ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big public information forum tonight in OCNJ. Lots of media. Should be interesting
Lots of people acting like they know something they don't. As with everything these days, whatever the truth happens to be half won't accept it.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Lots of people acting like they know something they don't. As with everything these days, whatever the truth happens to be half won't accept it.

We don’t know what we don’t know

You don’t think people are getting paid off to ram this down our throats? Yes it’s politics as usual Jersey style
You don’t think people are getting paid off to ram this down our throats? Yes it’s politics as usual Jersey style
And you want to believe politicians with an agenda? I'll lean toward the real scientists and experts, not someone who's main interest is saying whatever he believes will get him reelected.

If the science says it the windmills, I'm with ya but there's no evidence at all. Matter of fact, evidence says the opposite if anything.

And you want to believe politicians with an agenda? I'll lean toward the real scientists and experts, not someone who's main interest is saying whatever he believes will get him reelected.

If the science says it the windmills, I'm with ya but there's no evidence at all. Matter of fact, evidence says the opposite if anything.
Regardless of whales this whole concept that windmills are “green” is a farce

Regardless of whales this whole concept that windmills are “green” is a farce
Then why drag whales into it? For sympathy when one has nothing to do with the other it seems?

In 2019 alone there were something like 22 dead whales off Alaska and a total of over 30 counting the Northwest coast. No windmills there in 2019 that I know of

As I've said I'm not a windmill guy but resent people using living things for political purposes when they didn't seem to care before.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
Then why drag whales into it? For sympathy when one has nothing to do with the other it seems?

In 2019 alone there were something like 22 dead whales off Alaska and a total of over 30 counting the Northwest coast. No windmills there in 2019 that I know of

As I've said I'm not a windmill guy but resent people using living things for political purposes when they didn't seem to care before.

You are comparing whale deaths in Alaska to NJ?! As someone who lives at the beach you should know it was always a big deal if a whale washed up on the beach, it may happen once every few years. The fact we have had about 20 this year is a bit odd. As they are suggesting, put a pause on the work and see if the whale deaths continue or let a 3rd party do the necropsy, not the govt who no one trusts anymore. For them to say, we don't know whats causing the deaths but we know its not this, doesn't really add up for most people. For me the whales are just another reason this is a bad idea, there are so many more beyond that.

There are much better options for clean energy instead of this disaster that no one knows anything about or what cause and effect it will have. Once these go up, there are plans to put these up from New England to NC, so they need to do their homework beforehand, not after.

More info here:

You are comparing whale deaths in Alaska to NJ?! As someone who lives at the beach you should know it was always a big deal if a whale washed up on the beach, it may happen once every few years. The fact we have had about 20 this year is a bit odd. As they are suggesting, put a pause on the work and see if the whale deaths continue or let a 3rd party do the necropsy, not the govt who no one trusts anymore. For them to say, we don't know whats causing the deaths but we know its not this, doesn't really add up for most people. For me the whales are just another reason this is a bad idea, there are so many more beyond that.

There are much better options for clean energy instead of this disaster that no one knows anything about or what cause and effect it will have. Once these go up, there are plans to put these up from New England to NC, so they need to do their homework beforehand, not after.

More info here:

You are wasting time. If Joe Joe wants it, they want it.

You are wasting time. If Joe Joe wants it, they want it.
Like I said, I'm not a windmill person. It will affect my area too.

I'm simply against trying to blame the death wer're seeing on something that most likely has nothing to do with it.

I'm against attacking the Marine Mammal Stranding Center, a non profit whose job is the help and protect, for using science to tell the truth.

When did science become a curse word? Where were you people when the previous administration wanted to put oil rigs in the same spots?

Last edited:
Reactions: ManasquanMike

I'm simply against trying to blame the death wer're seeing on something that most likely has nothing to do with it.

I'm against attacking the Marine Mammal Stranding Center, a non profit whose job is the help and protect, for using science to tell the truth.

When did science become a curse word? Where were you people when the previous administration wanted to put oil rigs in the same spots?

Where are these so called oil rigs you speak of? I'm not aware of any off the coast of NJ

I don’t even live in Manasquan any longer. For the “they will be an eyesore” people. There are links where the Offshore Wind teams show you what they will look like (hint, you can barely see them, the ships in the channel are more visible). As far as Squan, the only thing proposed and it’s happening are the transmission cables being brought onshore at the Army Camp in SG. You can see all of the markouts on SG Ave, heading West to the Larrabee substation in Howell. No plans for windmills off of squan.

I don’t even live in Manasquan any longer. For the “they will be an eyesore” people. There are links where the Offshore Wind teams show you what they will look like (hint, you can barely see them, the ships in the channel are more visible). As far as Squan, the only thing proposed and it’s happening are the transmission cables being brought onshore at the Army Camp in SG. You can see all of the markouts on SG Ave, heading West to the Larrabee substation in Howell. No plans for windmills off of squan.

We can agree to cancel windmills in the Squan area if they put in a real bridge on Brielle Rd

Reactions: knightfan7
Eventually they will run from CT to NC

For Immediate Release
March 16, 2023
(202) 225-6572​
HEARING ADVISORY: An Examination Into Offshore Wind Industrialization

Wildwood, NJ - Congressman Van Drew will hold a hearing on March 16, 2023, at 2:00 PM EST, entitled "An Examination into Offshore Wind Industrialization." The purpose of the hearing is to gather testimony from experts in pertinent industries and groups that are affected by offshore wind development. The hearing will be conducted as a typical congressional hearing, including expert testimony and questioning.

WHO: Congressman Jeff Van Drew (R-NJ-02), Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ-04), Congressman Andy Harris (R-MD-01), and Congressman Scott Perry (R-PA-10)

WHAT: Hearing on Offshore Wind Industrialization Along the East Coast

WHEN: Thursday, March 16, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. EST.

WHERE: Wildwoods Convention Center, 4501 Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ 08260

WITNESSES:
  • Meghan Lapp, Fisheries Liaison, Seafreeze
  • David T. Stevenson, Director, Center for Energy & Environmental Policy at Caesar Rodney Institute
  • Cindy Zipf, Executive Director, Clean Ocean Action
  • Daniel LaVecchia, Owner, LaMonica Fine Foods
  • Bob Stern, PhD, Former Director, Office of Environmental Compliance at U.S. Department of Energy
  • Mike Donohue, Former NJ Superior Court Judge

WATCH: The hearing will be livestreamed here: https://www.youtube.com/live/j9MY7G8pi5M?feature=share

NOTE: RSVP for the hearing here. Submit written testimony and questions to NJ02JV.RSVP@mail.house.gov.

NOTE: Plenty of seating is available, but doors open at 1:30 p.m. EST. No promotional materials are to be distributed in the hearing room.
###​

For Immediate Release
March 16, 2023

(202) 225-6572​
HEARING ADVISORY: An Examination Into Offshore Wind Industrialization

Wildwood, NJ - Congressman Van Drew will hold a hearing on March 16, 2023, at 2:00 PM EST, entitled "An Examination into Offshore Wind Industrialization." The purpose of the hearing is to gather testimony from experts in pertinent industries and groups that are affected by offshore wind development. The hearing will be conducted as a typical congressional hearing, including expert testimony and questioning.

WHO: Congressman Jeff Van Drew (R-NJ-02), Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ-04), Congressman Andy Harris (R-MD-01), and Congressman Scott Perry (R-PA-10)

WHAT: Hearing on Offshore Wind Industrialization Along the East Coast

WHEN: Thursday, March 16, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. EST.

WHERE: Wildwoods Convention Center, 4501 Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ 08260

WITNESSES:
  • Meghan Lapp, Fisheries Liaison, Seafreeze
  • David T. Stevenson, Director, Center for Energy & Environmental Policy at Caesar Rodney Institute
  • Cindy Zipf, Executive Director, Clean Ocean Action
  • Daniel LaVecchia, Owner, LaMonica Fine Foods
  • Bob Stern, PhD, Former Director, Office of Environmental Compliance at U.S. Department of Energy
  • Mike Donohue, Former NJ Superior Court Judge

WATCH: The hearing will be livestreamed here: https://www.youtube.com/live/j9MY7G8pi5M?feature=share

NOTE: RSVP for the hearing here. Submit written testimony and questions to NJ02JV.RSVP@mail.house.gov.

NOTE: Plenty of seating is available, but doors open at 1:30 p.m. EST. No promotional materials are to be distributed in the hearing room.
###​
Good to see these sorts of bipartisan events aimed at objective fact-finding and solutions as opposed to the typical partisan agenda-focused propaganda events.

Oh. Wait. 🙂

I can't help but notice that they omitted experts on alien sightings. Seems unwise given how we can all be certain that it's alien research spaceships, mapping the Atlantic seabed off the NJ coast, that are causing the whale deaths with their alien mapping technologies which are widely understood to be deadly to sea-mammals.

What? Y'all said it yourselves. We don't know what we don't know.

There's every bit as much fact and science supporting the alien spacecraft theory as there is the wind-turbine theory. So the hearing should include that, along with experts on all the other potential causes for which, like wind-turbines, there is no evidence. Include at least one expert for each of the 3,527 potential causes for which we have no proof they're not the problem.

Van Drew and Smith are not impartial observers. Like any poiltician from ANY PARTY, their #1 concern is the next election. Representing most coastal communities they're not going to say a thing to tick the people off.

Good to see these sorts of bipartisan events aimed at objective fact-finding and solutions as opposed to the typical partisan agenda-focused propaganda events.

Oh. Wait. 🙂

I can't help but notice that they omitted experts on alien sightings. Seems unwise given how we can all be certain that it's alien research spaceships, mapping the Atlantic seabed off the NJ coast, that are causing the whale deaths with their alien mapping technologies which are widely understood to be deadly to sea-mammals.

What? Y'all said it yourselves. We don't know what we don't know.

There's every bit as much fact and science supporting the alien spacecraft theory as there is the wind-turbine theory. So the hearing should include that, along with experts on all the other potential causes for which, like wind-turbines, there is no evidence. Include at least one expert for each of the 3,527 potential causes for which we have no proof they're not the problem.

agreed, but no one said they weren't invited. Just like last nights meeting Orsted was invited but didn't show up

Would love to hear some of the pro windmill people's thoughts on why its good

agreed, but no one said they weren't invited. Just like last nights meeting Orsted was invited but didn't show up

Would love to hear some of the pro windmill people's thoughts on why its good
I'm not pro but I know and you know but won't expect you to answer honestly

I'm not pro but I know and you know but won't expect you to answer honestly
My extraordinarily detailed and thoroughly researched opinion on the subject is this: if windmills are good enough for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to include them, then they're good enough for me.

And of course there's always this (a convincing argument if ever I saw one):

paul george nba GIF by SB Nation

It's intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that windmills are awesome.

I rest my case. Now we can close the thread.

• Haha
Reactions: knightfan7
I actually don't know why the push for them, other than there is a lot of $$ at stake which in NJ usually means someone is getting paid.

It seems there are more cons than pros
Cons?

My objection is a certain group has jumped on the killing whales bandwagon with absolutely no proof when the real reason is what we typically see these days......Doesn't matter what it is, if "they" want it, I don't.

I said proposed.

I wouldn't take that article seriously.

Regardless of how many flaws the evil fossil fuel companies may have, it's uncharacteristic of them to put offshore oil rigs in places where there's no oil.

There is no oil off the coast of NJ.

I said proposed.

Regardless of how many flaws the evil fossil fuel companies may have, it's uncharacteristic of them to put offshore oil rigs in places where there's no oil.

This is Trump we're talking about, though. So the fact that there's no oil there would never deter him from stating, loudly and obnoxiously, that he wants to put oil rigs there. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT