ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The west winds this month ruining the beach.

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Ocean is freezing today. Low 60s in much of the jersey shore. Well below average. Also, this land breeze in addition to colder water continues to bring flies and mosquitoes on the beach.

95 air temperature and 62 water.

When conditions are like this I take a cup of coffee up to the boardwalk early in the morning for five minutes and then go back. And that is the last of the beach I will see for the day. Just miserable with a west wind.

I left the beach early today. Too hot. Too windy. Hundreds of umbrellas flying. Water was freezing. The water was beautiful on Thursday.

Tried to hang at the jazz and blues festival in AP. Too damned hot.No shade..The tunes were nice but just way too much .

Omg..I was at the beach..yes it was somewhat chilly but it was refreshing..it was so hot it didnt matter the water temp...its not like you couldnt go in..

Jumping in the ocean to cool off was like jumping into an ice bath today. It was freezing. I don't know how my kids stayed in there so long boogie boarding.

The water was initially cold, but I get used to it after a few minutes. It was quite refreshing to swim in during a scorcher of a Saturday.

Took a New Hampshire vacation years ago. First stop Hampton Beach,NH. Bright sun,hot sand ,Jumped into the water. 56 DEGREES. North Atlantic Baby! No Gulf Stream warm water. Chillay!

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm happy the NYers & PAers spend their money in NJ on tolls, sales tax, etc, but I wish they would show more overall respect for the towns and people in the Shore towns.

Every year I see NYers dump full ash trays out of their cars into the street.

Our friends, who live on LBI, came to our house yesterday evening and they said the water temps were around 60F after being the mid-70s a few days ago - some sort of current change/upwelling. 60F is just too cold for me, even on a hot day. Needs to be at least 65F for me to go in. Looks like it's only cool between AC and Belmar, roughly...

http://www.weather.gov/phi/surfrip4

Reactions: superfan01
I struggle with anything colder than my hot tub these days. My kids on the other hand run right out there and stay in the ocean for hours and it doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest. I used to be like that too, but no more.

No flies today. As wind has shifted. In lavallette the ocean was 63 yesterday and 65 today. Was 72 last Monday. That's a big difference.

Water was a bit chilly but me and my daughter still played in it for 2-3 hours.

Hmm. Almost jealous. Have to console my old body in an in ground on a 1 acre lot with a fridge full of beers, wine and margueritas a few steps away. ... And a neighbor with a new outdoor bar at his pool.

Took a New Hampshire vacation years ago. First stop Hampton Beach,NH. Bright sun,hot sand ,Jumped into the water. 56 DEGREES. North Atlantic Baby! No Gulf Stream warm water. Chillay!
So that's why they call you Old Blue Balls!

No clue what you guys are talking about?

Air temp was 93 and water was 78. Ohhhh i am in the USVI with a view of coral bay Saint John to die for.

Enjoy the beach guys. I got 6 days of this to go :)
Love it! We are heading back to St. John this coming Feb/Mar.

Reactions: PRH_RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT