ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Now-Hurricane Idalia to Hit Florida Big Bend as a Major Hurricane Weds am

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Been talking about this area of concern for a couple of days in the tropical season thread, but now it's nearly certain that this area of disturbed weather with broad low pressure and convection, which is looking more organized, will become TS Idalia in the next few days (90% chance from the NHC), as per every major model, so figured a thread was warranted given the potential US impact. Most of the models show eventual Idalia likely making landfall somewhere from the FL panhandle to the Big Bend area of FL mid/late this coming week (after meandering near the Yucatan Strait for the next day or two), but areas from about Mobile to Tampa need to be watching this storm, as storms that are just forming are notoriously difficult to forecast accurately.

Most of the global/hurricane models show the storm only reaching strong TS status (70 mph or less), but a couple show it becoming a Cat 1 hurricane and given the record warm GOM temps, one has to be concerned that the storm could strengthen more than forecast (shear from an approaching trough is why the models are not showing higher intensity). It's also worth noting that "I" named storms are the most retired storm names in history (the worst storms). Of course, there's always a chance Idalia doesn't form, but that's a low probability. The NHC discussion is below, as well as links to the NHC page, the AmericanWx discussion on this potential storm, and the Tropical Tidbits page with model graphics.

This storm is very unlikely to impact our area. And as a sneak preview, the weather is looking seasonably warm and dry for the NW game (higher confidence than normal 8 days out given the pattern); will start a thread on that tomorrow....

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=7

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/59459-93l/page/3/#comments

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#93L

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Aug 26 2023

1. Northwestern Caribbean Sea and Eastern Gulf of Mexico (AL93):
Shower and thunderstorm activity continues to show signs of
organization in association with an area of low pressure located
near the Yucatan Channel. Environmental conditions appear conducive
for further development of this system, and a tropical depression is
likely to form within the next day or two while it moves generally
northward over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico. Interests in the
Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, western Cuba, and Florida should
monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.

Last edited:
Been talking about this area of concern for a couple of days in the tropical season thread, but now it's nearly certain that this area of disturbed weather with broad low pressure and convection, which is looking more organized, will become TS Idalia in the next few days (90% chance from the NHC), as per every major model, so figured a thread was warranted given the potential US impact. Most of the models show eventual Idalia likely making landfall somewhere from the FL panhandle to the Big Bend area of FL mid/late this coming week (after meandering near the Yucatan Strait for the next day or two), but areas from about Mobile to Tampa need to be watching this storm, as storms that are just forming are notoriously difficult to forecast accurately.

Most of the global/hurricane models show the storm only reaching strong TS status (70 mph or less), but a couple show it becoming a Cat 1 hurricane and given the record warm GOM temps, one has to be concerned that the storm could strengthen more than forecast (shear from an approaching trough is why the models are not showing higher intensity). It's also worth noting that "I" named storms are the most retired storm names in history (the worst storms). Of course, there's always a chance Idalia doesn't form, but that's a low probability. The NHC discussion is below, as well as links to the NHC page, the AmericanWx discussion on this potential storm, and the Tropical Tidbits page with model graphics.

This storm is very unlikely to impact our area. And as a sneak preview, the weather is looking seasonably warm and dry for the NW game (higher confidence than normal 8 days out given the pattern); will start a thread on that tomorrow....

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=7

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/59459-93l/page/3/#comments

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#93L

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Aug 26 2023

1. Northwestern Caribbean Sea and Eastern Gulf of Mexico (AL93):
Shower and thunderstorm activity continues to show signs of
organization in association with an area of low pressure located
near the Yucatan Channel. Environmental conditions appear conducive
for further development of this system, and a tropical depression is
likely to form within the next day or two while it moves generally
northward over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico. Interests in the
Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, western Cuba, and Florida should
monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.

I already started the thread earlier this morning so....

As expected, this system has become more organized and was deemed a tropical depression this afternoon and is expected to become tropical storm Idalia sometime Sunday. More worrisome is that it's looking like the more bullish models are looking like they were probably correct, as the NHC forecast is now calling for Idalia to become a Cat 1 hurricane before landfall on the Florida Gulf Coast, somewhere between about Panama City and Tampa early Wednesday. And even more worrisome is the very warm waters the storm will traverse on its path towards Florida, as well as the forecast relaxing wind shear, both of which are potential ingredients for strengthening beyond Cat 1, as a few models have shown.

Also, keep in mind that if the storm track is somewhat closer to the FL coast than shown below, large areas of the coast, including Tampa/St. Pete, could be in for significant storm surge, even if the storm misses them by 20-50 miles to the west (kind of like how Naples/Marco Island were hammered by storm surge, even though the storm came ashore near Ft. Myers, well to the north). Having said all that, the uncertainty on track and intensity are very high, but hopefully, we'll get much better storm structure data tomorrow, when recon flights are sent into the storm and the data then ingested into the models, producing more accurate projections. One thing that's fairly high confidence is that this storm will be shunted to the east by a major approaching trough once the storm reaches the Carolinas and should not pose much of a threat to our area at all late next week.

Y5aTrga.png

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT 27/0300Z 21.1N 86.4W 30 KT 35 MPH
12H 27/1200Z 20.9N 86.4W 35 KT 40 MPH
24H 28/0000Z 20.9N 86.2W 40 KT 45 MPH
36H 28/1200Z 21.6N 85.9W 45 KT 50 MPH
48H 29/0000Z 23.1N 85.7W 55 KT 65 MPH
60H 29/1200Z 25.0N 85.5W 65 KT 75 MPH
72H 30/0000Z 27.5N 84.8W 70 KT 80 MPH
96H 31/0000Z 32.7N 81.5W 45 KT 50 MPH...INLAND
120H 01/0000Z 35.2N 76.7W 35 KT 40 MPH...INLAND

We officially have Tropical Storm Idalia, as per below. The system is still a bit of a disorganized mess with the convection mostly east of the low pressure center, due to shear. However, the storm is still predicted to get its act together and become a strong Cat 1 hurricane before landfall on Wednesday somewhere between Tampa and Panama City. The real fear is rapid intensification as the storm travels over near record warm waters and as shear decreases - a Cat 2/3 storm is a real possibility.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?start#contents

Tropical Storm Idalia Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL102023
1015 AM CDT Sun Aug 27 2023

...DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS TO A TROPICAL STORM...

Observations from a NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate that
Tropical Depression Ten has strengthened into Tropical Storm Idalia.
The maximum winds are estimated to be 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher
gusts.

SUMMARY OF 1015 AM CDT...1515 UTC...INFORMATION
---------------------------------------------------
LOCATION...19.9N 85.8W
ABOUT 80 MI...135 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...E OR 90 DEGREES AT 2 MPH...4 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...996 MB...29.41 INCHES

We officially have Tropical Storm Idalia, as per below. The system is still a bit of a disorganized mess with the convection mostly east of the low pressure center, due to shear. However, the storm is still predicted to get its act together and become a strong Cat 1 hurricane before landfall on Wednesday somewhere between Tampa and Panama City. The real fear is rapid intensification as the storm travels over near record warm waters and as shear decreases - a Cat 2/3 storm is a real possibility.

Tropical Storm Idalia Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL102023
1015 AM CDT Sun Aug 27 2023

...DEPRESSION STRENGTHENS TO A TROPICAL STORM...

Observations from a NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate that
Tropical Depression Ten has strengthened into Tropical Storm Idalia.
The maximum winds are estimated to be 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher
gusts.

SUMMARY OF 1015 AM CDT...1515 UTC...INFORMATION
---------------------------------------------------
LOCATION...19.9N 85.8W
ABOUT 80 MI...135 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...E OR 90 DEGREES AT 2 MPH...4 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...996 MB...29.41 INCHES
Well, the fears of a more powerful hurricane, possibly strengthening as it makes landfall on the FL Gulf Coast, probably along the Big Bend area (but Tampa to Panama City are still in the cone) are starting to look likely, as the NHC forecast is now for Idalia to reach Cat 2 strength before landfall Weds morning with ~100 mph winds. And with the near record water temps in its path and likely low shear, a major hurricane is not out of the question.

Also, even if the storm doesn't hit Tampa it now looks like it'll be close enough to Tampa to possibly produce significant storm surge on its stronger NE side, while the surge could be 7-11' a bit north of there, closer to landfall, which would be major to catastrophic in some locations. Of course, rainfall will be major (widespread 4-8" amounts up through the Carolinas) and there will be the risk of tornadoes, typically to the NE of the track. I worry that people aren't taking this seriously yet.

No impact on our area expected. By tbe way, Hurricane Franklin (100 mph winds now) is forecast to become a major hurricane soon and might even reach Cat 4 status (130+ mph winds). Fortunately, the storm, after making a close call near Bermuda, will head NE and out into the north Atlantic, now likely missing the Canadian Maritimes.

hxDPEnG.png

INIT 27/2100Z 20.1N 85.5W 35 KT 40 MPH
12H 28/0600Z 20.5N 85.3W 45 KT 50 MPH
24H 28/1800Z 21.7N 85.0W 55 KT 65 MPH
36H 29/0600Z 23.4N 84.9W 65 KT 75 MPH
48H 29/1800Z 25.6N 84.5W 75 KT 85 MPH
60H 30/0600Z 28.7N 83.7W 85 KT 100 MPH
72H 30/1800Z 31.3N 81.9W 50 KT 60 MPH...INLAND
96H 31/1800Z 34.5N 76.0W 50 KT 60 MPH...OVER WATER
120H 01/1800Z 35.0N 71.0W 55 KT 65 MPH

RfRrcew.png

nffT8JQ.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDiddy777
The NHC has upped the forecast for Tropical Storm Idalia (60 mph winds now) again, now expecting the storm to reach strong Cat 2 strength before landfall Weds morning with ~110 mph winds. And with the near record water temps in its path and likely low shear, a major hurricane is very possible, as Cat 3 is 111-129 mph and a Cat 4 is now not even out of the question. And if the storm is strengthening while making landfall, this could bring catastrophic winds and storm surge, as well as torrential rains and scattered tornadoes. I just don't think people are ready for this one yet.

Yikes Rapid intensification possible. Think FSU plays LSU on Saturday night so game should not be impacted

Most importantly hope everyone is safe in southeast and where storm travels.

Yikes Rapid intensification possible. Think FSU plays LSU on Saturday night so game should not be impacted

Most importantly hope everyone is safe in southeast and where storm travels.
They play Sunday night at 7:30
I'm scheduled to fly down early Saturday morning, hoping no delays and everyone stays safe

Latest update has Idalia becoming a major hurricane (115 mph) and plenty of models show it becoming a Cat 4 hurricane with 130+ mph winds before landfall and plenty of pros on weather boards and elsewhere thinking that's very possible if not likely. That would bring catastrophic impacts to the Big Bend area where landfall is most likely and possibly to areas NE of the track (the strong side), especially with regard to storm surge - and this includes Tampa. The storm will likely still even be a hurricane when it reaches Jacksonville, so interior FL from landfall to there is going to get rocked and impacts could even be substantial for areas of SE GA/SC/NC before the storm exits to the east.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Latest update has Idalia becoming a major hurricane (115 mph) and plenty of models show it becoming a Cat 4 hurricane with 130+ mph winds before landfall and plenty of pros on weather boards and elsewhere thinking that's very possible if not likely. That would bring catastrophic impacts to the Big Bend area where landfall is most likely and possibly to areas NE of the track (the strong side), especially with regard to storm surge - and this includes Tampa. The storm will likely still even be a hurricane when it reaches Jacksonville, so interior FL from landfall to there is going to get rocked and impacts could even be substantial for areas of SE GA/SC/NC before the storm exits to the east.
Flight down to MCO early Saturday in jeopardy? If so Sunday’s game also I’d presume

Have to think UCF game on Thursday gets pushed back

Flight down to MCO early Saturday in jeopardy? If so Sunday’s game also I’d presume

Have to think UCF game on Thursday gets pushed back
Zero risk to anything from Friday onwards as the storm will be well out to sea by then. UCF Thursday night should also be fine.

Numbers needs his attention fix.
TK.. are you the guy who used to post weather threads when RU#s decided it should be his thing? I recall at least three people being involved in seemingly taking turns starting weather threads, mocking/defending eachothers choice of sources and timing.. when to be the one to start a thread. And even competing weather threads.

These days RU#s seems to prefer to paint the picture that he started them, invented them and that anyone who tries to beat him to the punch is being childish and doesn't understand.. _____ .. you fill in the blank.

Just find it odd that many years later it is down to two players.. but the crap is still going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Zero risk to anything from Friday onwards as the storm will be well out to sea by then. UCF Thursday night should also be fine.

Might be dealing with significant flooding and storm damage if this storm keeps intensifying. At this point, I’m assuming cat 5.

TK.. are you the guy who used to post weather threads when RU#s decided it should be his thing? I recall at least three people being involved in seemingly taking turns starting weather threads, mocking/defending eachothers choice of sources and timing.. when to be the one to start a thread. And even competing weather threads.

These days RU#s seems to prefer to paint the picture that he started them, invented them and that anyone who tries to beat him to the punch is being childish and doesn't understand.. _____ .. you fill in the blank.

Just find it odd that many years later it is down to two players.. but the crap is still going on.
I was the first person posting weather threads on this board back starting around 2000, when I started my email weather list filled with people from work and friends/family, which started with about 25-30 people and grew to well over 1000 by about 2010 - I figured why not share the same info here - I don't think there's any dispute on that even though it can't be "proven" (I do have my emails, but that's not posts).

And you continue to miss the point in recent years. For many years, bac has given me grief over starting winter weather threads 4-5 days in advance and gameday weather threads 6-7 days in advance, saying it's way too early and I should wait, but for some reason, last year he began starting gameday weather threads 8+ days out, despite being on record that he thought those were useless. The only logical explanation is that he does it to tweak me, which is childish. And the only reason I've liked starting the threads over the years is that I regularly update the thread titles to keep them current as the storms evolve - I can't do that if others start them. If bac or others did that, then I wouldn't care at all about starting them, but they don't.

I was the first person posting weather threads on this board back starting around 2000, when I started my email weather list filled with people from work and friends/family, which started with about 25-30 people and grew to well over 1000 by about 2010 - I figured why not share the same info here - I don't think there's any dispute on that even though it can't be "proven" (I do have my emails, but that's not posts).

And you continue to miss the point in recent years. For many years, bac has given me grief over starting winter weather threads 4-5 days in advance and gameday weather threads 6-7 days in advance, saying it's way too early and I should wait, but for some reason, last year he began starting gameday weather threads 8+ days out, despite being on record that he thought those were useless. The only logical explanation is that he does it to tweak me, which is childish. And the only reason I've liked starting the threads over the years is that I regularly update the thread titles to keep them current as the storms evolve - I can't do that if others start them. If bac or others did that, then I wouldn't care at all about starting them, but they don't.
To summarize:

it-was-me-i-did-it.gif

• Haha
Well, the fears of a more powerful hurricane, possibly strengthening as it makes landfall on the FL Gulf Coast, probably along the Big Bend area (but Tampa to Panama City are still in the cone) are starting to look likely, as the NHC forecast is now for Idalia to reach Cat 2 strength before landfall Weds morning with ~100 mph winds. And with the near record water temps in its path and likely low shear, a major hurricane is not out of the question.

Also, even if the storm doesn't hit Tampa it now looks like it'll be close enough to Tampa to possibly produce significant storm surge on its stronger NE side, while the surge could be 7-11' a bit north of there, closer to landfall, which would be major to catastrophic in some locations. Of course, rainfall will be major (widespread 4-8" amounts up through the Carolinas) and there will be the risk of tornadoes, typically to the NE of the track. I worry that people aren't taking this seriously yet.

No impact on our area expected. By tbe way, Hurricane Franklin (100 mph winds now) is forecast to become a major hurricane soon and might even reach Cat 4 status (130+ mph winds). Fortunately, the storm, after making a close call near Bermuda, will head NE and out into the north Atlantic, now likely missing the Canadian Maritimes.

hxDPEnG.png

INIT 27/2100Z 20.1N 85.5W 35 KT 40 MPH
12H 28/0600Z 20.5N 85.3W 45 KT 50 MPH
24H 28/1800Z 21.7N 85.0W 55 KT 65 MPH
36H 29/0600Z 23.4N 84.9W 65 KT 75 MPH
48H 29/1800Z 25.6N 84.5W 75 KT 85 MPH
60H 30/0600Z 28.7N 83.7W 85 KT 100 MPH
72H 30/1800Z 31.3N 81.9W 50 KT 60 MPH...INLAND
96H 31/1800Z 34.5N 76.0W 50 KT 60 MPH...OVER WATER
120H 01/1800Z 35.0N 71.0W 55 KT 65 MPH

RfRrcew.png

nffT8JQ.png
We're on the cusp of having Hurricane Idalia, as the storm has increased to 70 mph, but more importantly, finally the shear from the NW is lessening and the convection is starting to fill in around the storm's center and it's looking like we'll start seeing rapid intensification perhaps overnight and through Tuesday, as the NHC has also increased the forecast for the storm's highest winds to 120 mph (solid Cat 3) on late Tuesday/early Wednesday before landfall on Wednesday morning, somewhere between just north of Clearwater to about Apalachicola on the Panhandle, with the track's center currently indicating a landfall near Steinhatchee, about 25 miles NW of Cedar Key. It's a bit fortunate that the expected landfall is in the Big Bend area, which is very lightly populated compared to other parts of FL (although not for them, of course).

As feared, the models keep showing the storm intensifying rapidly over the next 24-30 hours, as the storm will be passing over the warmest sea surface temps in the entire Atlantic Basin (over the Loop Current in the GOM), with lessening shear and minimal dry air entrainment. Intensity is very difficult to forecast accurately, which means it's quite possible we could see a Cat 4 hurricane with over 130 mph winds at landfall (or maybe "only" 110 mph if intensification is less).

Obviously, within about 25-30 miles of landfall, 110 mph winds/gusts will be expected, which can cause catastrophic damage, especially on the NE side of the storm, but the greatest risk with most hurricanes is the flooding storm surge, which is forecast to be catastrophic in the Big Bend area (8-12' from Chassahowitzka to the Aucilla River) and major to perhaps catastrophic from Tampa Bay (4-7') up to Chassahowitzk (6-9'; great name, lol). As usual, there will likely be numerous tornadoes to the NE of the track across the whole FL peninsula (from Tampa to Daytona Beach and north of that line to the storm's track, at least) and there will be torrential flooding rains of 3-6" (with up to 10" or more locally) along the track and within 50-100 miles of the track, all the way up through SE GA, SC and NC.

Evacuation orders have been issued for millions in the path of the storm, including large parts of the Tampa/St. Pete area, given the projected storm surge. Also, keep in mind that impacts will be significant even 50-100 miles inland, as the storm is still expected to be a Cat 1 hurricane with ~90 mph winds when it reaches Lake City about 70 miles inland, which also means the storm will likely still be a Cat 1 hurricane in SE GA and a strong TS in SE SC.

https://www.wunderground.com/articl...opical-storm-idalia-hurricane-watches-florida
https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/59459-ts-idalia/page/17/

INIT 28/2100Z 21.4N 85.1W 60 KT 70 MPH
12H 29/0600Z 22.7N 85.2W 75 KT 85 MPH
24H 29/1800Z 24.9N 85.0W 90 KT 105 MPH
36H 30/0600Z 27.6N 84.4W 105 KT 120 MPH
48H 30/1800Z 30.4N 82.9W 80 KT 90 MPH...INLAND
60H 31/0600Z 32.7N 80.4W 50 KT 60 MPH...INLAND
72H 31/1800Z 34.0N 76.8W 50 KT 60 MPH...OVER WATER
96H 01/1800Z 34.1N 71.4W 45 KT 50 MPH
120H 02/1800Z 34.0N 69.0W 45 KT 50 MPH

ZOLnXEO.png

CTVXytx.png

QcDkvc5.png

Last edited:

And you are missing the point that you have done the same thing as you, BAC and Tango(2) (DJ Spanky reminded me who it was) all used to start weather threads wanting to be the thread-starter and you would all find reasons to say the other guy was wrong.. when to start it, their sources used, etc. And then mods would look to combine the threads.. a truly thankless task. Because "friends" of you guys would be bumping one weather thread up over another.

This needling of each other started decades ago now. Your "history" of this is self-serving.. as is all the petty vindictiveness all these years between you and Bac. And if people who were around all this time don't remind you and those reading your colored "history" then you will succeed in erasing the true past of this nonsense instead of correcting your behaviors. Neither of you have chosen to be the bigger man on this issue and you should be reminded of that... for your own good as well as the health of this board.

Make some deal with TKR to keep a gameday weather post up above the "fold" so-to-speak that you can keep up to date if it is so important to you. Or add to whoever starts the thread first or start your own thread without feeling the need to "correct" Bac. That's how you end this nonsense.

I'm done now and will never bother to mention any of this ever again. My insanity regarding this stuff ends now.

And you are missing the point that you have done the same thing as you, BAC and Tango(2) (DJ Spanky reminded me who it was) all used to start weather threads wanting to be the thread-starter and you would all find reasons to say the other guy was wrong.. when to start it, their sources used, etc. And then mods would look to combine the threads.. a truly thankless task. Because "friends" of you guys would be bumping one weather thread up over another.

This needling of each other started decades ago now. Your "history" of this is self-serving.. as is all the petty vindictiveness all these years between you and Bac. And if people who were around all this time don't remind you and those reading your colored "history" then you will succeed in erasing the true past of this nonsense instead of correcting your behaviors. Neither of you have chosen to be the bigger man on this issue and you should be reminded of that... for your own good as well as the health of this board.

Make some deal with TKR to keep a gameday weather post up above the "fold" so-to-speak that you can keep up to date if it is so important to you. Or add to whoever starts the thread first or start your own thread without feeling the need to "correct" Bac. That's how you end this nonsense.

I'm done now and will never bother to mention any of this ever again. My insanity regarding this stuff ends now.
Sorry, but but that's not really correct. I was the only one starting weather threads for years from the early 2000s. What did change was when John O. left this board for the 247 board in April 2018 and I said I was going to follow him out of loyalty and that I likely wouldn't post much here. In hindsight that was kind of dumb, as I hadn't really seen how bad their message board was, making it almost unusable. However, I got grief for my announcement (fair) and when I decided the other board wasn't worth posting to much, I resumed my posts here within days.

That's when Tango started making some weather threads (and for a short time, another mod was starting "Rivals" gameday weather threads) as well as bac and me, but bac didn't start doing gameday threads way early until last year. And prior to 2018, I don't recall anyone else starting gameday weather threads. You can see all this if you search for threads with the word "weather" in the title (goes back to 2015). Again, I don't really care about who starts the threads as long as whoever does updates the titles as needed, but I do care a little about the record being correct.

Given that this is a major dangerous storm coming, it would be nice to focus on that in this thread.

Reactions: RedTeam1994

Well im taking the high road..nimbers is on an island now

• Haha
Sorry, but but that's not really correct. I was the only one starting weather threads for years from the early 2000s. What did change was when John O. left this board for the 247 board in April 2018 and I said I was going to follow him out of loyalty and that I likely wouldn't post much here. In hindsight that was kind of dumb, as I hadn't really seen how bad their message board was, making it almost unusable. However, I got grief for my announcement (fair) and when I decided the other board wasn't worth posting to much, I resumed my posts here within days.

That's when Tango started making some weather threads (and for a short time, another mod was starting "Rivals" gameday weather threads) as well as bac and me, but bac didn't start doing gameday threads way early until last year. And prior to 2018, I don't recall anyone else starting gameday weather threads. You can see all this if you search for threads with the word "weather" in the title (goes back to 2015). Again, I don't really care about who starts the threads as long as whoever does updates the titles as needed, but I do care a little about the record being correct.

Given that this is a major dangerous storm coming, it would be nice to focus on that in this thread.

Wrong

Wrong

Wow, you found the one you started in 2016, congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT