ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simped meaning defended poorly without reason.

First of all the Twitter files "missed" that Trump asked for tweets to be deleted. President Biden did not.

Second of all, Twitter is a private company. If they wanted to delete right wing tweets they could. Much like Elon bans left wing accounts now because he doesn't believe in freedom of speech.

Pretty sure "libs" believe in freedom of speech. I think it's people like Ron DeSanctimonious that do not. Can you point me to a blue state governor that is banning books, AP classes, classroom discussion, trying to force bloggers to register, making it easier for pols to sue journalists?

We've been hearing "Dems are leaving the party" for how long now. Gee, seemed to work real well...let's see here...Dems have overperformed in absolutely every election from 2017 on. Including in November having one of the best elections for the in power party in decades. It's just not true.

What people like Taibbi represent is a very online discourse of simping and whataboutism. They are clearly paid. But let them do their thing. Because it's having the opposite effect at the ballot box. Every time a Taibbi opens his mouth, or someone says "Twitter files" and "Hunter's laptop" is another vote by disaffected Republican for a Katie Hobbs, a John Fetterman, and yes President Biden. It's another vote for stopping the absolute derangement of right wing victimhood. No one cares that Qanon and Antivax and whoever else plays the victim on Twitter feels hurt. No one is stopping their speech. We actually have more than enough of it.

Oh and in the greatest flash of irony...this thread will be mothballed by the actions of people who absolutely love Taibbi. Just wait lol.
There is so much wrong with what you have written above. I don't have time to address it all. You would do well to stop with all the labeling and name-calling, which seems to be idolizing and modelling the orange-man you hate.

Interesting.. so Schnellenberger who was a lifelong Dem loses credibility because he uses common sense on crt and woke. Yet the climate change people seem more like a religion than anything else. As if science is not politicized by the left for every movement..now adding gender to the list
That's not it at all. The issue is when scientists start getting involved in all kinds of purely political causes (on the left or right), then their credibility can be at issue. I addressed what I thought of Schnellenberger's scientific content on nuclear vs. alternative energies (agreeing with some of his points, but faulting him for being very biased in not pointing out the flaws/risks of nuclear), but when a guy like him starts ranting about woke/CRT, which are highly political issues, then I start to wonder about their motivations. It's why I also tend to ignore the more strident folks on the left who try to lump together every social justice issue imaginable when arguing about climate change. It's not that scientists can't have political positions/opinions, but when they start to become more active politically than scientifically, it's a red flag to me. The vast majority of the climate, COVID, medical, energy, etc. scientists that I respect the most are usually not very active politically and stick to their areas of expertise.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
It's a shame, but I predict thread lockage in under 1 hour and will be amazed if it's still going in about 10 hours, when I'll be back on-line - I'm retired, have fun stuff to do away from home...
Brady Bunch K GIF

I don’t know what the definitions of simp or woke are.

Can someone provide the common definition for both

For example am I woke because I have empathy for people facing difficulties?

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
That's not it at all. The issue is when scientists start getting involved in all kinds of purely political causes (on the left or right), then their credibility can be at issue. I addressed what I thought of Schnellenberger's scientific content on nuclear vs. alternative energies (agreeing with some of his points, but faulting him for being very biased in not pointing out the flaws/risks of nuclear), but when a guy like him starts ranting about woke/CRT, which are highly political issues, then I start to wonder about their motivations. It's why I also tend to ignore the more strident folks on the left who try to lump together every social justice issue imaginable when arguing about climate change. It's not that scientists can't have political positions/opinions, but when they start to become more active politically than scientifically, it's a red flag to me. The vast majority of the climate, COVID, medical, energy, etc. scientists that I respect the most are usually not very active politically and stick to their areas of expertise.

lol no self awareness eh

lets start with medical professionals and scientists all saying the blm protesting was so much more important to mental health than worrying about covid....lmfao...spin away

when scientists are giving awards to a mentally challenged 16 year old yeah that is political

Whelp, strap it on, the Middle East is heating up again,drone attacks,counter attacks by the USA against Issis, where have I heard that name before? Billions of dollars worth of weapons available for sale in Afghanistan left by the nitwit. Nothing to see here, Joe Joe will never get blamed.It could have happened to any President, hellooooo!!!

Whelp, strap it on, the Middle East is heating up again,drone attacks,counter attacks by the USA against Issis, where have I heard that name before? Billions of dollars worth of weapons available for sale in Afghanistan left by the nitwit. Nothing to see here, Joe Joe will never get blamed.It could have happened to any President, hellooooo!!!

well the past those on the left were always about non intervention, now they have flags in their bios supporting it

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
lol no self awareness eh

lets start with medical professionals and scientists all saying the blm protesting was so much more important to mental health than worrying about covid....lmfao...spin away

when scientists are giving awards to a mentally challenged 16 year old yeah that is political
I heard a kid wants to transition into a Mermaid and wants to have web feet and a tail added. He has instructed his parents to fill up the bathtub with water and make it his bedroom.I would imagine some would actuality defend this,lol😉

Last edited:
Haha, this thread!! At least the whales they just dig a humongous hole and bury them. But ohhh man now that job must stink!
Yeah, whales are really just incompatible with land, unless it's maybe an uninhabited island.

What does Trans, gas stoves, drone attacks, Mermaids, Afghanistan,BLM, Covid, Schnellenberger, Trump, woke, asleep and Biden have in common with whales?

It was a silly thread anyhow.

Reactions: fsg2
What does Trans, gas stoves, drone attacks, Mermaids, Afghanistan,BLM, Covid, Schnellenberger, Trump, woke, asleep and Biden have in common with whales?

It was a silly thread anyhow.
Maybe, but more importantly, it's also a great example or referendum on education, because it's a splendid example of how the majority of posters here truly lack the ability to think critically or objectively.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I just want to say I’m still against windmills and I’M SO PROUD OF THIS THREAD I STARTED!!! Hall of fame thread for sure
Will give you credit for a fun thread, but I think, perhaps, you're just tilting at windmills here (heh-heh).

Amazed the thread is still going. And to take it even further off topic, Bob Burger was incredible, as usual, tonight at Hailey's in Metuchen. That guy should be playing in front of hundreds or thousands, not dozens. If you've never seen him, he does incredible covers (especially of the Beatles) and has plenty of good solo material and stuff with his band the Weeklings (who also do a lot of Beatles covers).

If you love the Beatles, you have to see him. He probably did about 8-9 Beatles songs tonight (he had a 2nd guitarist with him tonight, Jimmy Leahy) and covers of bands from the Stones to Tom Petty to Dylan to Todd Rundgren to Johnny Cash and more, as well as a few originals. Below is a clip from a few years ago of him doing, I've Just Seen a Face. He also tells a great story of how one night his band was hired by Bon Jovi for a party and McCartney showed up and eventually came up on stage and Paul asked Bob what they should play and Bob said "Long Tall Sally" and Paul smiled and said yeah, let's do it. Bob later said it was very surreal playing Beatles covers while Paul was on the dance floor shouting out his own lyrics, lol.

Last edited:
Will give you credit for a fun thread, but I think, perhaps, your just tilting at windmills here (heh-heh).

Amazed the thread is still going. And to take it even further off topic, Bob Burger was incredible, as usual, tonight at Hailey's in Metuchen. That guy should be playing in front of hundreds or thousands, not dozens. If you've never seen him, he does incredible covers (especially of the Beatles) and has plenty of good solo material and stuff with his band the Weeklings (who also do a lot of Beatles covers).

If you love the Beatles, you have to see him. He probably did about 8-9 Beatles songs tonight (he had a 2nd guitarist with him tonight, Jimmy Leahy) and covers of bands from the Stones to Tom Petty to Dylan to Todd Rundgren to Johnny Cash and more, as well as a few originals. Below is a clip from a few years ago of him doing, I've Just Seen a Face. He also tells a great story of how one night his band was hired by Bon Jovi for a party and McCartney showed up and eventually came up on stage and Paul asked Bob what they should play and Bob said "Long Tall Sally" and Paul smiled and said yeah, let's do it. Bob later said it was very surreal playing Beatles covers while Paul was on the dance floor shouting out his own lyrics, lol.

Speaking of the Beatles. We were at Docks Oyster House in AC last night which is just incredible. They usually have a piano player and we happened to be at the piano bar and got to talking to this old timer who grew up in Jersey City and was playing a lot of Beatles songs. Turns out he used to write the jingles for some of the Merck drugs back in the day He even belted out a couple of them

Speaking of the Beatles. We were at Docks Oyster House in AC last night which is just incredible. They usually have a piano player and we happened to be at the piano bar and got to talking to this old timer who grew up in Jersey City and was playing a lot of Beatles songs. Turns out he used to write the jingles for some of the Merck drugs back in the day He even belted out a couple of them
Sounds pretty cool. Love Dock's. We go there most years during our stay in OCNJ.

There is so much wrong with what you have written above. I don't have time to address it all. You would do well to stop with all the labeling and name-calling, which seems to be idolizing and modelling the orange-man you hate.

Feel free to attempt to refute whatever you wish though I don't think you'll be able.

A real both sides issues around free speech is TikTok. Not a pseudo journalist paid by a billionaire to advance his political views.

I don’t know what the definitions of simp or woke are.

Can someone provide the common definition for both

For example am I woke because I have empathy for people facing difficulties?

A simp is someone who poorly defends someone who they perceive to be powerful because they cannot properly articulate themselves.

You have your Musk simps, your Tater Tots, Jordan Jock Sniffers, and of course the CEsspool.

Everyone needs to make sacrifices to support green energy initiatives, especially those who voted for Murphy.

As long as these wind farms are not visible from the beaches of Manasquan we can all live with it.
But can the marine life???? Just because it works for you and does not inconvenience you does not mean it is not harming the marine life.....just food for thought no fish...no life

Feel free to attempt to refute whatever you wish though I don't think you'll be able.

A real both sides issues around free speech is TikTok. Not a pseudo journalist paid by a billionaire to advance his political views.
I don't even know where to begin to respond to half the stuff you said because it is so riddled with bald, unsupported assertions, slings, barbs, insults and nonsensical whataboutisms. I suggest you go back and look what Taibbi has written about. You use the playbook here to a T-- don't like what a person says, so you choose to smear them by association with a boogeyman (Trump/DeSantis/Mus/Insert your most hated guy on the right) and then raise whataboutisms about your boogeymen.

A lot of your posts just leave me like this guy:

HeartfeltOldfashionedAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: newell138
I don't even know where to begin to respond to half the stuff you said because it is so riddled with bald, unsupported assertions, slings, barbs, insults and nonsensical whataboutisms. I suggest you go back and look what Taibbi has written about. You use the playbook here to a T-- don't like what a person says, so you choose to smear them by association with a boogeyman (Trump/DeSantis/Mus/Insert your most hated guy on the right) and then raise whataboutisms about your boogeymen.

A lot of your posts just leave me like this guy:

HeartfeltOldfashionedAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Huh? I didn't mention any politician in this last post. Who pays Taibbi? It's not any politician I'm aware of.

Now, the person who pays him told people to vote a certain way. Doesn't seem very both sided.

I'll take a look Taibbi's work again. Do you recommend where he talks about paying for sex in Russia or should I stick to where he missed one the greatest censorship stories in modern US history on the platform he claims is censored?

I am very much for free speech. I also understand Twitter (or this site) is a private platform and can allow the content of its choice. Do you disagree with that?

This is a perfect example of the kind of stupid memes that have made the internet and social media such a cesspool of drek. Trying to associate Murphy with the deaths of dolphins is simply idiotic.
agree 100% and you and I would be more in line on many things if you saw the irony here with past comments and positions you made regarding politicians and positions you don't like. It's the hypocrisy that is profound, not the stupidity of social media as that stupidity has always been there in one form or another.

you've got some good points in this thread however, dare I say you may be drifting to the moderate end of the pool having found the error your past sins? lol (I say this laughing and jokingly of course in fun)

Reactions: bac2therac
But can the marine life???? Just because it works for you and does not inconvenience you does not mean it is not harming the marine life.....just food for thought no fish...no life
look, the reality is that most of what we do harms marine life but the issue is really that wind farms really don't produce the energy people think they do nor are they good for the environment. I'd prefer more wave and tidal energy facilities and Nuke as that tech has come a long way.

This is a perfect example of the kind of stupid memes that have made the internet and social media such a cesspool of drek. Trying to associate Murphy with the deaths of dolphins is simply idiotic.
Why??? You have turbine motors that operate at a frequency and generate vibration which is then translated into the water. Sound & vibration travel thru water 5X as much as it does thru air which means it is more amplified & more efficient than thru the air. How do you know that marine life is not disoriented by the vibration & frequency generated to and thru the water. I'm assuming these are floating units and not anchored into ocean bed which would in turn increase the vibration & frequency. You are talking about what 200-300Ft blades right

Peeps in this world need to stop with the naieveity. Just because NOAA says it doesnt affect marine life doesnt make it so. In my life anytime you inject an outside variable into a place where it does not normally occur there is a 100% chance someone or something is going to be affected.

Last edited:
It was posted to show just how sensitive snowflakes are to anything that isn't a shot at Conservatives. You got semi's over every funny and sometimes to me also hilarious memes about Trump. Difference is I found the humour in many, you guys go off complaining about it on The View. Go track some tornadoes and post a War and Peace thread.

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT