recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Graber was able to get Bryan Fortay to transfer from Miami to ‘come home’ but GS can’t do something similar? I’m sure he can ‘develop’ some 3-star with offers from Akron and Buffalo into a franchise. We’re a ‘developmental program’ which is a nice way of saying we can’t recruit the HS talent our peers, such as PSU, can.
Graber got fortay and then had major quarterback controversies with Lucas

Louisville was not one of the best teams in the country . And bolin’s daddy and mommy didn’t fall in love at rutgers
You are just being contrarian. They were ranked #20 at end of season the year before he came to Rutgers. They came within 6 points of beating the national champion Clemson. They destroyed a Florida State team that finished ranked at #8.

But if it's not your narrative, it's not a narrative?

Graber was able to get Bryan Fortay to transfer from Miami to ‘come home’ but GS can’t do something similar? I’m sure he can ‘develop’ some 3-star with offers from Akron and Buffalo into a franchise. We’re a ‘developmental program’ which is a nice way of saying we can’t recruit the HS or portal talent our peers, such as PSU, can particularly offensive playmakers
Graber did a lot more than that. He got all the best kids in the same room and made his pitch. Guy coudl recruit. On top of that, he went to athletes of other sports programs and the like and offered walk on roles to earn time. Guy was great, fantastic coach just had the shittiest support

Graber was able to get Bryan Fortay to transfer from Miami to ‘come home’ but GS can’t do something similar? I’m sure he can ‘develop’ some 3-star with offers from Akron and Buffalo into a franchise. We’re a ‘developmental program’ which is a nice way of saying we can’t recruit the HS or portal talent our peers, such as PSU, can particularly offensive playmakers
Well said.

Reactions: RUaMoose
You are just being contrarian. They were ranked #20 at end of season the year before he came to Rutgers. They came within 6 points of beating the national champion Clemson. They destroyed a Florida State team that finished ranked at #8.

But if it's not your narrative, it's not a narrative?
bolin stunk

Nah, it's clear you want to go with your own narrative. JG's announcement and recruiting was full of all kinds of drama that seemed to rub Rutgers the wrong way.
Wait, you just asked if it had drama . Five minutes later ton are saying it did?

It’s laughable how we are all joking about this.
The impact of Brown’s recruitment is apparently lost on many of you.
A bigger concern is how Syracuse going 9-3 or 10-2 next season will have on the 2025 recruiting classes. And with their schedule it’s very likely.

But yeah it doesn’t impact us.
Go look at their schedule the following year.

I have a feeling the father found a rookie head coach that he believes he can have a lot of sway over. The father is well known to be very active in his sons playing career, to the point where he will interfere with the coaching staff if he feels necessary,
Did a little searching. Did not take much time to find out what a problem the father could be.

The fallout--salty language NSFW alert:

Get your popcorn 🍿 ready LOL, with his entourage and a brand new 1st time head coach this will be a very entertaining farce. Couldn't happen to more deserving tundra.

Because great offensive players don't want to play on Schiano's dull, ball-control offense when they could be on a team with something more exciting. If you were a great WR would you join a team that runs up the middle two out of every three plays and plods downfield?
Plods ? We wish. That means slow progress. The accurate description is ‘runs to run clock and punt.’

I really don’t think we wanted McCord. We have other NIL priorities and his numbers are based on having an all star OL and stud receiver. Think of how Laviano’s numbers changed when he no longer had Caroo. Harrison falls in that category. There aren’t too many receivers out there like that who can hugely transform a QB’s output. McCord is probably better than Gavin but not worth the huge dollar value in NIL that we’re instead going to apply to retaining our players in the trenches.

OMG can ya’ll stop with the Kyle McCord threads. Can ya’ll stop with the Syracuse threads. Ohio State doesn’t even give a flying shit he left and ya’ll continue harp on a kid who never played for you. Doesn’t want to compete at the highest level. He ended up at Syracuse. PERIOD‼️ Please have some common sense and realize the kid doesn’t want expectations placed on him. He just to go somewhere to pad stats, collect a ridiculous NIL deal and head to the NFL. The family does not care about winning. Your coach told you that in his presser. Jesus‼️

I really don’t think we wanted McCord. We have other NIL priorities and his numbers are based on having an all star OL and stud receiver. Think of how Laviano’s numbers changed when he no longer had Caroo. Harrison falls in that category. There aren’t too many receivers out there like that who can hugely transform a QB’s output. McCord is probably better than Gavin but not worth the huge dollar value in NIL that we’re instead going to apply to retaining our players in the trenches.
That's an interesting point. Perhaps Laviano's drop in performance was alsodue to the brand new OC who was not ready for prime time and the installation of a new offense.

But to your point, Laviano's #1 receiver through the Iowa game was Janarion Grant. After Grant got injured, all he had was Jawuan Harris and Andre Patton, who were decent receivers, but not at the same level as Carroo and Grant.

Total receiving yards for Rutgers in 2016 (that includes all the QBs) was 1,659, with Harris and Patton having 48 and 460.
In 2016, total receiving yards was 2,485 yards, with Carroo, Patton and Grant at 809, 432, 352, and Agudosi at 313.
Patton and Agudosi went as UDFAs to San Diego and Arizona. Agudosi is (or was this year) in the CFL. Grant is still in the CFL.

SIAP. I didn't see any other Syracuse threads. This, along with the WR from Georgia is huge and shows just what a superior recruiter Fran is. Blows Greg away. Why can't Greg import talent like this ? Oh, we're a "developmental program" with no NIL resources like I'm sure Cuse is just swimming in NIL revenue...lol.
I didn't go through all the responses to you.
Fran is a very good recruiter, one of the best. The understanding is that his hiring also came with a nice war chest of NIL. He made some good flips with his NIL - McCord- will be interesting if he is better than what they had previously in Shrader. The Wr's are good pickups and the NJ RB could be good but as much as to many fans like to say- he was not a take for us- in this case...true- kid visited us 10 times without an offer.
Cuse already has a stud RB anyway.

As for Rutgers- You may not have noticed but current 2024 rankings has us at 34 and Cuse at 49
NIL- seems like Greg got some to spend this year as well and he has been using it to "keep" our top players-
KM/Bailey/Lewis/Powell/Dixon/Toure/ to name a few- I am sure I missed a couple.

The WR we just brought in is also a huge transfer- his P5 offers were substantive.

We are using te NIL to keep proven players- that is not a bad way to go if we can keep classes in the 30's

Reactions: RUaMoose
OMG can ya’ll stop with the Kyle McCord threads. Can ya’ll stop with the Syracuse threads. Ohio State doesn’t even give a flying shit he left and ya’ll continue harp on a kid who never played for you. Doesn’t want to compete at the highest level. He ended up at Syracuse. PERIOD‼️ Please have some common sense and realize the kid doesn’t want expectations placed on him. He just to go somewhere to pad stats, collect a ridiculous NIL deal and head to the NFL. The family does not care about winning. Your coach told you that in his presser. Jesus‼️
I am not sure McCord is any better then the kid they have had for the past couple years. Not really an upgrade

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT