ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Didn't you have all those guys last year?? How did that work out? Your last great team was 2007 and let me say the Mets were relevant. At least to the epic collapse. I know you like to talk about epic.
Yep- had all those guys plus an epic meltdown all year by the bullpen. The 2nd half of the season when the bullpen got slightly better( meaning, they didn’t completely sux) I believe the Mets had one of the best records. Seem to recall the Mets and Yankees were both right at the top for 2nd half records.
So, if the bullpen can just not sux and everything else is near equal(btw- Noah had by far his worst year of his career) then we are in very good shape.
And as a fan of any team if the core is made of players like deGrom, Alonso, McNeil, Nimmo, Conforto, Rosario- you really can’t be unhappy...
So yeah, Mets have a very good chance to be good over the next foreseeable future.

No Stanton is.
Very accurate and fair answer,but just like Cespedes, & Thor, I'd consider Stanton to be rentals,players that will come and go. Judge is part of your youth movement and someone earmarked to be a Yankee for a long, if not entire career.I'm thinking these guys that spend the off season in gyms building bodies to look like Adonis aren't flexible. Hope I don't jinx him, as ALL players get hurt,but someone like Alonso will eat himself out of the game before he's a constant DL type player.He's old school looking, trains on beer,pizza and burgers.

Last edited:
Yep- had all those guys plus an epic meltdown all year by the bullpen. The 2nd half of the season when the bullpen got slightly better( meaning, they didn’t completely sux) I believe the Mets had one of the best records. Seem to recall the Mets and Yankees were both right at the top for 2nd half records.
So, if the bullpen can just not sux and everything else is near equal(btw- Noah had by far his worst year of his career) then we are in very good shape.
And as a fan of any team if the core is made of players like deGrom, Alonso, McNeil, Nimmo, Conforto, Rosario- you really can’t be unhappy...
So yeah, Mets have a very good chance to be good over the next foreseeable future.
Please don't predict multiple Championships in a 5 year period,as one of the 3 Amigos did, as they start Year 4 of that span,lol.

Very accurate and fair answer,but just like Cespedes, & Thor, I'd consider Stanton to be rentals,players that will come and go. Judge is part of your youth movement and someone earmarked to be a Yankee for a long, if not entire career.I'm thinking these guys that spend the off season in gyms building bodies to look like Adonis aren't flexible. Hope I don't jinx him, as ALL players get hurt,but someone like Alonso will eat himself out of the game before he's a constant DL type player.He's old school looking, trains on beer,pizza and burgers.
Maybe you included Noah because of the body builder look but I have a feeling Mets lock him up for at least another 5 years. Which would make him more than a rental.

Please don't predict multiple Championships in a 5 year period,as one of the 3 Amigos did, as they start Year 4 of that span,lol.
Not going to say championships but they should be competitive for the playoffs for quite a while unless BVW f-s it up

Unfortunately Staton is not a rental. He is under contract until 2028. The longest contract of the NY Yankees along with Cole. He has a no trade clause and nobody wants him anyway.

If healthy- here are also my realistic numbers I would like to see from each spot.

My lineup as of now
Nimmo .400+ OBP 100 R 20 HR
McNeil .310+ BA 100 + R 20+ HR 75 RBI
Davis/Cespedes 290 + BA 30HR 100+ RBI
Alonso 35-45 HR 100+ RBI
Conforto 35 HR 90-100 RBI
Ramos .270 BA 12-15 HR 70+ RBI
Rosario .285+ BA 15+ HR 20+ SB
Cano .270 BA 12-18 HR
Like it but my ideal lineup provided Rosario continues to develop would be:

1. Rosario
2. McNeill
3. Alonso
4. Conforto
5. Davis/Ces
6. Cano
7. Ramos
8. Pitcher
9. Nimmo

Don't know if I posted this but if any of you go to St.Lucie ask for Mel. He is an usher .And my much older brother.:WideSmile:And a Yankee fan. He will give your seat and extra swipe with his rag..

Not going to say championships but they should be competitive for the playoffs for quite a while unless BVW f-s it up
Under your Yankees rule doesn't that make them irrelevant??
If any team is playing for a playoff spot in late September than they are relevant. If they make the playoffs it's a fun year even if they don't win it all. Only 1 of 32 can do that.

Under your Yankees rule doesn't that make them irrelevant??
If any team is playing for a playoff spot in late September than they are relevant. If they make the playoffs it's a fun year even if they don't win it all. Only 1 of 32 can do that.
We will be happy making the playoffs, doesn’t make us relevant...lol

Yes it does. Means you have a chance and more importantly eliminating others. NL East should be a wild ride this year.
NL East will be interesting. Could be one of those years a 92 win team doesn’t even make the playoffs
The key to each of the top 4 in the East will be health.

Like it but my ideal lineup provided Rosario continues to develop would be:

1. Rosario
2. McNeill
3. Alonso
4. Conforto
5. Davis/Ces
6. Cano
7. Ramos
8. Pitcher
9. Nimmo

For me, I would put Nimmo leadoff then move everyone on your list down one spot. Lefty righty throughout

For me, I would put Nimmo leadoff then move everyone on your list down one spot. Lefty righty throughout
Would also prefer Nimmo in his natural spot, lead off and Rosario 9th in this case so if the hitter in front of pitcher gets on, pitcher could still bunt them over and have Rosario who swings, be in the RBI spot

The bullpen won't be the reason for missing the post-season this year. We finally will have the 7th-9th innings covered, I believe. Now playing in the NL East, the strongest division in baseball by far, is the real challenge.

The bullpen won't be the reason for missing the post-season this year. We finally will have the 7th-9th innings covered, I believe. Now playing in the NL East, the strongest division in baseball by far, is the real challenge.
Hope you're right

I hope the BP does their job. Our 8/9 guys could not be worst if they tried and even if they were just bad last year vs horrific, we would have made playoffs.
As I look at NL East
Lineup- Met's compare at least equal to everyone. Braves may have a couple of the top guys but when you get into the bottom of their lineup- they drop off a lot.
Defense- Here is our real weak spot but not really sure how to compare but we may be at the bottom
Speed- toward the bottom but what we lack in speed, we seem to be pretty good situational
Starters- Up at top with Nats maybe being a tick better
Middle Relief - hard call but if Lugo/Wilson have years like last year- in good shape compared to NL East
8/9 guys- until proven- we ARE the bottom. But can only go up
Bench - pretty damn solid. Maybe best in NL East Smith/Lowrie/Davis or Cespedes
Management - ummmm nevermind

The bullpen is a monster question mark besides Lugo and lowrie is not going to play with the Mets one AB I bet.

The bullpen is a monster question mark besides Lugo and lowrie is not going to play with the Mets one AB I bet.
Forget Lowrie, since we never really had him and surely don't need another hobbler rounding the bases. Addition by subtraction. The problem will be if Lugo has to close,then all bets are off on my feelings of a stronger pen. I think Diaz, Betances or Familia will emerge as a consistent closer, yes I just said Familia,lol. If Lugo is allowed to handle the setup roll, we could possible have the 6th-9th covered.Imagine how strong and rested the rotation could be if that ever plays out on a consistent bases going into September?

Forget Lowrie, since we never really had him and surely don't need another hobbler rounding the bases. Addition by subtraction. The problem will be if Lugo has to close,then all bets are off on my feelings of a stronger pen. I think Diaz, Betances or Familia will emerge as a consistent closer, yes I just said Familia,lol. If Lugo is allowed to handle the setup roll, we could possible have the 6th-9th covered.Imagine how strong and rested the rotation could be if that ever plays out on a consistent bases going into September?
BVW should be investigated for that Lowrie signing.

No team is without injuries. If there's a problem, Conforto will also prove to be a player who can't stay on the field. Unfortunately,as currently configured,the Mets can't handle many hits like this.

No team is without injuries. If there's a problem, Conforto will also prove to be a player who can't stay on the field. Unfortunately,as currently configured,the Mets can't handle many hits like this.
Conforto has played over 150 games each of the last 2 seasons. He had that really bad injury one year but has been solid outside of that. I think he has been pretty durable

These oblique injuries are not good. Hope I’m wrong but I suspect he ll be out for awhile.

If the baseball season is cancelled, I'm staking my claim.New York Mets 2020
0e1d9751678222968c15a85508541372.jpg

Donovan Mitchell ‘s dad works for Mets and saw his son last week at MSG when Jazz were there. Mitchell the son Has coronavirus

Last edited:
Mets sent my brother home for the season from his critical duties as an usher.My sister in law who works in the ticket department will be refunding them for a while." Refund ?"Refund? "What 70's flick is that from ?

Tommy John surgery for Noah Syndergaard.

Next year is his last before he becomes a FA so zero chance they re-sign him now. Only deGrom to count on in rotation next year.

Last edited:
Only the Mets would have a pitcher tear an elbow in a season that doesnt exist. Maybe this will finally make him move to the bullpen to become the closer instead of him throwing 100 mph for 7-8 innings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT