ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Clemson files suit against ACC

Neither Clemson nor FSU is an AAU member institution. So the SEC can have them. Unless other institutions decide to leave - UNC and UVA, for example - the loss of two universities would not necessitate the demise of the ACC. It could give ND an ultimatum to go in for all sports. Other possible additions could be UCF and/or USF, UConn, even Temple for the Philadelphia market. This situation - at least right now - is not like the Pac12 where the conference administrators had no clue how to manage the everchanging TV landscape. The ACC's income would certainly drop, if ND doesn't join for all sports, but it won't become the AAC or Mountain West.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Neither Clemson nor FSU is an AAU member institution. So the SEC can have them. Unless other institutions decide to leave - UNC and UVA, for example - the loss of two universities would not necessitate the demise of the ACC. It could give ND an ultimatum to go in for all sports. Other possible additions could be UCF and/or USF, UConn, even Temple for the Philadelphia market. This situation - at least right now - is not like the Pac12 where the conference administrators had no clue how to manage the everchanging TV landscape. The ACC's income would certainly drop, if ND doesn't join for all sports, but it won't become the AAC or Mountain West.
I can't see Temple in the ACC. UConn, USF, even Tulane, yes. ACC would have to fall apart completely to add Temple, IMO.

I can't see Temple in the ACC. UConn, USF, even Tulane, yes. ACC would have to fall apart completely to add Temple, IMO.

I can see creating a West Wing with OSU, WSU and San Diego St.

Plus a UConn, USF, Memphis, Tulane. A good 7 potential members if some bolt to the Big12 as well.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Clemson is attacking the GOR differently that FSU. They're just saying it's way too punitive and egregious which is actually the purpose/point of the GOR but Clemson will challenge the nature of it. It remains to be seen how the courts would rule on it.

If FSU/Clemson can eventually knock down the punitive nature of the GOR, it sends a ripple across all conferences but really anyone not named the B10/SEC (assumption no one would leave the B10/SEC).

I've said before I think it's more likely that B12 schools like WVU/UCF come towards the ACC than the other way around because of geographic suitability. I've thought maybe around 2030 when the B12 GOR is up for expiration. But if Clemson/FSU can get the courts to say the GOR is too punitive well then that opens the door for a WVU/UCF to leave the B12 sooner than 2030.

UConn would be out there too, where the ACC might try to create a top basketball conference like the B12.

The pretense of “conference” affiliation, rivalries and college athletics.

It is all a joke and I look forward to what ever and practically inevitable implosion takes place.

🤭🤣
you are going to be waiting a long time as less players means more flows up

This is all just so great.
As much as I dislike PSU and The Hall they never (well maybe PSU going back to the eastern league) screwed us like the Cuse, BC, Pitt stuff. THE original NIL driven screw job.

Last edited:
AAU is preferred, but not mandatory

Reactions: Ridge 22
I cannot see the B1G admitting anyone isn't an AAU school. sd
Baloney. The only reason most are AAU is because at the time the current schools were added, they were also the most profitable. “AAU” is a lovely tale, a tall tale. Coincidence.

The conference presidents call the shots and their first priority is revenue. If a non AAU school adds revenue for the existing schools, it’s in.

Baloney. The only reason most are AAU is because at the time the current schools were added, they were also the most profitable. “AAU” is a lovely tale, a tall tale. Coincidence.

The conference presidents call the shots and their first priority is revenue. If a non AAU school adds revenue for the existing schools, it’s in.
It's not like FSU and Clemson are complete clown colleges anyway. Both are at least in the Top 100 in US News.

As much as I dislike PSU and The Hall they never (well maybe PSU going back to the eastern league) screwed us like the Cuse, BC, Pitt stuff. THE original NIL driven screw job.
I don’t really think Cuse or Pitt screwed us. By the time they left the writing was completely on the wall.

Yup

Not sure if it was Warren or Pettiti, but one of them alluded to AAU not being required. Or maybe Delaney after he retired.

Ouch:

GJExUWGXQAAy4t-

Penn state screwed us as Paterno strung us along with that eastern league football nonsense , which cost us the basketball team not going to the original big east.

Watch.

It's comical to see their fans crying now.
I have never forgotten or forgiven all the shit their fans and the Pitt fans gave us when they blew up the OBE and moved to the ACC. I recall we played Pitt the week after the announcement and how condescending the Pitt fans were and laughing and saying our program was dead. I think their AD was in the yellow lot and their fans were running up to him thanking him for getting them into the ACC. They and the orange idiots are not laughing now.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Ironically, BC and Syracuse laughed at us while they left and Joe Pa was publicly advocating for Rutgers to join the Big Ten. It's interesting to think about this now.

Some of their fans think hiring Superhero Fran will save the day and get them into the B10. They really are the craziest delusional fans.
The only place Fran is taking them is on the road to North Texas and Tulsa in the revamped AAC.. I am sure they will enjoy those new rivalries. Should be a great road trip for their bball fans to Frisco Texas for the AAC tourney, enjoy the Fritos pie orange fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT