ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

Damn, that still hurts just thinking about it, lol. My favorite golf week, too - hoping to attend in person next year (a good friend lives in Atlanta and his wealthy FIL gets tix every year). I don't usually go with the favorites, but I'm thinking this is Rory's tournament. And here's an entertaining article on a bunch of off-course stories...

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...story-tiger-woods-wears-a-tiger-on-his-shirt/
On the William Hill app Rory is the favorite at 8/1. Everyone else is 10/1 +
Tony Finau is wearing a fake cast. Too funny

Such a crap shoot to try and pick a winner. The odds are bullocks. The vets can win. The guys in their prime can win. Some of these fairly unknown, really young guys can win.

So much fun to watch all the rounds but the handicapping really begins on the back nine, Sunday.

Reactions: WhiteBus
D3y0E8AWAAA1x15.jpg

Reactions: WhiteBus
Masters Par 3 contest starts at 3pm. Don't forget. On ESPN

Our club did a 9 hole par 3 tournament today to mirror the Masters par 3 tourney today. Two person scramble, each hole was set up to be the same distance as the Masters par 3 tourney today. Everything from 77 yards to 155 yards. Great format and great start to watching the Masters this weekend.

I saw John Rahm up close at Bay Hill and Valspar this season.

He is a threat to win every week.

Has a complete game.

Anybody watching Kuchar argue and argue for relief in the middle of the fairway? His drive hits in middle of fairway, bounces up and forward a little bit, bounces a 2nd time straight up, and lands in a divot, lol. I like him, but imo, he looked like a cry baby there. When the first rules official said no relief, he asked to look at a replay , which he did surprisingly, then Kuchar asks for another official for a 2nd opinion, they let him have one, and that dude says no way, and he then asks for a 3rd, lol. They finally said no, just hit the ball.

Tiger 2 under tied for about 20th.
Phil 2 under
Rory and Rose 3 over
Finau 5 over
Spieth looks good in 2nd, 5 under
I don't think Koepka or DJ are playing.

Beautiful course.

Anybody watching Kuchar argue and argue for relief in the middle of the fairway? His drive hits in middle of fairway, bounces up and forward a little bit, bounces a 2nd time straight up, and lands in a divot, lol. I like him, but imo, he looked like a cry baby there. When the first rules official said no relief, he asked to look at a replay , which he did surprisingly, then Kuchar asks for another official for a 2nd opinion, they let him have one, and that dude says no way, and he then asks for a 3rd, lol. They finally said no, just hit the ball.

Tiger 2 under tied for about 20th.
Phil 2 under
Rory and Rose 3 over
Finau 5 over
Spieth looks good in 2nd, 5 under
I don't think Koepka or DJ are playing.

Beautiful course.

Being relatively new to golf, is that ever even an option? Isn't a divot just always tough shit?

I watched a little bit of the women’s US open today, and I was struck by how few fans were out there watching. Someone named Legg won it, I can’t say I am familiar with her. I noticed Hank Haney got in a lot of hot water and got suspended for his politically incorrect comments he made .

Tiger did well today and looks ready for Torrey Pines.

I watched a little bit of the women’s US open today, and I was struck by how few fans were out there watching. Someone named Legg won it, I can’t say I am familiar with her. I noticed Hank Haney got in a lot of hot water and got suspended for his politically incorrect comments he made .

Lee6 won. The irony is that Hank singled her out as part of his PI comments. Hank actually predicted the winner.

Last edited:

Torrey Pines??

Very small crowd. On TV they said there were only 30-40 people watching the leaders tee off on the 1st hole. Only group that had any kind of crowd following them was Lexi Thompson and Jaye Marie Greene. Greene had the lead but faded badly on the back 9. Thompson challenged briefly.

Rory with a dominate performance to run away with the Canadian Open. Hope he saved some of that A game for this week.

Rory with a dominate performance to run away with the Canadian Open. Hope he saved some of that A game for this week.
Caught his back nine today - wow! He could've easily shot 59 if not for the bogeys on 2 of the last 3 holes, although that eagle on 17 was a thing of beauty. If he can play like that at Pebble, he'll get his 5th major.

Looking forward to Thursday and the first day of the US Open. Guessing the winning score will be less than 10 under, probably closer to 5 under. Veteran Players have been warning the USGA not to make the course too hard, lol. Rough sounds like it will be as tough as Bethpage Black at the PGA.
Long range weather forecast looks pretty good for that area.

DJ, Brooks, Adam Scott as my long shot.

Just think DJ is due.
Good calls I think. People are going to be shocked to hear me say this but I think Woods has a good shot here. Still trying to solidify my 3 though.

Hey @Section124 it was great meeting you Saturday at Sunset Valley. Hopefully I will see you again and maybe get a round in with you sometime. Would love to hear how you did? What did you think of SV?

Hey @Section124 it was great meeting you Saturday at Sunset Valley. Hopefully I will see you again and maybe get a round in with you sometime. Would love to hear how you did? What did you think of SV?
It was great finally meeting you as well! It took me 20+ years to finally play there even though I live 10-15 miles away. I shot an 82, so not too bad for me this year. I've been traveling on business 2 weeks per month so I am rusty. Course was in great shape. As you mentioned, the greens were tough (fast and pretty much seemed like there was some break). Definitely a bunch of challenging holes (especially the finishing 3). Would definitely love to play together at some point. Off to England this weekend so hopefully when I get back.

Reactions: wisr01
Looks like players will be wearing sweaters or long sleeve shirts. Temps for US Open will be low to mid 60s all week. Almost zero chance of rain.

Looks like players will be wearing sweaters or long sleeve shirts. Temps for US Open will be low to mid 60s all week. Almost zero chance of rain.

In a small way, I think this might favor the older golfers who won't get fatigued as quickly in the heat and humidity.

It was great finally meeting you as well! It took me 20+ years to finally play there even though I live 10-15 miles away. I shot an 82, so not too bad for me this year. I've been traveling on business 2 weeks per month so I am rusty. Course was in great shape. As you mentioned, the greens were tough (fast and pretty much seemed like there was some break). Definitely a bunch of challenging holes (especially the finishing 3). Would definitely love to play together at some point. Off to England this weekend so hopefully when I get back.
Those three finishing holes are as tough as they come. For me, seventeen is the hardest hole on the course.

ige0nouYY1sMZbeLSkQPfLQ9_Uw4svXyG5wx_QVt5T-1yf3LldUJJeKaWJeXRFWgQv-SiNRPbqzyjKXICWgG07jAKLrgTvLnoXUbncNX08U-JhMI0S3BFBIm_dLaj8beTmLEz8Pq

BTW, you know the course guide I shared with you...I wrote that a few years back. They decided to create one and asked me to help since I have played there multiple thousands of times. Hope it helped a little. Have a great time in England.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section124
Been busy working and riding my bike for a month long fundraiser so free time to pop on here is very limited. But it is the US Open so...
First those I am not picking to win. Tiger. Believe he can have a great round, low round round of the day type round but not 4 great rounds. Same for Phil.
DJ. People say he is due. Has played very well but seems to make a fatal mistake at a big moment. Would not be surprised if he won but he has to keep it together on the weekend. Rory. So rare these days to win back to back tournaments. The only reason I picking him not to win.
As for who is going to win, I have no idea [laughing]
The course setup does not favor the long hitters so more players are in the mix to win. Scott, Kucher, Rose, Molinari.... all have great chances. A first time major winner? I'll go with yes. Just have a feeling. The course is so different than Pro Am week and past Opens there, so course knowledge has little value.
Looking forward to a great tournament.

On a windless day, surprised the course only yielded -5. Such a great venue for the US Open, wish they would cut the rotation down and play there every four years.

How about Koepka coming out and making birdies on four of the first six holes with all the pressure on him. Impressive.

What a leader-board, already. This is just going to get better and better. And say what you want about the Fox announcers, but how about all the coverage. Turned it on at 12:30 today and they're still on the air. Golf viewing nirvana...

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
And say what you want about the Fox announcers, but how about all the coverage. Turned it on at 12:30 today and they're still on the air. Golf viewing nirvana...

what he said.

wtf is it with this crapola where they only show half the field on thurs and fri in most tournaments.

a golf channel and a half dozen other sports channels, and no other sports going on on thurs and fri afternoons, and they only show half the field each day even in big tournaments.

beyond absurd.

wonder whether this was Fox stepping up, or the fact that it was on the west cost, and they could come on air at 12:30 pm and still show everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT