ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You literally made my point with your response but go on thinking you have it all figured out.

What don't I have figured out?

Let's try again. Show me actual evidence of cetacean morbidity & mortality linked to specific things that are actually happening. I'd be interested. As I've said, I'm not against exploring anything that is a threat to marine life but the anti-windmill sudden save the whales crowd has yet to produce anything substantive.

Since the underwater sonar work has been completed for the wind mills then any future whales dying are unrelated. If the whales died from the sonar work, the wind mills should move forward Or the whales died for no purpose.

I think that the shore towns should dedicate a memorial for the dead whales.

Oh, we are building new nuclear plants and they will be ready in 2030 and way more expensive than wind power.

Right on cue.

Did ChatGPT write this for you?
41kbeq.jpg

Experts, experts they are everywhere,lol. No need to even try to follow the science since they have already ruled on this topic. Oh boy, another one of my memes that will burn someone's arse as not funny,but I find hilarious. Sorry if this causes anybody's intellectual superior "head to explode".

Last edited:
It's definitely a lifestyle to be over 50+, with multiple handles on message board that you use to call people "hateful" repeatedly and then falsely call them gay like a 5th grader LMAO.

A sad lifestyle, but a lifestyle nonetheless.

It's definitely a lifestyle to be over 50+, with multiple handles on message board that you use to call people "hateful" repeatedly and then falsely call them gay like a 5th grader LMAO.

A sad lifestyle, but a lifestyle nonetheless.
I believe the individual has multiple handles because he was banned several times but he has been better lately, believe it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotInRHouse
Nice video

It points out that commercial shipping, military exercises and oil and gas exploration cause ocean noise pollution. It also highlights specific areas of the ocean they want to advocate for a reduction of this problem.

Never bring up the construction of windmills as a big problem and does not highlight the east coast of the US as a problem area.

I guess you want commercial shipping, naval military exercises and oil and gas exploration stopped. Once that happens I guess windmills become a significant issue.

Nice video

It points out that commercial shipping, military exercises and oil and gas exploration cause ocean noise pollution. It also highlights specific areas of the ocean they want to advocate for a reduction of this problem.

Never bring up the construction of windmills as a big problem and does not highlight the east coast of the US as a problem area.

I guess you want commercial shipping, naval military exercises and oil and gas exploration stopped. Once that happens I guess windmills become a significant issue.
Is it true since the start of the pandemic NY Harbor has been the busiest in the US? If so, more ships could possibly mean more accidents.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
Is it true since the start of the pandemic NY Harbor has been the busiest in the US? If so, more ships could possibly mean more accidents.
The other thing that's happened recently is that the new bridge to Staten Island now allows Panamax ships to call at Bayonne and Port Newark. Big uptick in the number and size of vessels.

Nice video

Did you miss the part about sonar use? Yes, there are lots of reasons and we do not fully understand nor try to remedy any of the problems.

maybe we should. and discussing how sonar surveys could play a part when you see increased whale deaths could help.. while assuming it is not a problem is just more of the same kicking the can down the road.

The other thing that's happened recently is that the new bridge to Staten Island now allows Panamax ships to call at Bayonne and Port Newark. Big uptick in the number and size of vessels.
I think the Bayonne ports are not on the Newark bay side... but Port Newark obviously is. Bayonne could always take anything that fits under the Verrazano and at whatever depths they can handle. Raising the Bayonne bridge allowed larger ships to head around Bayonne and into Newark bay.

Hmmm.. maybe they built new ports on the bay in Bayonne? Checked a map.. nope.. but they seem to have done a lot of landfill down by the bridge. 1st street is probably not the first street anymore.

Last edited:
Senator Menendez is on the case. He's investigating on the beaches of the Dominican Republic with his buddy Dr. Melgen. Senator Booker is on it too. They are taking a different approach than their colleagues from the other side of the aisle.

"Sens. Cory Booker and Bob Menendez, both Democrats from New Jersey, wrote to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, on Tuesday regarding the recent deaths of numerous humpbacks and North Atlantic right whales.

They joined Sens. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, Jeff Merkley of Oregon and Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island in calling for additional federal resources for NOAA to investigate the deaths and clearer details on when information about the necropsy results would be shared publicly."

"There are fewer than 340 (North Atlantic right whales) remaining, including fewer than 70 breeding females, and without action, the (North Atlantic right whale) will likely go extinct."

Senator Menendez is on the case. He's investigating on the beaches of the Dominican Republic with his buddy Dr. Melgen. Senator Booker is on it too. They are taking a different approach than their colleagues from the other side of the aisle.

"Sens. Cory Booker and Bob Menendez, both Democrats from New Jersey, wrote to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, on Tuesday regarding the recent deaths of numerous humpbacks and North Atlantic right whales.

They joined Sens. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, Jeff Merkley of Oregon and Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island in calling for additional federal resources for NOAA to investigate the deaths and clearer details on when information about the necropsy results would be shared publicly."

"There are fewer than 340 (North Atlantic right whales) remaining, including fewer than 70 breeding females, and without action, the (North Atlantic right whale) will likely go extinct."

Our 2 senators finally woke up from their slumber. The only time you hear about them doing anything is around election time, a Trump impeachment or a house fire in Newark.

Our 2 senators finally woke up from their slumber. The only time you hear about them doing anything is around election time, a Trump impeachment or a house fire in Newark.
It's nice to see both parties coming together for a common cause. Whales. If they could only do that for their constituents. Whales must have a huge amount of lobbying influence.

It's nice to see both parties coming together for a common cause. Whales. If they could only do that for their constituents. Whales must have a huge amount of lobbying influence.
Probably planning to use it as a scare tactic against Orsted hoping they make a “donation” to their campaign so they back off

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Did you miss the part about sonar use? Yes, there are lots of reasons and we do not fully understand nor try to remedy any of the problems.

maybe we should. and discussing how sonar surveys could play a part when you see increased whale deaths could help.. while assuming it is not a problem is just more of the same kicking the can down the road.
No I did not miss it. It named specific areas of sonar use without mentioning windmills.

I am sure they want to end sonar use for windmills after it is ended for oil and gas exploration

No I did not miss it. It named specific areas of sonar use without mentioning windmills.

I am sure they want to end sonar use for windmills after it is ended for oil and gas exploration
who is "they" in your message?

this idea that all those who are against offshore windmills are FOR offshore oil exploration is simply wrong. sure, pro-oil people will find and support anything they think of as an ally.. but Kamala's favorite Venn diagram overlap area would not be as large as the use of "they" might imply.

who is "they" in your message?

this idea that all those who are against offshore windmills are FOR offshore oil exploration is simply wrong. sure, pro-oil people will find and support anything they think of as an ally.. but Kamala's favorite Venn diagram overlap area would not be as large as the use of "they" might imply.
He should be getting a visit from the IRS any day now.lol. April 7th at Count Basie in Red Bank. April 21st in AC if you dig country music and a love of country.

Last edited:
Here is the report.

Here is the report.

Season 3 Lol GIF by The Office

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Here is the report.

I’m realize I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, but he will happily dispose of any information that doesn’t support whatever narrative he’s adopted.

He is a narrative over reality type. IMO, there’s never any point in engaging such folks in any serious way. Trolling them is more satisfying, albeit childish. 😀

Here is the report.

If birds can avoid wind turbines, i'm guessing whales and dolphins can avoid ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT