ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who thinks Paxton's knee is still bothering him? When he came back from the IL, he said the knee didn't "hurt" but that he still felt "something" in there.
Which leads to the to the question, are you and I the only persons who thinks Paxton's knee is still bothering him?

Reactions: IMARUFAN
If you look at the schedule, you'll see that this is not a time for the Yankees to be struggling.
Tampa, Houston, Toronto
Where's Stanton and Judge ?

Last edited:

Strange trade...M's are picking up a lot of salary and getting almost nothing back and the Yanks are adding another right handed slugger just as Stanton and Judge are coming back. Has anyone mentioned to them that there are still only 9 spots in the lineup and the AL has not voted to allow 2 or 3 DH's each night.
Seriously, when the other two comes back, who sits? EE, Stanton, Judge, Volt all have to play every day. They signed Hicks to a long and large contract so he plays. Clint has to play too.
Leads me to think that the Yanks already have a trade for a pitcher in place and it must include either Frazier or Volt or both.

Reactions: shields and Kbee3
I'm guessing corner infield backup and depth off the bench are the reasons he's here. I don't get it either but I don't see how it's gonna hurt unless it prevents from getting pitching, which I don't think it will.

I'm guessing corner infield backup and depth off the bench are the reasons he's here. I don't get it either but I don't see how it's gonna hurt unless it prevents from getting pitching, which I don't think it will.
The guy plays on average about 150 games each year since 2011 averages 35 HR and is leading the league again this year in HR on pace for 50. How do you have him for depth and backup?
Unless there is another plan in motion, it doesnt make sense at all.

The guy plays on average about 150 games each year since 2011 averages 35 HR and is leading the league again this year in HR on pace for 50. How do you have him for depth and backup?
Frazier is definitely getting traded for a Pitcher. There is also no guarantee that Judge and Stanton stay healthy so this is a nice addition for basically nothing.

Frazier is definitely getting traded for a Pitcher. There is also no guarantee that Judge and Stanton stay healthy so this is a nice addition for basically nothing.
Now, on the M's side of the trade...couldnt they have gotten a better package from someone else that really needed a slugger for the playoff race?

BTW- speaking of Frazier...I really havent watched much Yankee games until the Met series. And we have quite a few guys on our team with non traditional hair- WTF is going on with his? Looks like he stepped out of deliverance. Also kind of surprised that guys like Damon couldnt have his hair but Frazier is allowed to sport that mess.

It is a complelely stupid deal unless they know that either Judge or Stanton aren't coming back or that there maybe a deal for Stanton to the Dodgers. None of which I think is true. The last thing this team needs is a low average, right handed, power hitter that plays first or outfield.
This deal makes zero sense.
Go out and get some pitching. This team again is not built for the playoffs.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Do you really care? The Yanks stole a 50 HR hitter. I'm sure they'll find a way to play him. They'll still get a pitcher.

Do you really care? The Yanks stole a 50 HR hitter. I'm sure they'll find a way to play him. They'll still get a pitcher.
I care. They wasted a prospect on a position player that already have too many of currently. And he has never hit 50hrs in a single year, avg mid 30s the last 2 years and an average under .250. How does he help this team come playoff time?

I care. They wasted a prospect on a position player that already have too many of currently. And he has never hit 50hrs in a single year, avg mid 30s the last 2 years and an average under .250. How does he help this team come playoff time?
By adding depth to the team and not being available to your division rivals.

I'm not saying it's necessary, but you guys are making some big deal about it like it prevents them from doing some other, more needed moves.

I also agree that they need more on base kind of guys. But that ship sailed in the offseason. And if Judge/Stanton go down after coming back, now you have an in house, cheap solution to solve the problem. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: T2Kplus10

I'm not saying it's necessary, but you guys are making some big deal about it like it prevents them from doing some other, more needed moves.

I also agree that they need more on base kind of guys. But that ship sailed in the offseason. And if Judge/Stanton go down after coming back, now you have an in house, cheap solution to solve the problem. Nothing wrong with that.
Every thing is wrong with that. Depth?? At DH?? The last thing this teams needs is him. Pitching and on base guys it what they despertly need. He cost them a prospect that was ranked so yes this deal may cost a future deal.
This is similar to the Stanton deal. They got him just because they could. Not out of need.

Frazier just optioned to the minors to make room Encarnacion. So the best trade bait is just devauled publicly by the team.

No problem with the deal, didn't give up much.

He is a great DH
He is a great DH. But other teams know his abilities, and the situation well, I don't think making this move,
or not making it will matter. We all know he is a great hitter, or will be. There is a team out there that
will let him grow his hair to his ass, and he will be happy and so will they and so will the Yanks.

Hopefully they unload Stanton. Nothing against the guy except the contract. If that's not weighing down the payroll, Keutchel is a Yankee.

Hopefully they unload Stanton. Nothing against the guy except the contract. If that's not weighing down the payroll, Keutchel is a Yankee.
No trade clause. Only will go to Dodgers and they don't want him. As a Yankee fan I don't want him either.

Reactions: KT8813

Actually it's Ellsbury's contract ($21.2 Mil ) that is really weighing down the payroll. Stanton is at $26 M (14th highest in MLB) - he has an opt out clause for after the 2020 season. Unlikely he will get traded prior to that. My guess is he will opt out if he nears his usual production over the rest of this year and next. If he does that, the Yanks should let him go and sign with another team at that point.

Obviously you haven't seen Frazier play right field.

He's a LFer and had 1 bad game in Right. So either you don't watch much baseball or you just don't like the kid. Either way on sending him down it's Tauchman before Frazier. Just a respect thing. I think it is personal, also, he probably isn't liked by Boone. I would have rather gotten rid of Boone we can get a lot of guys to stand on the top step and spit sunflower seeds!

Why cause he has played so much outfield?

Actually it's Ellsbury's contract ($21.2 Mil ) that is really weighing down the payroll. Stanton is at $26 M (14th highest in MLB) - he has an opt out clause for after the 2020 season. Unlikely he will get traded prior to that. My guess is he will opt out if he nears his usual production over the rest of this year and next. If he does that, the Yanks should let him go and sign with another team at that point.
I believe Ellsbury is covered mostly by insurance. So no strain on Hal.

He's a LFer and had 1 bad game in Right. So either you don't watch much baseball or you just don't like the kid. Either way on sending him down it's Tauchman before Frazier. Just a respect thing. I think it is personal, also, he probably isn't liked by Boone. I would have rather gotten rid of Boone we can get a lot of guys to stand on the top step and spit sunflower seeds!
Frazier was already sent down.
You haven't been watching. He had 1 horrible game and some bad games and the rest was below average

I believe Ellsbury is covered mostly by insurance. So no strain on Hal.

"...Navigating the waters of potential insurance fraud, should the Yankees start and stop Ellsbury’s rehab over the remainder of the season, they will receive $15,857,142 in return for his inability to perform his baseball duties. Crunching the numbers, it works out to a manageable loss of $5,285,712 for a 34-year-old center fielder... Unfortunately, none of the insurance money can be used to offset the luxury tax threshold, which adds to the acid reflux of Yankee fans everywhere when you consider his $21.1 million counts for 12.60 percent of the team’s total payroll.

https://yanksgoyard.com/2018/06/02/yankees-insurance-policy-jacoby-ellsbury/

Reactions: WhiteBus and Rhuarc
They really needed a great performance from Tanaka. He gave the bullpen a night off (aside from a couple of guys who warmed up), which will allow Boone to use his high leverage guys the next two games, if needed. I'm not quite ready to declare their mini slump over, but it appears that they're back on track.

Frazier was sent down because he needs to play, and he wasn't going to get that opportunity when Stanton and Judge return. Lets face it, Stanton, Judge and Hicks aren't the poster boys for the perfect attendance award. All, have missed significant time. Frazier can better replace the offense lost if one of the three is going to be out for significant time then Gardner or Maybin. As the July 31 deadline gets closer, the playoff picture will become a little clearer and more teams will be inclined to get rid of salaries. The Yanks will also have a better idea of what contributions, if any, they can expect from Severino, Montgommery and Betances this season.

Frazier was sent down because he needs to play, and he wasn't going to get that opportunity when Stanton and Judge return. Lets face it, Stanton, Judge and Hicks aren't the poster boys for the perfect attendance award. All, have missed significant time. Frazier can better replace the offense lost if one of the three is going to be out for significant time then Gardner or Maybin. As the July 31 deadline gets closer, the playoff picture will become a little clearer and more teams will be inclined to get rid of salaries. The Yanks will also have a better idea of what contributions, if any, they can expect from Severino, Montgommery and Betances this season.
Frazier was sent down to make room for Encarnacion, a DH. That's all you need to know where he stands in the Yankees pecking order. Most likely his next call up will be for another team.
Maybin has proven to be a much better all around player.

Frazier was already sent down.
You haven't been watching. He had 1 horrible game and some bad games and the rest was below average

I watch every game, and read my post more closely, I know Frazier was already sent down. I said out of respect Tauchman should have gone first. The kid is not as bad as you are making him out to be, you appear to just not be a Frazier fan (which is perfectly fine).

IMO Frazier is gonna soon be part of a Yankees trade for a starting pitcher.
Isn't it obvious ?

I watch every game, and read my post more closely, I know Frazier was already sent down. I said out of respect Tauchman should have gone first. The kid is not as bad as you are making him out to be, you appear to just not be a Frazier fan (which is perfectly fine).
He not a great as you and the media thinks he is. He can hit homers. That's about it.
If the Yanks still thought he had a future in NY they wouldn't have traded for a DH. They could have made him the DH. As stupid as that trade is for Encarncion was, it is a clear signal that the Yanks are moving on from Frazier.

Reactions: Kbee3

You’ve gotta be kidding, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT