ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/14-9/16 Thurs-Sat

I haven’t watched the game but if Maryland isn’t looking good then between the MSU turmoil and Maryland there’s an opportunity for win 6 or even 7.
The O is starting to get going, well let's call it what it is, Taulia or bust, but their D is suspect.

Last edited:
Army up 17-7 on UTSA. I believe UTSA starting qb Frank Harris is out.

BTW Army in talks to join the AAC but Navy game would still be non conference and at the end of the year if the do decide to join.

Announcers aren’t at the Maryland/UVA game I guess

UVA is playing a different qb than their previous two games? Maybe that’s why they look better.

Reactions: Knight Shift
UVA has a 34yr old kicker, didn’t know that.

UTSA throws a Hail Mary from about mid field for a TD to end the half.

20-14 Army

Reactions: thegock
If not for Virginia mistakes they could be winning this game. QB trips on wide open draw, WR drops wide open TD and giving up the Kick return for TD.

UTSA tries an onsides kick after a TD and looks like they recovered but under review to see if it went 10yds. Army up 23-21

UTSA tries an onsides kick after a TD and looks like they recovered but under review to see if it went 10yds. Army up 23-21
UTSA had an illegal block before 10yds so it was a penalty on the onsides so UTSA kicked it.

Army comes back with a TD on a couple plays with some nice throws including a halfback pass for big gainer. Army still doesn’t throw it a lot but I think they’ve thrown it more in this game than I’ve seen before. I mentioned a few weeks ago they were changing their offense from a triple option to a shotgun spread option (Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina offense) because of the new blocking rules.

Army up 30-21

The days of announcers at games is long gone. This is far more common than you’d think.
Yea I never think about it really and wouldn’t know for the most part if it’s not pointed out. With the amount the networks are paying in rights fees, I’m sure it’s a way to save on expenses.

Yea I never think about it really and wouldn’t know for the most part if it’s not pointed out. With the amount the networks are paying in rights fees, I’m sure it’s a way to save on expenses.
The covid seasons in 20 and 21 proved it was possible, not sure if it ever happened prior to that

Reactions: rutgersguy1
You can hear the generation gap at the Maryland game. The band is playing "Amen!", which is what was played at games after victory was clinched back in the seventies and eighties with Lefty Driesell. But the younger generation of students are going with Rock and Roll Part 2: "Hey! You Suck!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT