ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 12/16/20 Snowstorm Thread: First Significant Winter Storm of the Season - Major Snow/Sleet/Rain

Made it out of Philly. Of course, the bathroom had an issue, and my flight was delayed almost 3 hours. I land soon at O’Hare and I have about 4 min to make my connecting flight. Gotta love it!
Say hi to my friend Cyndie. She's going to Phoenix to visit our vacation home that we can't visit.

By this time the trial runs on storm prep for the farm have been plenty, they just suck. I can't tell you how many 55 gal. drums of water I've filled and dumped out over the past 7 yrs.. As far as generators, I own my own Masonry Company, we've got a variety of generators and fuel storage in the Machine shop. But thank you for your generous offers and concern it's much appreciated. Now if I could just get the dogs to come inside.
Raining like mad here now, probably down to a compact 1/2" of snow. Hoping for no shovelling. Still snowing?

snow/sleet line

one toward the shore, the other in western central jersey

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-DIX-N0C-20201217-0020-6-100.gif.dab0f5a222df16bc9139c8bae0594022.gif
Looks like we are on that northern line! I smell a bust in the air. :)

Does Sweet Pea enjoy the snow?

I got Sweet Pea July 2019. There was hardly any snow last winter. this will be his first measurable romp in it. I just cleared a circle out front so he can tinkle without getting his wee wee frozen.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
Just shoveled in South Brunswick - surprised - had sleet for about half an hour. Back to snow with about 6 inches on the ground.

Well that was at 5:00 p.m. Just measured at 6:30 p.m., and 1 1/2" on driveway, and 2" on the dirt/mulch pile. We need a measurement from @RU_DIO, because he is about midway between us.

About 1 1/2" on deck. Had to knock off all the ice/snow off the batting cage net a little while ago. Thought the poles were going to bend like three years ago.

Reactions: Knight Shift
As of 7 pm, we have 3.75" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow. Pounding here now. Still 25F. Very heavy band on our doorstep.

As of 8 pm, we have 5.0" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow. Pounding here now. Still 25F. Very heavy band on our doorstep.

Here in Howell, just got done shaking off the 32 Green Giant Arborvitaes I planted last year, they were looking real top heavy. Anyway measured in a few spots while getting completely covered in snow. Consensus, a good 6 1/2" of unexpected snow and no rain yet.

Wind is howling. Central Jersey dry slot was well modeled, and it's arrived behind the H7 WAA shove which is now in Morris/Sussex/Passaic/Bergen. Rest of the night, p-type will be decided by intensity. Wind could become the bigger story for everyone south of 78.

Reactions: bac2therac
I feel like Pikiell with Myles Johnson commuting his 3rd foul with 15 minutes left.

Do I play it aggressive and leave him in (not go out and snowblow) or take him out so he doesn’t foul out (snow blow in a few hours)

I am betting my final number is going to be right at 9-10 inches which is right around the max that my snow blower can handle.

it is nice and cozy inside.

I feel like Pikiell with Myles Johnson commuting his 3rd foul with 15 minutes left.

Do I play it aggressive and leave him in (not go out and snowblow) or take him out so he doesn’t foul out (snow blow in a few hours)

I am betting my final number is going to be right at 9-10 inches which is right around the max that my snow blower can handle.

it is nice and cozy inside.
You can blow...but know the wind is going to make a mockery of.your work.

Here in Howell, just got done shaking off the 32 Green Giant Arborvitaes I planted last year, they were looking real top heavy. Anyway measured in a few spots while getting completely covered in snow. Consensus, a good 6 1/2" of unexpected snow and no rain yet.
smart man...

I got Sweet Pea July 2019. There was hardly any snow last winter. this will be his first measurable romp in it. I just cleared a circle out front so he can tinkle without getting his wee wee frozen.

Before the next snow, lay a tarp on the ground and anchor it and mark two corners. Then when it snows, just peel back the tarp, and Sweet Pea will have a nice 8' x 10' patch to enjoy. Cover and repeat.

Before the next snow, lay a tarp on the ground and anchor it and mark two corners. Then when it snows, just peel back the tarp, and Sweet Pea will have a nice 8' x 10' patch to enjoy. Cover and repeat.

this is genius. I’m having some bathroom issues with my 6 month old puppy. First time in snow, loves it, but hasn’t gone to the bathroom since this morning!

The NBC affiliate in Philadelphia says that 6.5 inches fell in Cherry Hill. I looked out my front door and I would say I got less than that. (Then again, Cherry Hill is spread out.) Berlin got 3.5 inches according to the affiliate -- Berlin is to our south and to the east, but not that far. There may have been a very sharp gradient.

The affiliate also said that the snow is pretty much over for Philadelphia and its NJ suburbs, except that there may be another hit very late tonight. The temperatures are currently rising above freezing, and naturally that means sleet rather than snow. We may also get some freezing rain -- ugh. The storm is expected to end by dawn, and so tomorrow will be clean-up day.

this is genius. I’m having some bathroom issues with my 6 month old puppy. First time in snow, loves it, but hasn’t gone to the bathroom since this morning!
Young and small enough to pick it up and wring it out like a sponge .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT