ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escobar shouldn't even be starting and he's still hurt as well. They're handcuffing themselves.
They have handcuffed themselves by carrying two DH's who can only play first base. Not saying it's the wrong move, but this is the opportunity cost.

He is a middle infielder. The Mets needed a backup middle infielder in Guillorme's absence.

If it were Escobar going to the IL, I think we would have seen Baty or Vientos.
My problem is there has to be something better in the minor leagues. This is a hole in your lineup.

My problem is there has to be something better in the minor leagues. This is a hole in your lineup.
They could have gone with Mauricio. Positionally, that would have been the only other move that made sense. Other than that, you have your choice amongst a bunch of organizational depth guys. I guess Marrero was as good a choice as any.

Braves going 3 straight RHP
Baty for 3 games to get a taste
Plays great it’s a bonus and we may have something

Carrasco came back from the rain delay to pitch but is coming out now. He has some sort of side injury.

Medina pitching to Acuna is insanity. He probably had a 25% chance of getting him out.

Have to share …just got a text …
“McCann can go 0 for 6 and his average would go up. “
Mets can’t survive playing Escobar everyday during a horrible year while he’s fighting an injury on top of it.

Mets can’t survive playing Escobar everyday during a horrible year while he’s fighting an injury on top of it.
Tell your friend to piss off. Stupid text.
3 hits. Marte, Lindor, Alonso, Vogelbach and Canha have zero, and your friend focuses on McCann?
Our leadoff batter Nimmo is batting 0.059 and the last 7 days (1 for 17), and people want to rip on McCann? SMDH.

Seeing Escobar and McCann playing every day would be like a nightmare. Team starting scoring and winning far more regularly when Guillorme got in and provided a spark on offense and great defense. And Nido has hit over .270 for the last 20 something games.

Escobar error to open the 6th and two 70 MPH ground balls at the plate. He’s completely unplayable vs RHP. 585 OPS!

It’s absurd to worry more about bench infield versatility in case of in game injury vs upgrading a starting position. Baty vs RHP would be an upgrade over Escobar. Why are The Mets more concerned with Marrero’s ability to replace an injured middle infielder in game then upgrading starting 3B?

Escobar error to open the 6th and two 70 MPH ground balls at the plate. He’s completely unplayable vs RHP. 585 OPS!

It’s absurd to worry more about bench infield versatility in case of in game injury vs upgrading a starting position. Baty vs RHP would be an upgrade over Escobar. Why are The Mets more concerned with Marrero’s ability to replace an injured middle infielder in game then upgrading starting 3B?
Nobody getting any texts about the middle relievers? 🤣

McCann doing a crappy job at "catching". He ain't catching many pitches!!!
Animated GIF

Last edited:
We need volunteers to pitch the last two innings. Do not want to waste any front line relievers.

Medina surely goes down tomorrow, and a fresh arm (Nogosek?) comes up.

Mets system doesn't have any prospects like Harris, who leaps like a kangaroo.
Yeah Mets have some bats on the way, but not particularly athletic. The last two "toolsy" OF prospects they had, they traded. Of course the tools don't always translate to the major league level.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Did not see most of game. What did Acuna do?
He's just a little bit too emotional and Ra Ra for my (and a lot of other tastes). Comes across as a young punk who needs to be put in his place. Maybe I'm misjudging him through my TV, and I will owe him an apology. But for now, there is something about his demeanor that triggers me.

We won't give up 13 runs again in this series. I'm very sure of that. Need to produce more on offense though. One concern is that there is more rain in the forecast here for Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure of the timing but wouldn't want Max and Jacob to go out to start and then have a rain delay. But then there was no rain in the forecast today when I watched this morning so I was very surprised when it first started pouring around 3pm.

Yeah Mets have some bats on the way, but not particularly athletic. The last two "toolsy" OF prospects they had, they traded. Of course the tools don't always translate to the major league level.
Khalil Lee was supposed to be a guy. Has the speed, certainly has the arm, even has the raw power. Unfortunately they haven't been able to develop the bat to ball skills and he is now dying on the vine as a minor leaguer in his mid 20's struggling to stay above the Mendoza line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT