ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow Thread For Feb 6th & 7th Super Bowl Sunday

Another 2 inches for a total of 6 here. It changed from large to very large flakes to very fine for about 15 minutes but back to large flakes falling now. Forecast for us last night was 6 inches so looks like Scotch Plains will outperform.

I think with all the snow up here still , the snow you got that year still has not finished melting.

IIRC, My ex-wife's cousin was a producer for NJN at the time and was out for the game with Pat Scanlon and a camera man. With many fights East cancelled they were only able to find 1 seat on a flight east which they gave to Scanlon so he could bring the video they shot back in time for the news the next day. The other two didn't get back till Tue or Wed.

I remember we had a major storm on Super Bowl Sunday the year the G's beat Denver. I was living in Flanders at the time.
That storm was actually on the Thursday before,with the roads being really icy that night.I lost a day's pay for not showing up to work on Friday.Kean should have declared a state of emergency.

It did snow in 1980 during The Big Game.

As of 10:50 am, we're at 3.0" OTG for a rate of 1" per hr over the last 30 min. Just finished an easy "shovel" with the big broom and snow has lightened up a bit, but more is on the way. 31F.

Well, we "only" got 1/2" in the last hour, so we're at 3.5" as of 11:50 am with a temp of 32F; areas in E-PA and W-NJ got hammered by that band and many have 5-7" right now. The snow has picked back up, so hopefully we can still get to 5-6" before this ends.

Big blast just started down here. Just now sticking to the road. Daughter in Bridgewater says about 5" or more there right now.

IIRC, My ex-wife's cousin was a producer for NJN at the time and was out for the game with Pat Scanlon and a camera man. With many fights East cancelled they were only able to find 1 seat on a flight east which they gave to Scanlon so he could bring the video they shot back in time for the news the next day. The other two didn't get back till Tue or Wed.
My father used to watch NJN every night without fail .

####s
What’s the rest of the week looking like? My phone shows snow on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Been talking about that in the cold/snowy pattern thread. Likely a few inches for NW areas on Tuesday (could be an inch down to 95, but not a given), then possibly a 3-6/4-8" snowfall on Thursday and maybe some more on Sunday, kind of like this storm, but these are highly uncertain still. And apart from Tuesday getting up to 35-40F, it likely won't get above 32F all week and maybe much of next week.

Well, we "only" got 1/2" in the last hour, so we're at 3.5" as of 11:50 am with a temp of 32F; areas in E-PA and W-NJ got hammered by that band and many have 5-7" right now. The snow has picked back up, so hopefully we can still get to 5-6" before this ends.

Pouring snow again the last 30 min, so we're up to 4.25" as of 12:20 pm (1.5"/hr rate) and it's still 32F. 6" is definitely attainable now, looking at that radar.

The drive back from East Rutherford to Hillsborough was no fun at all. 78 did not look good, 287 was a bit better, 206 was worse than both, and Amwell road didn't look like it had been plowed at all.

Happy to be watching this come down from my living room now, and not through the windshield.
Depends on your perspective - just had to take a run to drop something off at a friends and had a lot of fun in my S5!

I don't mind at all - very happy with an area wide snow and that the NWS stuck to their guns are were right. Waiting for T to post about this storm busting too high, lol.
I thought nws dropped everyone under six this morning?

Guess an inch or two in Jersey City. Very wet, nothing accumulating on the streets.

Looks like more of a “mood flakes” event than anything really.

Still snowing in Flanders . A good moderate snow coming down. A few inches have fallen . I am drinking a beer so I refuse to interrupt that by measuring how much has fallen !

I don't mind at all - very happy with an area wide snow and that the NWS stuck to their guns are were right. Waiting for T to post about this storm busting too high, lol.
It certainly was a major bust in Center City Philly. On the flip side Bucks County got hammered.

Pouring snow again the last 30 min, so we're up to 4.25" as of 12:20 pm (1.5"/hr rate) and it's still 32F. 6" is definitely attainable now, looking at that radar.
As of 12:50 pm, we're up to 5.0" continuing the 1.5"/hr rate, although the intensity just let up after that, while I was doing my 2nd shovel - again, easy with the wide broom. 32F and seeing a bit of melting on paved surfaces that were plowed and have some blacktop, with the midday Feb sun.

Guessing I have another hour or so here in Lambertville. Still coming down pretty good in big fluffy beautiful flakes.

I’ll say this — I appreciate the timing of this. Should finish up with plenty of time to run the snowblower before I sit down for junk food, beer, and football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT