ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel 2019

Now Football Scoop says it's the Dazzler to CSU

Well that wasn't a name I'd seen tied with CSU anywhere and frankly a name I hadn't seen for any open HC spot. A couple hires out of left field this offseason. Taggart also getting the FAU spot and Chip Long leaving ND... if Gleeson doesn't pan out Chip Long isn't a bad name.

I wonder if geography will matter for Addazio.

Drinkwitz looks like Ernie from My Three Sons
924c1de868cfa9236d4fd23d10351883.png

Kiffin barking up the Briles tree again for OC. First Kendal at FAU which worked very well for the one year together and now Lebby from UCF. He worked under Briles at Baylor too.

edit: thinking about it wonder where Kendal ends up now that Taggart is out at FSU amd Norvell hires his former staffer from Memphis as OC.

Last edited:
We're just about in line with what FSU paid Norvell....I think our salary pool may be in the same vicinity if you remove what I think is likely a generous 2.7M out of the total 7.7M for support staff.

Last edited:
As it stands now, if Barry Odom does NOT become the HC at Memphis, he is the top candidate for DC at Arkansas.
Yup I saw one of their current assistants is getting support to be promoted to HC.

I think Odom would be a good DC for you guys. Any names you’ve heard as possible OC.

Not bad fending off what one might think would be a better opportunity at ASU vs Oregon State. ...Zak Hill would be a solid choice too if they could pull that off.

EDIT: Came across this too..nice job by Smith/Lindgren

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve posted Kiffin’s contract and also a look at the salary pool for assistants and support staff.... again we compare favorably and my generous guess of 2.7M of the 7.7M for support staff doesn’t seem too bad. Ole Miss is at 2.2M for support staff.

From the article:

The university released the terms of Kiffin's contract Monday morning. Kiffin is set to earn $16.2 million over the course of a four-year deal that extends through Dec. 31, 2023. He will be paid $3.9 million in 2020 and that total will increase by $100,000 every year until his contract is set for $4.2 million in 2023.

Ole Miss has allotted Kiffin $5.3 million to pay his 10 assistant coaches. He also gets $2.2 million to pay five other football staffers, including strength and conditioning coaches, analysts, football operations staffers and recruiting staffers.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...l-coach-will-make-at-least-16-2-m/2631052001/

It’s in other threads but just to throw it in here too. Only two FBS opening left...New Mexico and Fresno State.

Well Barry Odom as Arkansas DC is official now....good hire for them. If they can hire Chip Long too nice combo for them.

EDIT: His salary as Arkansas DC will be 1.2M.

Last edited:
Looks like no going back home for Harrell. Bumped to 1.2M in a multi year deal. He’s staying at USC and Texas will have to keep looking. Not likely they will get Joe Brady either he was less likely than Harrell IMO.

Kalen DeBoer next HC at Fresno State....tough loss for Allen at IU. Solid impact on the offense in one season.

it appears that HC Sam Pittman has learned from Ed Oregeron on the methodology for building a program.
Hire the best coordinators available, and recruit nonstop!
Well Orgeron inherited Aranda and luckily LSU has the pockets to keep him and anyone else from going just anywhere. It took him 3 tries to finally find a good one in Brady. Not as easy as it sounds if you're a program without deep pockets...first you got to identify the right guy and then if he ends up being good have to be able to either hang on to him or find a worthy replacement.

Long, Briles, Applewhite interviewing for the OC spot and maybe others.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-the-arkansas-offensive-coordinator-search/

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well as far as FBS HC spots the carousel is stopped for now and looks like Herm has to replace his DC too in addition to the OC spot he just filled.

Well as far as FBS HC spots the carousel is stopped for now and looks like Herm has to replace his DC too in addition to the OC spot he just filled.

New Mexico made a nice move.
The Sun Devils lost a major reason for
Herm's success at ASU.
Marvin Lewis ( ex Bengal HC) probably will replace him .

ESPN. Had a premium article that graded all the coaching hires. Anyone know what RUngot graded for schiano.

What happened to Hue Jackson joining Herm as OC?
Lat thing I heard about him, and the ASU OC position is the same as everyone else: he was considered to be Herm's probable choice or at least one of the ones Edwards was strongly considering.
My guess:
Could be Jackson wants back in the pro game as an OC and isn't to hot on being a College OC until he's sure a pro job not coming his way
Which is confusing to me because he was let go by the Bengals, in January, after a brief stint in an unspecified role there after the Browns fired him.

Last edited:
Lat thing I heard about him, and the ASU OC position is the same as everyone else: he was considered to be Herm's probable choice or at least one of the ones Edwards was strongly considering.
My guess:
Could be Jackson wants back in the pro game as an OC and isn't to hot on being a College OC until he's sure a pro job not coming his way
Which is confusing to me because he was let go by the Bengals, in January, after a brief stint in an unspecified role there after the Browns fired him.
Marvin Lewis has been on the sidelines for ASU in some advisory role...wonder if he’d consider being DC. You’d think not but who knows.

Don’t know but Herm hired the Boise State OC Zak Hill.
I completely spaced out on that when I was replying about Hue.
Knew Hill was hired as the OC, but forgot
duh !!!!!!!!!!

( EDIT) as for Lewis, I figured when he took the advisory role he wanted to stay in the game and would be willing to take a college position.
This ASU DC opening might be a good way to do that.

I completely spaced out on that when I was replying about Hue.
Knew Hill was hired as the OC, but forgot
duh !!!!!!!!!!
Wanna talk about spaced out didn’t even see your response to my post. Yea Lewis is a possibility but wonder would he want to be a college DC after being a fairly successful NFL HC.

Wanna talk about spaced out didn’t even see your response to my post. Yea Lewis is a possibility but wonder would he want to be a college DC after being a fairly successful NFL HC.
I think Lewis might think one year at ASU might bring some college HC openings if he can't get nibbles from the pros about jobs he wants there

ASU’s Secondary coach and defensive passing game coordinator Tony White has been elevated to defensive coordinator and linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator Antonio Pierce has been given the added label of assistant head coach.

There goes my guess that Lewis would move into the DC spot.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT