ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big changes in PA. Restrictions being reduced. Sitting at a bar allowed. But the biggie 50% capacity at outdoor venus! Starting April 4th. No Green Pass needed on any of the changes. So all of you freaking out about attendance at Rutgers 🏈. Relax!

Uh, is Piscataway in PA?

Italy going red again under new lockdown orders. Stopped AstraZeneca because two men in their 40's to 60's died after taking the vaccine. (I'm not implying it was the cause, just reporting the news from my parents)

A number of European nations look to be heading back to lockdown including:

-Italy
-Greece
-Poland
-Netherlands (never left lockdown, going on 6 months straight)
-Czech Republic
-Turkey
-Hungary

Some of these countries are really start to fracture socially and economically. If I had to bet, the Czech Republic will be the first nation to experience a full blown revolution as a direct result of the pandemic. The Netherlands is also really starting to get dicey. 6 months of lockdown and nothing to show for it (never met reopening parameters)

A number of European nations look to be heading back to lockdown including:

-Italy
-Greece
-Poland
-Netherlands (never left lockdown, going on 6 months straight)
-Czech Republic
-Turkey
-Hungary

Some of these countries are really start to fracture socially and economically. If I had to bet, the Czech Republic will be the first nation to experience a full blown revolution as a direct result of the pandemic.
i'd bet you were wrong on that part. the netherlands is already way further down that path.

i'd bet you were wrong on that part. the netherlands is already way further down that path.

My best friend lives right in the center of Amsterdam on the canals. He's been in a lockdown even more severe than what we had here in NJ back in March-April 2020 since October. He's about to lose his mind, he threw in his towel once they announced they likely wouldn't begin vaccinations for his age group until July at the earliest. He's looking to move back to the US in the next month or two.

They have protests and riots of varying intensity nearly every day now within the city. Dutch government censors social media from reporting on much of it.

Uh, is Piscataway in PA?
PA has had tougher restrictions than NJ. Wake up. Positive rates are at an all time low. No one is requiring a Green Pass, showing you got your full vaccination. There is no way NJ stays with the current restrictions as their numbers are better than PA.

Last edited:
PA has had tougher restrictions than NJ. Wake up. Positive rates are at an all time low. No one is requiring a Green Pass, showing you got your full vaccination. There is no way NJ stays with the current restrictions as their numbers are better than PA.

Our numbers are a good deal worse right now than PA. Per worldometers:

SDMA cases
NJ: 3,631 and trending up
PA: 2,500 and steady

SDMA Deaths
NJ: 48 and steady
PA: 31 and dropping

PA also has almost 3 million more people than NJ.

Our numbers are a good deal worse right now than PA. Per worldometers:

SDMA
NJ: 3,631 and trending up
PA: 2,500 and steady

SDMA Deaths
NJ: 48 and steady
PA: 31 and dropping

PA also has almost 3 million more people than NJ.
Dont the NJ numbers include old data? I have no idea why they are doing that.

UConn Womens BB coach Geno Auriemma tests positive after receiving his second vaccination shot on March 10. He will miss the first 2 rounds. Stay home Mask up. Don't travel. Listen to Faucci. Science.

Reactions: bac2therac
First shot down. Went to the Meadowlands. Very well designed. National Guard were there and very helpful. Knock on wood other than my arm feeling like I was punch by Tyson I feel good. Tired, but still catching up on that hour lost of sleep so I am thinking it is more that then the shot.

My best friend lives right in the center of Amsterdam on the canals. He's been in a lockdown even more severe than what we had here in NJ back in March-April 2020 since October. He's about to lose his mind, he threw in his towel once they announced they likely wouldn't begin vaccinations for his age group until July at the earliest. He's looking to move back to the US in the next month or two.

They have protests and riots of varying intensity nearly every day now within the city. Dutch government censors social media from reporting on much of it.
😐<- my shocked face...

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
UConn Womens BB coach Geno Auriemma tests positive after receiving his second vaccination shot on March 10. He will miss the first 2 rounds. Stay home Mask up. Don't travel. Listen to Faucci. Science.
Would that be 6' or 3' apart now? 😁 Also, were the same protocols used for AstraZeneca as all the other vaccines to achieve Emergency Use? Now suspended in 19 countries. Asking for a friend.

Got the first shot in AC today. Arm feels good.
Wait till morning. There are no side effects for hours. A week and a couple of days I had a big reaction on my arm. A large welt, not painful but noticeable now going on for 3 days

The state website does a breakdown of the demographics of the vaccine takers.One item cracked me up.

Under gender,it lists Male,Female,and Other.

For the record,it was 57 per cent Female,43 per cent Male,with Other bringing up the rear at 0 per cent.

The typical vaccine taker was a White Female between 65 and 79 years old.That will change by the summer,but most interesting is the low percentages of Black and Hispanic takers with 4 and 6 per cent respectively.That will have to change by the summer if real progress is to be made.If not,there's no way that Murphy will allow us inside of the stadium in September.We'll be doing a Little Anthony,on the outside looking in.

Wait till morning. There are no side effects for hours. A week and a couple of days I had a big reaction on my arm. A large welt, not painful but noticeable now going on for 3 days
I saw some discussion about this on twitter a week or so ago. Some number of people (don't have any idea how common this is) develop red/swollen/bruised areas mainly on the vaccinated arm, often days or a week or more after the shot. It could grow for a while and then persist for days or weeks if I recall correctly. I can't recall the details but I think it eventually did diminish/disappear. The second shot generally did not provoke the same level of reaction as far as I can remember.

If I come across the info on twitter again I'll post it here if you're interested.

Dont the NJ numbers include old data? I have no idea why they are doing that.

The NJ daily numbers are simply "new records", not "cases in the last 24 hours". It's always been this way, there are always cases from months prior included in the daily reports. I think this has to do with logging deaths from prior months but I could be mistaken.

Regardless, the data has been consistently reported from the beginning so even if there is old data in the daily case releases you can use it as a proxy.

The NJ daily numbers are simply "new records", not "cases in the last 24 hours". It's always been this way, there are always cases from months prior included in the daily reports. I think this has to do with logging deaths from prior months but I could be mistaken.

Regardless, the data has been consistently reported from the beginning so even if there is old data in the daily case releases you can use it as a proxy.
Yes I've always known it has been that way, which is and has been a problem. Decisions are made on restrictions off those numbers but they do not accurately give you the actual conditions. They do not give you an actual trend. The accumulation of total cases is irrelevant and misleading. The current positivity rate tells you a lot more. "Current" death rates tied back into the positivity rate tells a lot as well. At times they talk about cases spiking or leveling off when that is not the case at all. That people accept this method is mind numbing. Plus why are there no adjustments for false positives?

Reactions: toby83
I see a new form of segregation that will happen with a vaccine card. Those who don't have the vaccine will have to sit in this corner to avoid people who don't want to associate with with non vaccinators.

I see a new form of segregation that will happen with a vaccine card. Those who don't have the vaccine will have to sit in this corner to avoid people who don't want to associate with with non vaccinators.

When I'm fully vaccinated, I couldn't care less if the person next to me isn't vaccinated. And neither should concert or sporting arenas care if people coming to their events are vaccinated or not. Once everyone has had the opportunity to get vaccinated, open everything up. Those who choose not to get vaccinated accept the risk.

From the news it's on the table for NJ Gov Murphy and NJ Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli.
I heard yesterday on 101.5 that she said she won't support one until there is more evidence as to how long the vaccine lasts... SMH. So I guess she'll hold off a year to see if it is still effective and of course no longer needed. OR hopefully she is over-ride by the Gov?

The US is doing WAY better than any EU country. Not sure why you would characterize their rollout as similar to ours. The US rollout has been much more successful. The US has approx 11% of our citizens fully vaccinated already, and most EU countries are only in the 2% - 3% range. The US has approximately half of the whole world's fully vaccinated people at this point. We are, by far, leading all the worlds large countries in getting our citizenry vaccinated.

EDIT: A little further checking of today’s data shows that of countries larger than 10 Million population (approx. size of Illinois or PA) only two other countries in the world (Chile - 9.5% and Poland - 4.2%), have vaccinated more than 4% of their population. And the EU as a whole has only fully vaccinated 2.89% of their population. US is currently at 11.06% fully vaccinated. Pretty impressive for a country of 330 Million residents.
Exactly. These countries are really botching the rollout. Since Britain roll out has been great, it’s being characterized (probably wrongly) as Brexit vs non-brexit. Shamefully, the leaders on the continent are not making it easy on themselves. And by pointing to the vaccine, most likely over fears of their political futures rather than the vaccine safety, it just makes the situation worse. Get your crap together, get these people the damn shots.

ADDED: Just saw your note re: US vs EU. I think the UK is doing marginally better than us. Plus, we had some minor bumps in the beginning, but have really picked it up. I agree, not close to what the continental EU is doing right now. My own personal opinion that getting vaccine shots should not be like getting concert tix (my wife is getting used to clicking refresh @5am in the morning) notwithstanding - it has been working for us (the US). Maybe this is where the pushy, never say no, American attitude really benefits us. When it’s our asses on the line, we don’t wait, we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
(Kinda) This for me. Got the shot yesterday at 9:30am and felt just fine up till 4pm. Then a fairly decent amount of stiffness and malaise came over me like a low grade flu. No fever, but the pain in the arm and neck was pretty good.
Popped two Tylenol then went to bed at 8. Pretty much slept thru the night. Now 9am and I'm back to feeling pretty good.

I made this hat to wear while out in the coming weeks. No, not to replace the mask where required.

0310211858-1.jpg

Last edited:
😂
From the news it's on the table for NJ Gov Murphy and NJ Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli.
I doubt any single state will go out on there own and develop a Green Pass. The state can't do DMV right. How are they going to this quickly and efficiently? They could try and everyone will get their card in the summer. Of 2023

If and when you have to show "your papers" as proof to go into a movie theater or restaurant then- - , oh crap, can't go there, political 😁

Here are a couple of links to information about the large local reactions they are sometimes seeing in the vaccines (moderna mostly it seems):

Reactions: Greg2020
Exactly. These countries are really botching the rollout. Since Britain roll out has been great, it’s being characterized (probably wrongly) as Brexit vs non-brexit. Shamefully, the leaders on the continent are not making it easy on themselves. And by pointing to the vaccine, most likely over fears of their political futures rather than the vaccine safety, it just makes the situation worse. Get your crap together, get these people the damn shots.

ADDED: Just saw your note re: US vs EU. I think the UK is doing marginally better than us. Plus, we had some minor bumps in the beginning, but have really picked it up. I agree, not close to what the continental EU is doing right now. My own personal opinion that getting vaccine shots should not be like getting concert tix (my wife is getting used to clicking refresh @5am in the morning) notwithstanding - it has been working for us (the US). Maybe this is where the pushy, never say no, American attitude really benefits us. When it’s our asses on the line, we don’t wait, we do.

The current data disagrees with your comment about the UK. As of this morning, the Johns Hopkins data shows that the UK is far behind the USA in fully vaccinated citizens. UK is at 2.42% of their population fully vaccinated, vs 11.28% for the USA. The UK is even behind the overall European Union peformance.. The EU fully vaccinated number is 2.97%. The USA currently leads the world with 36.9 Million Fully vaccinated people, while the rest of the world combined is just 48.6M. It continues to amaze me how much better we are doing than the rest of the world.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Morning vent:
And so it begins... my darling 16yr old finally went back in person 1 or 2 days depending on week(lmao) I get a call 40minutes later stating she was exposed to someone Friday night who has symptoms and I need to get her ASAP..like right now!
Me- Relax.. She had Covid in December. Can I have a minute to brush my teeth?
Nurse-(Frantic) Hmm.. Oh wow. Okay.. Sorry, this is new to me. I've never had a situation like this.
Sidenote: My daughter said the principal came into Culinary and said "Is this her?" Never explaining why she was leaving.
Poor kid had no clue what was happening until she met with her father(I made him go) & he explained it to her. Her friend never told her she had symptoms and was going for a test either. Smh...
Outcome= Take kid for test in a few days and mandatory 2 week quarantine either way.
If she tests postive then everyone she made contact with today in school will need to be tested and quarantine.
This is the group that went to the Sweet 16, but didn't get the Rona.
I highly doubt she will test positive again, right?
🙄 I need to go hug a tree lol

My junior and freshmen are now all virtual. They play baseball and with practice starting in 2 weeks they aren't going to risk being quarantined for 2 weeks if one of their classmates gets it.

Kurt S from news12 did a twitter poll a month ago asking people how they would want positives to be reported and 94% said "clarify new vs. recent"

I tagged the governor's comms director but no reaction.
lol kurt s is a fool, i have corrected him multiple times and he even admitted I was right

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT