ADVERTISEMENT

Pikell Sucks

I have to agree it was dumb giving the ball to Baker down the stretch of regulation instead of Young. However he did turn the keys over to Young in OT to secure the win. Good adjustment.

Dumb? Really? How many clutch game tying, winning or momentum shifting shots has Geo made in his career?

This guy is so out of his league he just has no feel for the game we run no plays he just sucks how do you give the ball to Geo when he misses 3 straight and not JY!!!

Wrong time for you to post this. Especially, after pretty much locking up the bid. Steve took a joke of a program to being very respectable and an NCAA team and this is how you repond?

You must be a miserable person to be around all the time.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Geo went O-3 with a turnover and a foul in the last 2 and half minutes. Young was playing an amazing game. We needed a win against Nebraska and Geo went 0-6 from 3 point range. I think it's time to stop drinking the Geo is "clutch" kool-aid.
Baker had a good last five minutes of the first half but he and Harper had disappointing second halves.

Geo went O-3 with a turnover and a foul in the last 2 and half minutes. Young was playing an amazing game. We needed a win against Nebraska and Geo went 0-6 from 3 point range. I think it's time to stop drinking the Geo is "clutch" kool-aid.
Oh please. You go to your best player in that situation, and Geo's proven himself plenty of times. "Kool-aid"? Come on now, you should know better.

Oh please. You go to your best player in that situation, and Geo's proven himself plenty of times. "Kool-aid"? Come on now, you should know better.

Let's actually talk basketball. The Geo ISO attempts at the end of the game were a low percentage outcoome from the start. You have given uo on every other player on your team and gambled your season on Geo going one on one for a score.

1) Geo is not good at taking guys off the dribble. It's not even something he tries that often. When he does on occassion do it is when he catches the D sleeping and not expecting it. One on one beating someone off the dribble is not part of his everyday game. But here you place the entire season on him being able to do it?

2) Geo also will never look to pass in that situation. The game was won by Young beating his guys off the dribble and either finishing or finding the open teammate. Everyone on the planet new Geo was never passing on those plays. The plays were going to end with Geo Hail Mary's period.

3) So the strategy was to give up on the rest of the team and win the game on a low percentage, on one, shot from Geo. This is your best case scenario when running that play. Overtime showed there were better options.

4) Here's a thought. If you still wanted Geo to take the last shot. Put the ball in someone else's hands and run a couple of screens for him. Or let Young dribble penetrate and kick it out to him.

Geo versus the world was just bad coaching.

This guy is so out of his league he just has no feel for the game we run no plays he just sucks how do you give the ball to Geo when he misses 3 straight and not JY!!!
At least give it day before you start with this stuff. But what would you expect from a guy who inflicts pain on people for a living.

Reactions: 216 Row E
You seriously need to get laid

Only a total Jack ass would post something like this after we just accomplished something that hadn’t been done in 30 years

It’s obvious you failed out of medical school and that why you became a so called dentist

Reactions: Kbee3 and 216 Row E
Let's actually talk basketball. The Geo ISO attempts at the end of the game were a low percentage outcoome from the start. You have given uo on every other player on your team and gambled your season on Geo going one on one for a score.

1) Geo is not good at taking guys off the dribble. It's not even something he tries that often. When he does on occassion do it is when he catches the D sleeping and not expecting it. One on one beating someone off the dribble is not part of his everyday game. But here you place the entire season on him being able to do it?

2) Geo also will never look to pass in that situation. The game was won by Young beating his guys off the dribble and either finishing or finding the open teammate. Everyone on the planet new Geo was never passing on those plays. The plays were going to end with Geo Hail Mary's period.

3) So the strategy was to give up on the rest of the team and win the game on a low percentage, on one, shot from Geo. This is your best case scenario when running that play. Overtime showed there were better options.

4) Here's a thought. If you still wanted Geo to take the last shot. Put the ball in someone else's hands and run a couple of screens for him. Or let Young dribble penetrate and kick it out to him.

there is about 5 games last year that say otherwise

there are always better options when you miss.

that is not talking basketball that is playing Monday morning quarterback.

Reactions: RUnTeX and wheezer

It was good coaching to put the ball in Geo's hands for an iso against Carr (not "against the world"). He wasn't doubled so no need to pass, and Geo's freed himself for an iso jumper many times. If you look at the play again, you'll see that it was a good look from about 18 feet. He just missed. Bardo also said that he thought Geo would get it and, if not Geo, then maybe Harper might take the shot. As far as your points above, you don't want to pass with 8 seconds left since you risk a turnover, mishandled ball, double team, or taking a desperation shot.

Reactions: hiwater
could be this sarcasm because of the way some posters belittled Pike when the team was in a losing streak .
Just like some were claiming, during the losing streak, Geo wasn't a leader , RHJ was overrated and Young shouldn't be given any minutes because he plays out of control .
????????????????????????????

I have to agree it was dumb giving the ball to Baker down the stretch of regulation instead of Young. However he did turn the keys over to Young in OT to secure the win. Good adjustment.
You are really coming across as an a hole. He is 10 n 10 in the toughest conference in the country. In 4 short years he has taken a laughing stock program to the Dance. He has won double digit games in the toughest conference in the country 2 years in a row. He has won 4 road games in the toughest conference in the country. Thought you needed a reminder of what conference we play in. At 1 point this conference had I teams in top 25. YEAH YOUR RIGHT PIKE IS IN OVER HIS HEAD. You sir are not very bright regarding his coaching abilities

OP- just a really bad look to really go after the Coach that just got us into the NCAA and it should have been for the 2nd straight year after being as bad as Ash’s football team.

now, if someone wanted to discuss Coach’s strengths and weaknesses, well, he may have a ceiling but he also has a very high floor. What he did in a few years almost compares to what Greg did his first time here. But, his ceiling may be that of being in the tournament every year but max out with a sweet 16 every 5 years or so...
But, to even discuss that, it is somewhere I don’t think any of us thought we would be. So enjoy it!!!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The Dr. is an enormous, emotional great Rutgers fan.
This is important, who said a really dumb thing I’m sure he very much regrets.
Forgive him.

Reactions: czxqa
The op’s point was not horrible. Pike almost blew this game . If not for Jacob young playing the most clutch game in rutgers history , this thread would have merit

Did you notice that everyone of the game on the line shots Geo took today Minnesota forced him or Geo went right. His money shot had always been going left.

Forgive him.
He needs to repent first, take the abuse, then forgiveness might find its way to him after a Special Committee, headed by @MrsScrew, convenes and takes a vote. I don't like his odds, but you never know.

Forgive him.
That's why I didn't quite hammer him. We sat near each other for many, many years and I know he's a great fan, but it was a bad take. Was never a question he'd be forgiven, though.

Reactions: mildone and zappaa
It's not really okay to say it in the game thread either, IMO. Might be okay there if it was even arguably true, maybe. But Pike's doing a great job.
To me it's ok, as the game thread is sheer reaction with tons of "he sucks" and "we suck" and "I hate this friggin" team" and "wtf are you fukkityfukkfukksters doing?" and more, because that's what we say during a game in person (most of us). But to start a new thread like that is just bad form.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT