ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current data disagrees with your comment about the UK. As of this morning, the Johns Hopkins data shows that the UK is far behind the USA in fully vaccinated citizens. UK is at 2.42% of their population fully vaccinated, vs 11.28% for the USA. The UK is even behind the overall European Union peformance.. The EU fully vaccinated number is 2.97%. The USA currently leads the world with 36.9 Million Fully vaccinated people, while the rest of the world combined is just 48.6M. It continues to amaze me how much better we are doing than the rest of the world.
I’m probably wrong. I don’t pretend to know whose data is right nowadays, lol.

But from this article, looks lIke at least 24M got their first shot. So about a 1/3 of the UK is on their way. Assume worst case that these are all AZ shots, where there is 3 months between, that may be a reason for the lag behind the US for fully vaxed. But it’s not like they are not rolling out. In a few months, these people will get their second shot. If true, and they keep up that velocity, I’d say the UK is doing a pretty good job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

Reactions: Greg2020
Anyone else starting to think the largely bizarre suspension of the AZ vaccine (non-profit) is due to lobbying of the for-profit vaccine cohort of pharmas? The Italian head of medicine is publicly suggesting this is the case in the EU. On top of this you have Pfizer execs stating that prices will increase significantly when the pandemic moves to epidemic stage.

Anyone else starting to think the largely bizarre suspension of the AZ vaccine (non-profit) is due to lobbying of the for-profit vaccine cohort of pharmas? The Italian head of medicine is publicly suggesting this is the case in the EU. On top of this you have Pfizer execs stating that prices will increase significantly when the pandemic moves to epidemic stage.
If history has shown anything, it’s that with money and power, anything is possible.

Plus this:

Morning vent:
And so it begins... my darling 16yr old finally went back in person 1 or 2 days depending on week(lmao) I get a call 40minutes later stating she was exposed to someone Friday night who has symptoms and I need to get her ASAP..like right now!
Me- Relax.. She had Covid in December. Can I have a minute to brush my teeth?
Nurse-(Frantic) Hmm.. Oh wow. Okay.. Sorry, this is new to me. I've never had a situation like this.
Sidenote: My daughter said the principal came into Culinary and said "Is this her?" Never explaining why she was leaving.
Poor kid had no clue what was happening until she met with her father(I made him go) & he explained it to her. Her friend never told her she had symptoms and was going for a test either. Smh...
Outcome= Take kid for test in a few days and mandatory 2 week quarantine either way.
If she tests postive then everyone she made contact with today in school will need to be tested and quarantine.
This is the group that went to the Sweet 16, but didn't get the Rona.
I highly doubt she will test positive again, right?
🙄 I need to go hug a tree lol
National pyramid game..

Vaccinations without prohibiting interstate travel inevitably must fail,even if the rest of the states have similar programs as the Rio Granders are being sent everywhere by bus.

"Go Greyhound.And leave the COVID to us."

President says everyone should be able to watch fireworks together for the 4th. By May 1st all should be able to get the vaccine.
No he said small groups will be able to gather within their own family if we behave until then.

that’s what he actually said though.
God help us if we inject kids for CV.

🙏
NEVER happening to mine.

Do you mean endemic stage?
I have a major problem if teenagers and younger kids will be encouraged or forced to take a covid vaccine in order to live their lives freely.
Now substitute "kids and teens" with "people" and you've got it right!

No he said small groups will be able to gather within their own family if we behave until then.

that’s what he actually said though.

NEVER happening to mine.
No he said family and friends. And in public.. This is the quote.

“If we do this together, by July the 4th, there's a good chance you, your family, and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or park and celebrate Independence Day.”

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

“If we do this together, by July the 4th, there's a good chance you, your family, and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or park and celebrate Independence Day.”
I didn’t realize he said the park... still don’t get it though because I went to a barbecue 8 months ago on the 4th of July. A lot of people did

I didn’t realize he said the park... still don’t get it though because I went to a barbecue 8 months ago on the 4th of July. A lot of people did
I was at Monmouth Race Track last 4th. No coolers allowed but they weren't counting people at all. I was with my older brother, a couple of long time friends plus a ton of the Oceanport gang I've known for over 30 years.

Reactions: Spare130

How many parks does he think we have in this country? Can we really fit every person, their families and their friends? That adds up to 500x the total population. Can that many people all fit in our parks?

Science.

Reactions: bac2therac
How many parks does he think we have in this country? Can we really fit every person, their families and their friends? That adds up to 500x the total population. Can that many people all fit in our parks?

Science.
Your sarcasm response falls way under the low intelligence level. He did include backyards so your reading comprehensive has issue too. But thanks for playing.

God help us if we inject kids for CV.

🙏
What forkin parents would allow their kids to be test cases? I got a 5 month old Grandson and a 3.5 year old Granddaughter. They don't have a clue as to how strong a dose they can handle or would work to give them a success. I would bet it will be done in poor areas with a $hit load of money thrown their way.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
how is it different from being encouraged or required to take other vaccines?

My kids will have a minimal response to this virus if they catch it. I will not 100% trust the vaccine until I know there are no long term affects of it. I voluntarily took the vaccine yesterday because I was given the opportunity because of my job and because I have high blood pressure. If I didn't have high blood pressure I wouldn't have taken the vaccine.

My kids will have a minimal response to this virus if they catch it. I will not 100% trust the vaccine until I know there are no long term affects of it. I voluntarily took the vaccine yesterday because I was given the opportunity because of my job and because I have high blood pressure. If I didn't have high blood pressure I wouldn't have taken the vaccine.
My wife's coworker was hospitalized and his entire family of 6 has covid - 4 symptomatic. They're pretty sure that the youngest caught it at daycare. It ain't about just the kids being sick.

Your sarcasm response falls way under the low intelligence level. He did include backyards so your reading comprehensive has issue too. But thanks for playing.
One day you like to joke and agree with me the next you get all whiny and bitchy. Try Motrin.

Why are you guys debating this? "Because he's the president" shouldn't be the answer. The president has no authority over how you gather, there's no national guard or US marshals or FEMA agents patrolling. Just ignore him and get on with your lives as you see fit.

Yeah people were out all summer and people are out again now. Hoping we keep the numbers down. Global cases are trending up. Ours are still trending down but flattening a little bit.

Why are you guys debating this? "Because he's the president" shouldn't be the answer. The president has no authority over how you gather, there's no national guard or US marshals or FEMA agents patrolling. Just ignore him and get on with your lives as you see fit.
I don’t listen to the President or any of our politicians. I’m in agreement with you 100%.

My wife's coworker was hospitalized and his entire family of 6 has covid - 4 symptomatic. They're pretty sure that the youngest caught it at daycare. It ain't about just the kids being sick.
Hope the coworker gets well quick. I know of only one person who had this pretty bad and is still recovering. Others know many who got really sick or have died. It’s a fickle disease and it’s not pretty for some. For the vast majority of us it’s not bad at all. That’s why I’m on the side of getting vaccinated but also have been on the side of living our lives this past year and keeping our elderly safe.

Science.
193,000,000 acres in the National Forest system. 330,000,000 people. Everyone gets their own .58 acre. Or each family of four can enjoy their Independence Day picnic on over two acres!!!!! Of course you can add in the National Parks, Bureau of Land Management lands, etc. etc.

• Haha
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
So yes, I'm not getting the vaccine until there's more data or better vaccines. My Mom wants it, and my 2 younger brothers and sister want her to get it. Guess who was the only one that did the leg work for her? Her appointment is Monday, the 22nd, at Bayshore Hospital in Holmdel. Hope all goes well for her. She asked my opinion, I told her at this point in time I'm not getting it, but if she wants it, I'll get her on the list. Used my cell and e-mail. They are using Moderna. This women is 88, strong as an ox, and never sick.

Reactions: RUDead
5 new people I know in Somerset County now have it. There's a pretty big outbreak under way here, rumor is that Bridgewater and Bound Brook look to be going all virtual to the end of the year. County cases are WAY underreported right now, probably pulling in around 200+ cases a day, I'm not sure why the county reporting is so low.

So yes, I'm not getting the vaccine until there's more data or better vaccines. My Mom wants it, and my 2 younger brothers and sister want her to get it. Guess who was the only one that did the leg work for her? Her appointment is Monday, the 22nd, at Bayshore Hospital in Holmdel. Hope all goes well for her. She asked my opinion, I told her at this point in time I'm not getting it, but if she wants it, I'll get her on the list. Used my cell and e-mail. They are using Moderna. This women is 88, strong as an ox, and never sick.

My mom is 88 and had both. My dad gets his second today

i thought he said we are all vaccinated by May. so why are we not getting together until July? he can suck my di ck if he thinks he is going to tell me who i can hang out with and when.

It just seems like typical European politics to me. The French told the EU they would have a vaccine in record time but have failed miserably. The EU held off working with anyone outside of the EU based on those assurances, now they are way behind so rather than admit their mistakes they do what they always do, blame the brits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT