ADVERTISEMENT

OT-SNOW FRIDAY-FIRST DAY OF SPRING 2-4" (Maybe 6"?) NORTH OF I-78

Saturday
A slight chance of snow showers before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between noon and 2pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

NOAA.gov likes the term slight chance. What do they think of RU '15-'16 making dance?

Just in case, I'm gonna grab a couple gallons of milk on the way home tonight.

Originally posted by RU848789:

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Numbers...your last condescending is post why people are tiring of the snow schtick you bring...taking glee in talking about cold outbreaks at the start of spring..anyway mt holly has mid to upper 50s wed and thurs
A guy calls me a name and makes a ridiculous statement about forecast accuracy and it's not ok for me to needle him? Sorry, but you'd do the same thing. I don't make comments like that unprovoked.

We have very cold air early this week, then next weekend and then likely 10-11 days out, but not every day. The pattern is definitely conducive to additional snow, as we have seen, with ~50" of snow since late January.
Well, "next weekend" is now this weekend and some models are showing heavy enough snow showers (and possibly an inverted trough feature which can focus heavy precip in relatively small areas) to put down an inch or more of snow in our region on Saturday, especially from NYC north/eastward. Not buying it yet, but temps will be cold (mid/upper 30s) and there could be enough instability for snow showers. For Central Jersey, just some flurries is more likely.

The next big full latitude trough then hits us mid/late next week, bringing in polar air and setting things up for a possible major storm next Friday/Saturday. Right now it looks like cold, heavy rain, but could be some heavy snow in the higher elevations in the Poconos/Sussex/Catskills/New England. And if heavy snow is only 75 miles (or 3-5F) away over a week out, that means snow is even possible into the big cities of the northeast if things play out more favorably for snow, which is a low, but non-zero probability. Given that it'll be early April, this is likely the last realistic chance for snow for the I-95 corridor this season. Hey, NYC is only 5.7" away from its snowiest 2 years in a row in 146 years...

Lol good luck with that...anyhow we will have few days in the mid 50s next week which is normal...someone needs to balance out the snow wishcasting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT