ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my intention to come off that way. Just tired of hearing this crap like we’re at the level of St Louis or Brewers this season.

The two most talented players on the field were Padres this past weekend (Soto and Machado)

Think it’s just east coast bias since I’m sure yankee fans haven’t watched us much this year. People forgot Musgrove was on cy young watch early on in the ear. Darvish won NL pitcher of the month.
People forgot Musgrove was on cy young watch early on in the ear.

LOL I swear this was a typo. Year** 😂😂😂

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Sorry I just dont. They are not a rival and I've never had to deal with their fans talking s--t.
Trashiest fan base in baseball.

I flew back to SD last month for the series vs LA. Had a 30 year old dodger couple in front of me flipping off a 9 year old kid after the dodgers scored runs.

Fvck that team and fvck that fan base.

Not my intention to come off that way. Just tired of hearing this crap like we’re at the level of St Louis or Brewers this season.

The two most talented players on the field were Padres this past weekend (Soto and Machado)

Think it’s just east coast bias since I’m sure yankee fans haven’t watched us much this year. People forgot Musgrove was on cy young watch early on in the ear. Darvish won NL pitcher of the month.
Which team had more All Stars on the field Sunday night.

Padres (5) -Machado, Soto, Cronenworth, Musgrove, Hader
Met (4) - Alonso, McNeil, Marte, Diaz

I think the average Met fan doesn't realize the talent level the Padres have.

I flew back to SD last month for the series vs LA. Had a 30 year old dodger couple in front of me flipping off a 9 year old kid after the dodgers scored runs.

Both Dodgers and Yankees have a fan base that have a feeling of entitlement

Last edited:

Sounds like how I feel about all things Braves. Only their fans were tweeting 9/11 memes

Let’s call it 4 and 4.

Cronenworth was somehow a sub when he was terrible all year except for like a 2 week stretch

I don’t think Mets fans underestimated the first four in the lineup. Profar, Soto, Machado, and Bell are stars/superstars. Most fans didn’t expect to be beaten by the bottom half of the lineup.

We knew they had good starting pitchers but expected our hall of fame two would handle the lineup better than they did. We worried about our bats that have gone stale.

I don’t think Mets fans underestimated the first four in the lineup. Profar, Soto, Machado, and Bell are stars/superstars. Most fans didn’t expect to be beaten by the bottom half of the lineup.

We knew they had good starting pitchers but expected our hall of fame two would handle the lineup better than they did. We worried about our bats that have gone stale.
True. Grisham has been terrible all year. He just woke up at a good time for the Padres.
Kim has quietly been doing a solid job at SS all year. As I mentioned before I hope that next year they let him stay there and move Tatis to the outfield.

Reactions: The RUT
True. Grisham has been terrible all year. He just woke up at a good time for the Padres.
Kim has quietly been doing a solid job at SS all year. As I mentioned before I hope that next year they let him stay there and move Tatis to the outfield.
Apparently they were preparing for Tatis in CF before the PED stuff

Could be 20 games up next year and it won’t matter. This really takes a huge bite out of any true excitement next season.

Mets are becoming the cubs but 29 other fan bases didn’t love to break cubs fans balls Every second
The Mets were built to win this year, with deGrom probably gone next year and Sherzer being 38. The season was lost at the trade deadline when Eppier the idiot brought in and overweight player who can only hit righties (and not all that well), a rightly DH who can’t hit a beach ball and can’t play the field, and no lefty pitcher, and Naquin who seems to strikeout in every AB. He made the team worse and all they needed was another win or two to avoid the wildcard and have a shot. Even with that, their “Big 3” pitchers basically crapped the bed in Atlanta and the WC series, though deGrom pitched well in game 2. I think it will be a while to re-tool this team. The pitching alone could be gutted for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT