ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Draft

Devs get Hughes and Sabban. And @T2Kplus10 is forced to talk about Evan Roberts. Lol. Guess we know who the winner of the weekend was.

And to fact check you. On the broadcast last night on nbcsports. They said they polled 10 of the top scouts in the league. 8 had Hughes higher on their board.

Devs get Hughes and Sabban. And @T2Kplus10 is forced to talk about Evan Roberts. Lol. Guess we know who the winner of the weekend was.

And to fact check you. On the broadcast last night on nbcsports. They said they polled 10 of the top scouts in the league. 8 had Hughes higher on their board.
Sabban is over the hill and was meh last season.

Reactions: Section124

Sabban is over the hill and was meh last season.

Meh last season cause he was hurt..c’mon man. 30 isn’t over the hill..prime of his career.

My friends from Montreal all agree the Devils made a stupid trade to get Subban. Take it for what it’s worth. Only time will tell.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
My friends from Montreal all agree the Devils made a stupid trade to get Subban. Take it for what it’s worth. Only time will tell.
Definitely sounds like a bad deal. Gave up a lot for a high priced older player. That's a Rangers move from 15 years ago! The Devils are suffering without Lou.

Analysts from all over the country, including fans from Nashville, saying Devils made a great one.

As you say, we shall see

When Subban was traded to Nashville for Shea Weber these same idiots wanted to burn the city down.

I dunno if you guys are trolling or just hockey dumb, but the Rangers fans I know know their hockey pretty damn well. What happened to you guys?

When Subban was traded to Nashville for Shea Weber these same idiots wanted to burn the city down.

I dunno if you guys are trolling or just hockey dumb, but the Rangers fans I know know their hockey pretty damn well. What happened to you guys?
$9 million cap hit (16.5%) for an older defensemen coming off an injury plagued sub-par year is a huge risk. If he is so great, why did Nashville dump him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Section124

$9 million cap hit (16.5%) for an older defensemen coming off an injury plague sub-par year is a huge risk. If he is so great, why did Nashville dump him?

Anyone who follows the nhl would know that answer..

Nashville has a young defense core..want Offensive help and were in salary cap hell.

It was a move they had to make. Same reason Winnipeg had to trade Trouba and couldn’t sign him. All about the cap this offseason.

Nashville has a young defense core..want Offensive help and were in salary cap hell.

It was a move they had to make. Same reason Winnipeg had to trade Trouba and couldn’t sign him. All about the cap this offseason.
True about the cap, but Trouba is only 25 years old.

True about the cap, but Trouba is only 25 years old.

Yes. Trouba probably the better deal..was just responding to you asking why Preds would trade him if he was so good.

They didn’t want to. They had to. Same with Trouba.

Yes. Trouba probably the better deal..was just responding to you asking why Preds would trade him if he was so good.

They didn’t want to. They had to. Same with Trouba.
Fair enough, but still:

Kakko + Trouba > Hughes + Subban

:)

I’d probably agree. But all around... Devils > Rangers.

:D

Who’s trolling? Just stating a fact. Some of my friends from Montreal played at a high level. They loved PK but think he’s on the decline. As I said, we’ll see how he plays going forward. It’s always great to have a big star in the area.

Also, this seems like a big win for Red Bull since Lindsey Vonn and PK are both sponsored by them. However I saw a NY Post article that indicated Red Bull stadium was a 20 minute PATH ride from the Rock. Probably meant walk.

For the Devils now, obtaining PK is very good for them, hopefully he helps them keep Hall and have other free agents sign.

3,4,5 seasons later, we will see how Davies and Brink are in this league.

Devils will be gone from NJ in 3 years! Come back and tell me I am wrong then..............

And it will be one more nail in coffin for this state!

I always love the irony in these threads:

Rangers/Yankees fans treating Devils/Mets fans like everyone else treats Rutgers and Rutgers fans.
Ha! Yeah, these threads prove one thing: if/when RU gets really good, this site will be insufferable for non RU fans. We can be pretty obnoxious.

Who’s trolling? Just stating a fact. Some of my friends from Montreal played at a high level. They loved PK but think he’s on the decline. As I said, we’ll see how he plays going forward. It’s always great to have a big star in the area.

Also, this seems like a big win for Red Bull since Lindsey Vonn and PK are both sponsored by them. However I saw a NY Post article that indicated Red Bull stadium was a 20 minute PATH ride from the Rock. Probably meant walk.
So what makes their opinion carry more weight than anyone else's?

That's a genuine question, you say that played a high level of hockey that suggests that gives their opinion more credence than us or anyone.

Devils will be gone from NJ in 3 years!
People have been saying this for decades. There are other teams in worse financial situations than the Devils, and not even any of them are expected to be moving in the next three years.

Devils flew Hughes back to NJ in Harris’ private jet.

Rangers brought Kakko into EWR via United. Hopefully not coach.

Reactions: CHOPU
People have been saying this for decades. There are other teams in worse financial situations than the Devils, and not even any of them are expected to be moving in the next three years.

Agree with this. I believe there WAS a time when the Devils leaving NJ seemed probable, but not now.
Franchise on much more stable footing for staying now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT