ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get getting on Sanchez for all the Ks and passed balls, but how many better players are there really at the position? Have you seen the Astro's cather's numbers?

I get getting on Sanchez for all the Ks and passed balls, but how many better players are there really at the position? Have you seen the Astro's cather's numbers?

If Sanchez is so great, trade him for a pitcher of equal value (should be a #1 starter, right?) and then sign a defensive catcher and let him platoon with Austin Romine. The batting order can afford a hole (frankly, it already has one anytime we face a good pitcher), we might as well bolster the starting pitching so we don't have to empty our entire bullpen in the 4th inning every third game.

Smoltz & 5 head pulling for Houston...me thinks.

Stanton is lost but wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez starts raking - had some nice swings his last ab. Look for it.
Sanchez nice swings?? I hope you are right but last night all his swings missed the ball. 3ABs with 3 strike outs. Batting .100. I guess he has to improve because he can't get worse.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Is this what the game has become?Neither team has a starter ready for Game 6.

There was a story in Baseball Digest in the early 60's proposing pitchers go 3 innings every 2 days.Is that where it's going to wind up?

Is this what the game has become?Neither team has a starter ready for Game 6.

There was a story in Baseball Digest in the early 60's proposing pitchers go 3 innings every 2 days.Is that where it's going to wind up?
Would love to read that article. Quick search but couldn't find it.

Sanchez will ride out his arbitration years as a Yankee but I can't imagine analytics Cashman will give him a huge contract. I expect him to walk as a free agent. He still has value when it comes to payroll.

Won the Yankees gift basket at my school tonight in a silent auction. Got 4 premium seats (Delta, Legends or whatever you want) for 900 bucks total. People didn't know what they could have had.

Sanchez nice swings?? I hope you are right but last night all his swings missed the ball. 3ABs with 3 strike outs. Batting .100. I guess he has to improve because he can't get worse.
I've actually heard A-Rod and several others refer to Sanchez as the best hitter on the Yankees.
Weird, huh ?

If you don't think we are definitely winning this series go become a Flushing fan
I sense another stay at Bellevue for you. Please don't talk $hit in the local bars.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BigEastPhil
At this point, not only does sanchez not get you any runs when it counts, he is a defensive liability.

Why not put romine in there?

And edwin is back in the lineup. FmL

I've actually heard A-Rod and several others refer to Sanchez as the best hitter on the Yankees.
Weird, huh ?

It is weird. But all it demonstrates is that they are stupid. Because he's not the best hitter on the Yankees.

At this point, not only does sanchez not get you any runs when it counts, he is a defensive liability.

Why not put romine in there?

And edwin is back in the lineup. FmL

It's because Cashman's too enamored with home runs. It's like he never watched a playoff series when Torre was winning World Series rings.

Reactions: coldsprings
It is weird. But all it demonstrates is that they are stupid. Because he's not the best hitter on the Yankees.

It's because Cashman's too enamored with home runs. It's like he never watched a playoff series when Torre was winning World Series rings.
It's not because he's enamored with home runs. The entire stadium was built for home run hitters. He gets the guys who hit them because of that. And it's not like he didn't pick up our MVP from Colorado in free agency, without knowing that he was an on base percentage machine and former batting champion.

It's obvious that Sanchez is not the best hitter on the team. It's either Gleyber or DJ.

This damn umpire is so inconsistent. Calls Gardner out on a pitch way outside. Then happ hits corners and the guys is calling balls.

I have to say this playoffs the strike and balls have been very consistent and good. NOT TODAY.

Reactions: RUDave_01
This damn umpire is so inconsistent. Calls Gardner out on a pitch way outside. Then happ hits corners and the guys is calling balls.

I have to say this playoffs the strike and balls have been very consistent and good. NOT TODAY.

Umpires plane was delayed. Didn't land in Houston until 11am this morning.

Encarnacion looks completely lost, as does Sanchez. Having two guys strike out 50+% off the time is brutal.

Game is going into the 6th... let's pick up another run or two soon.

Encarnacion looks completely lost, as does Sanchez. Having two guys strike out 50+% off the time is brutal.

Game is going into the 6th... let's pick up another run or two soon.
I'd also love to check how many guys Didi has left on base in this series? He's absolutely brutal with guys in scoring position.

I hope the NYY don't resign him... discount or not.

If Sanchez is so great, trade him for a pitcher of equal value (should be a #1 starter, right?) and then sign a defensive catcher and let him platoon with Austin Romine. The batting order can afford a hole (frankly, it already has one anytime we face a good pitcher), we might as well bolster the starting pitching so we don't have to empty our entire bullpen in the 4th inning every third game.
Romine is a free agent and has already said he is going to a team that intends to make him a starter. I feel that team should be
the Yankees. Get what you can for Sanchez and don't look back.

Sanchez finally gets on base twice tonight and he's a liability even there. Moves around on the base path like he has a piano on his back.

Bottom line... this team sucks and doesnt deserve the world series.

Cashman can suck my nuts. I could build a better team with my eyes closed with his budget

Sanchez finally gets on base twice tonight and he's a liability even there. Moves around on the base path like he has a piano on his back.
And he made a bad throw also, he is not a player.
I remember reports from his AAA team, he had so many infractions, like refusing to warm up pitchers, refusing to run on the bases.
He had like 8 infractions and had to suspend him for a week. He can go and let the door knob hit him in the ASH on the way out.

Astros are having magical defense out there. They make hard plays look hard but they make them

For the love of god i dont get why they just dont sit Encarnacion. Hes an automatic out... there is nothing that he can do except strike out. His body language says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT