ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel 2019

That’s RU like. Firing flood while in a helicopter. You played Thursday, why wait until today. Makes me think they had back room talks
On top of the names mentioned for Ole Miss above, TOS list had some strange names like Mendenhall, Harsin, Fickell...hard to picture them in that job. Also said Aranda being considered a leading candidate per their sources if he reciprocates interest. Even though I've finally seen him say he does want to be a HC recently I still kind of question on how much he does if he does at all.

On top of the names mentioned for Ole Miss above, TOS list had some strange names like Mendenhall, Harsin, Fickell...hard to picture them in that job. Also said Aranda being considered a leading candidate per their sources if he reciprocates interest. Even though I've finally seen him say he does want to be a HC recently I still kind of question on how much he does if he does at all.
Mendenhal isn’t an sec guy. Think he likes the balance of academics and athletics. Fickell will wait for a big job

That’s RU like. Firing flood while in a helicopter. You played Thursday, why wait until today. Makes me think they had back room talks
And don't forget, he was coming back from a visit to Jack Coan on Long Island. That's Wisconsin's QB.
Coan is196/271 (72% completion) for 2309 yards, 17 TDs and 4 INTs

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...bout-wisconsin-backup/tnbQRJcENf7Lvm4BKXhTyL/

Flood did have an eye for talent (just not an arm for reeling it in). Wonder if anyone from Ash's staff ever followed up with him, or since he was not a dual threat, they punted. The other site's crystal ball had Coan 50/50 RU/Northwestern.

Mendenhal isn’t an sec guy. Think he likes the balance of academics and athletics. Fickell will wait for a big job
Yup have mentioned that about Mendenahall he specifically chose UVA for that reason according to an article I’ve read. That’s why I found his and those couple other names strange matches to be mentioned for Ole Miss.

Another Texas school (UNT) cleaning house...Reeder not good enough to replace Harrell and their defense needs improvement. Wonder where Littrell were turn this time.

Didn't see this coming, Chris Petersen stepping down from UW. Is he going to USC, FSU or NFL?

Thamel thinks things are trending towards Helton staying but with some staff changes like DC Pendergast and the ST coach. Also it says it would cost upwards of 20M to let everyone excluding mitigation of future income. Kind of agree if he hasn't been let go by now...why wait if that's the course of action.

Thamel thinks things are trending towards Helton staying but with some staff changes like DC Pendergast and the ST coach. Also it says it would cost upwards of 20M to let everyone excluding mitigation of future income. Kind of agree if he hasn't been let go by now...why wait if that's the course of action.

Helton might just survive.

As I've said Harrell might be returning to Texas. That seems more logical than Brady. Don't know if USC will be able to hang onto him. Helton may have to replace both his DC and OC.

Larry Fedora being brought up at Ole Miss too. He coached at Southern Miss earlier in his career.

I just don’t understand how USC can not make the top 40 in recruiting. That’s a red flag. Have they not spent enough on facilities?
I don’t know what their ranking is but Helton’s tenuous status throughout the year definitely played into their recruiting. Frankly, not sure why that won’t repeat itself again unless he’s winning at a good clip.

Would be big blow to IU if they lose DeBoer...he made a impact on their offense this year.

Reactions: RURM85
Cha ching Allen got a nice bump. I believe his prior compensation was 1.8M. First order of business is to hang onto DeBoer if he somehow can keep him from the Fresno State job if it comes calling.

FSU’s Tomahawk Nation update:

“For the record, we still think Norvell is taking a Florida State offer over any from other prospective suitors— and it sounds like that could include Ole Miss. David Johnson of the Ole Miss Spirit has said that Norvell could be sitting down with the OM AD this week. But again, we think FSU remains in the driver’s seat here.

It looks like the ship has sailed on Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, who signed an extension with the Cyclones, and Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly, who could be preparing to do the same with the Irish. And Penn State’s James Franklin appears unlikely, too.“

Cha ching Allen got a nice bump. I believe his prior compensation was 1.8M. First order of business is to hang onto DeBoer if he somehow can keep him from the Fresno State job if it comes calling.

Coach Allen has done a nice job. Good staff, especially their S&C coaches, and his pipeline into the Tampa area has paid off. Coach Schiano will definitely need to tap into Florida for success.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Come on Tom he interviews so well it's gotta be in the bag. :Wink:

Please hire Chris Ash:
6a00d8341cdd0d53ef010536c844f7970b-320wi

Leavitt would be a good hire for Leach and he’s been in the Pacific Northwest with Oregon.

This was retweeted by Brett McMurphy. I think he's a reporter from one of the Ole Miss sites.

This was retweeted by Brett McMurphy. I think he's a reporter from one of the Ole Miss sites.

Perfect fit for Ole Miss! As the saying goes in the state of Mississippi, everybody thinks the opposing state school is a cheating SOB. That's why I love watching the Egg Bowl. Never a dull moment.

Bajakian was a name I had mentioned might be OC if Jones was hired. Worked with him at CMU/Cincy and first couple years at Tenn. He's a Jersey native.

Hafley mentioned for BC as mentioned in the other thread. Wonder if that happens and OSU can be another landing spot for Ash not just Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT