ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ playing catch up in the Craft Beer business.

Did you read the article? On one hand the head of the ABC says the rules weren't enforceable. Yet they can't explain why some places were given violations. That's the definition of clueless.
Yeah I read it, I thought you meant they were clueless for having these rules in the first place. Either way, they know exactly what they're doing. They just aren't going to come out and say, "Yeah we're beholden to the restaurants and bars that want us to make things difficult for breweries."

Yeah I read it, I thought you meant they were clueless for having these rules in the first place. Either way, they know exactly what they're doing. They just aren't going to come out and say, "Yeah we're beholden to the restaurants and bars that want us to make things difficult for breweries."
Well they can be holden to them all they want. Sounds like the ABC is getting their news rules slashed and the governor want a complete change to the entire system.

Reactions: robcac26
So I'll answer my own question. No Murphy did not sign the new bill. Instead he is taking a gamble by directing the ABC to not inforce the laws that were supposed to be removed with the Bill. However, that is just for the next 6 months!! Then it could go back if Murphy doesn't get a full alcohol reform for NJ. He is playing Russian roulette with NJ breweries!

Reactions: Tango Two

Four medals awarded to three NJ breweries at US Open Beer Championship 2023

Reactions: Postman_1

Anheuser-Busch sells Breckenridge Brewery, 7 other labels to U.S. cannabis company

Partially because they are losing sales big time over the Bud Light debacle. I haven't ordered Bud Light to sell going on 9 weeks.
They also are pulling back on flavored beers like Bud Light Lemon. They lost tons of money on that strategy.

Partially because they are losing sales big time over the Bud Light debacle. I haven't ordered Bud Light to sell going on 9 weeks.
They also are pulling back on flavored beers like Bud Light Lemon. They lost tons of money on that strategy.

curious what was your ordering pattern prior to that genius marketing strategy, if you are on 9 weeks now.

My buddy owns a liquor store in NH and same story with him, no one buys it anymore. Also an AB sales guy told him they contemplating changing the name of Bud Light.

I guess desperate times calls for desperate changes.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
My buddy owns a liquor store in NH and same story with him, no one buys it anymore. Also an AB sales guy told him they contemplating changing the name of Bud Light.

I guess desperate times calls for desperate changes.

Realistically changing the name is all they can hope for at this point. The name is like a scarlet letter now. Its not like its a unique brand. You can easily substitute Coors or Miller and get the same thing

Reactions: Knightmoves
For those that like authentic German Festival Style Oktoberfest beers some of my favorites are now on the shelves. Hofbrau Oktoberfest and Paulaner Oktoberfest are the same beers served at the Oktoberfest in Munich. Marzen style is also available.

Last year I gave a try to US based Founders Oktoberfest and it was pretty good.

For those that like authentic German Festival Style Oktoberfest beers some of my favorites are now on the shelves. Hofbrau Oktoberfest and Paulaner Oktoberfest are the same beers served at the Oktoberfest in Munich. Marzen style is also available.

Yes Paulaner makes both a Marzen style Oktoberfest that 100% is shipped to the US and their Oktoberfest Bier which is the style at the Munich Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest Bier is only available in 12 pack bottles and .5 L cans

I also like Warsteiner's Marzen style. Haven't had it in a few years but I would bet it's the same. The Cramer family has owned the brewery since the 1750's.

They are talking about Breweries that have a full liquor license so they are allowed to serve food. Sadly the downside is you can't bring your dog.
Ahhhh, very few of those around. If you're ever in the Matawan area, Alternate Ending is one of those places, great beer and serves food and live sports on the tube too.

Ahhhh, very few of those around. If you're ever in the Matawan area, Alternate Ending is one of those places, great beer and serves food and live sports on the tube too.
More in Philly, less in the 5 counties. Full liquor licenses in PA are much cheaper then NJ. I use a restaurant license to sell beer and wine to go. Our license at my store was just $148,000.

Reactions: Ronnie_B

Cape May Brewing ends self-distribution

I'm guessing they were still just self distributing in Cape May County. They have been using many distribution companies for years all over. In Philly they use Origlio for the 5 counties at least for 5/6 years.

Reactions: Tango Two
Any good Octoberfest beers in Jerz this year?
Well you are probably too late for many of them. Fall beers especially Oktoberfest beers have been selling extremely well this year. I sold out of Cape May Oktoberfest and it's sold out in most distribution wholesale operations. Cape May isn't making anymore this year.
Try some others. Highly recommend Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest this year. This is their first collaboration with a German brewery since the pandemic. The Brewery is Kerhweider in Hamburg. The story behind picking this brewery is that one of the top brewers of Sierra Nevada and Kerhweiders were friends at the Brewery University in Berlin 20 years ago. Along with Hofbrau and Paulaner Oktoberfestbier these are the style that is served in Munich for the Oktoberfest celebration. Paulaner stills makes a Marzen style but most of it is shipped here. Sam Adams on tap is good but not so much in bottles. In the Philly area Neshaminy Creek and Love City make very good Marzen Oktoberfest.

I don't know what's up with Cape May, people love their shandies (mostly including me) and they don't seem to embrace it as much as their customers do. For example they cut back on the Bog this summer and stopped making the Purp which I loved. In fact I think their plan was to drop the Bog too but the pushback was strong so they conceded and starting to produce it again.

I don't know what's up with Cape May, people love their shandies (mostly including me) and they don't seem to embrace it as much as their customers do. For example they cut back on the Bog this summer and stopped making the Purp which I loved. In fact I think their plan was to drop the Bog too but the pushback was strong so they conceded and starting to produce it again.
There beers seem harder to find I agree. I couldn’t find The Grove at all from them from mid July on, even in liquor stores in Cape May. One of my favorite fall beers was Mop Water from them and this year they decided to make it only available at the brewery sucks. There Pick of the Batch pumpkin beer was pretty good though and readily available

Reactions: Ronnie_B
There beers seem harder to find I agree. I couldn’t find The Grove at all from them from mid July on, even in liquor stores in Cape May. One of my favorite fall beers was Mop Water from them and this year they decided to make it only available at the brewery sucks. There Pick of the Batch pumpkin beer was pretty good though and readily available
Pick of the Batch sold out too. Their Honey Porter seems to have taken the Mop Water spot for retail.

Well you are probably too late for many of them. Fall beers especially Oktoberfest beers have been selling extremely well this year. I sold out of Cape May Oktoberfest and it's sold out in most distribution wholesale operations. Cape May isn't making anymore this year.
Try some others. Highly recommend Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest this year. This is their first collaboration with a German brewery since the pandemic. The Brewery is Kerhweider in Hamburg. The story behind picking this brewery is that one of the top brewers of Sierra Nevada and Kerhweiders were friends at the Brewery University in Berlin 20 years ago. Along with Hofbrau and Paulaner Oktoberfestbier these are the style that is served in Munich for the Oktoberfest celebration. Paulaner stills makes a Marzen style but most of it is shipped here. Sam Adams on tap is good but not so much in bottles. In the Philly area Neshaminy Creek and Love City make very good Marzen Oktoberfest.
Agree. My favorite Oktoberfest beers are Hofbrau and Paulaner fest beers. I just bought the Sierra Nevada Fest style Oktoberfest and it’s pretty good. More German styles the better for me.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Agree. My favorite Oktoberfest beers are Hofbrau and Paulaner fest beers. I just bought the Sierra Nevada Fest style Oktoberfest and it’s pretty good. More German styles the better for me.
Love German styles! I like the fest beers better then a Marzens but will never turn down either. Both terrific!

Thanks.

My brother likes Octoberfest beer the best and I’m going to ask my sister to buy some on my behalf for his birthday.

Preferably a Jersey made brew

Thanks.

My brother likes Octoberfest beer the best and I’m going to ask my sister to buy some on my behalf for his birthday.

Preferably a Jersey made brew
Since I'm in the business I would never type what you shouldn't buy. It's not my style. But tried and true is the way to go. Get your brother an actual German Oktoberfest Fest Bier and a Marzen style so prevalent in the US. Have him do a side by side tasting.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Hacker-Pschorr brews my favorite octoberfest. The Founders and Sam Adam's versions are also solid.

I’m going with some Whole Hog pumpkin ale today. A lot of people hate them but this is one of the good ones. Hanging outside today, beautiful day outside not to many left gotta enjoy em. Smoking a Oliva Serie V too
I'm going to do the same as soon as the 1 o'clock games end. A cigar and most likely a few Paulaner Oktoberfestbiers. Enjoy this beautiful day.

My buddy is growing ghost peppers in his backyard, so we brewed a beer with it. Can't wait to see how it turns out in a couple weeks.

Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT