ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 12/16/20 Snowstorm Thread: First Significant Winter Storm of the Season - Major Snow/Sleet/Rain

@koleszar
You good with water for animals?
You're near my parents and they have a generator if things get bad. I'd have some explaining to do, but they know I'm crazy when it comes to animals. Lol

Reactions: koleszar and RUPete
kdix_20201216_2339_BR_0.5.png.c928dfb8b3aa82347cebc0b423a2e922.png

Actually the opposite. Take @Postman_1 advice and start stashing beers along your driveway. Enjoy the snow removal tomorrow 🍻
I will be shoveling tonight a few times . Almost 4 inches already . My family and I live 5 minutes south of Sussex county . I have no desire to shovel over 1 foot of snow tomorrow !

Coming down hard now, you go over one area with snow blower come back 20 mins later and there is almost another inch taken its place.

how much did you guys get
3 here in South Philly. CBS and NBC have closer to 4. They are in Center City and Bala Cynwyd.
CBS only expanded the snow line into the river counties to 3-6.
That dry slot is approaching too.

now starting to close in on 3 inches here....thats maybe about 1.75 inches an hour here the past hour..wow
How are things looking now? Looks very light outside. Daughter off from school tomorrow. Snow Day! :)

How are things looking now? Looks very light outside. Daughter off from school tomorrow. Snow Day! :)

yeah it snowed like crazy for an hour but lightened up because we between banding, a big heavy band soon to come through by around 8 so we could double our 3 inches by 930!

It's raging in Piscataway now. Went to store for couple items. Was nice to see the Christmas lights in these conditions.

Reactions: goru1869
Made it out of Philly. Of course, the bathroom had an issue, and my flight was delayed almost 3 hours. I land soon at O’Hare and I have about 4 min to make my connecting flight. Gotta love it!
Enough time to grab a pint at airport bar and catch your connection. 🍺

Just got in from a "Jebwalk" (long story, don't have time - it's poker night!) with my wife, our son and his girlfriend. As of 6 pm we have 2.25" OTG (was only about 1" at 5 pm, so it's coming down) and it's 25/23F. Heavy snow right now with 1/4 mile visibiilty. Gorgeous out there - don't forget to get out in this stuff - snow angel time soon, lol.
As of 7 pm, we have 3.75" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow. Pounding here now. Still 25F. Very heavy band on our doorstep.

Reactions: Postman_1
Just went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. Sleet mixing in with snow in Hamilton. Shoveled a lil when I got back and ten min after I shoveled a area it was covered again. Very windy out too

Approaching 5 inches in Mount Olive. Someone rode by on an ATV 1/2 hour ago and the tracks are already gone . OH JOY .

yeah it snowed like crazy for an hour but lightened up because we between banding, a big heavy band soon to come through by around 8 so we could double our 3 inches by 930!
Remember, Numbers predicted at least 10 inches for our area, so I hope we end up on the bust side of that amount! 😜

Remember, Numbers predicted at least 10 inches for our area, so I hope we end up on the bust side of that amount! 😜

we have 3.5 now but its an icy mixture so lets see what happens. After mixing and dry slot issues there is potential for another slug of snow around 4-7 AM but thats no certainty

Went out in Hillsborough to clear my truck and felt some pinging at 7:30. About 3 inches here. Just got a email from the Hillsborough Deli. They are closing early and will reopen at 5:30am.

More snow than I expected in Jackson but they are still calling for rain by 9 or 10

@koleszar
You good with water for animals?
You're near my parents and they have a generator if things get bad. I'd have some explaining to do, but they know I'm crazy when it comes to animals. Lol
By this time the trial runs on storm prep for the farm have been plenty, they just suck. I can't tell you how many 55 gal. drums of water I've filled and dumped out over the past 7 yrs.. As far as generators, I own my own Masonry Company, we've got a variety of generators and fuel storage in the Machine shop. But thank you for your generous offers and concern it's much appreciated. Now if I could just get the dogs to come inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
In Monroe I have 4 or 5 inches and coming down like an SOB. Surprised that we have snow while Lambertville and Montgomery have sleet. We are usually a couple of degrees warmer here and often get rain while you get snow.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT