ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 12/16/20 Snowstorm Thread: First Significant Winter Storm of the Season - Major Snow/Sleet/Rain

meanwhile the NAM is an inch or less south of 78 the rest of the way..wow

snku_acc.us_ne.png

Reactions: T2Kplus20
shoveled once already in hboro. enough fun for me. bring on the dry slot! looks nice tho

As of 8 pm, we have 5.0" OTG which is 1.5" the last hour - that's pretty heavy snow. Pounding here now. Still 25F. Very heavy band on our doorstep.
As of 9 pm we have 5.75" OTG - slowed down a bit the last 30 min with the radar break; hoping it picks back up soon. Pretty happy so far. Would love to get to 10". 26F now.

so i guess for several hours we will have some on and off precip which will waver back and forth between pixie dust and icy mix depending on the intensity. Some believe that we will get a shot at accumulating snows tomorrow morning sometime I guess after 5 AM but will we is the question or who gets it

so i guess for several hours we will have some on and off precip which will waver back and forth between pixie dust and icy mix depending on the intensity. Some believe that we will get a shot at accumulating snows tomorrow morning sometime I guess after 5 AM but will we is the question or who gets it
Windward elevated portions north of 80.

Dry slot covering almost all of NJ now. The only way this isn’t a bust is if we get wraparound snow or that precip in DC makes its way up here

Just walked out onto my balcony. Very windy, no question, but what hit me in the face wasn’t snowing or ice. Something in between And we don’t have much more than 4 inches I think at this point. I could be wrong however I’m 12 floors up ha ha Ha!

Just walked out onto my balcony. Very windy, no question, but what hit me in the face wasn’t snowing or ice. Something in between And we don’t have much more than 4 inches I think at this point. I could be wrong however I’m 12 floors up ha ha Ha!
Make sure you have a parachute on just incase .

My friend in state college (fellow RU alum) said he measured 13” and snowing hard (22:30 your time)

Here in Howell, just got done shaking off the 32 Green Giant Arborvitaes I planted last year, they were looking real top heavy. Anyway measured in a few spots while getting completely covered in snow. Consensus, a good 6 1/2" of unexpected snow and no rain yet.
Quite a difference. Our driveway is mostly black now with a light coating of slush.
And @RU_DIO is about 1-1.5 miles west of me, and had 1.5" at 8 p.m. The poster in Belmar said all rain.

we will see if we get into any in the early morning hours, still a potential but looks like just some sleet and icy mixture at times but it wont be able to pile up too much
The NWS graphic for Wall is calling very up to 60 mph gusts, and heavy rain (about 1.3 in) through 6 a.m. Checked the future radar and it concurs. Hope all of our slush washes away.

This thing is a definite bust in Lambertville. Maaaaaaaybe 2” out there. It’s been a combination of no precip or light sleet for hours. Snowblower is staying in the shed unless something crazy happens overnight.

Reactions: bac2therac
As of 9 pm we have 5.75" OTG - slowed down a bit the last 30 min with the radar break; hoping it picks back up soon. Pretty happy so far. Would love to get to 10". 26F now.

Things slowed down a lot here. Only up to 6" with only 1/4" the last 2 hours, due to lack of precip and sleet; up to 27F.

11:10 PM. Have no idea how long it’s been but absolutely nothing coming down right now.

Ran the snowblower to clear 4" in Readington. Didn't need to, but for the first time in two years, def wanted to.

Just came back from plowing 2 of my commercial properties. There was no more than 4 1/2 in these lots. It was a breeze. Sleeting hard tho as I finished up.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
+1
Nothing but pixie dust here over the past few hours. We already done?

Reactions: RocktheRac
I wonder if I told the owners of my commercial lots that we were going to get over a foot like someone on here if I still can charge them for clearing 1 foot even if we only got 5 inches.? lolololol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT