ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today will likely be rained out, giving Tanaka a chance to come back Thursday and tie the series.

Yet, there seems to be a failure of will on the part of Boone/Cashman to make needed changes. It's not April; patience is not a virtue now.

Romine should be playing on Thursday. He makes contact, hits better in the clutch and will block more of Britton's balls.

Gardner hitting third and protecting Judge is simply gross incompetence. Torres should be hitting third.

Encarnación did double yesterday but he is having a miserable series and like Sanchez frequently strikes out. He should be moved down in the lineup and Urshela should be moved up.

Apparently Tauchman is ready to play again. Not cutting Stanton in the hope he is ready for the World Series is foolish. Activate Tauchman (or Ford) and get some hustle and a clutch contact bat in the lineup.

The high RISP lineup that brought the Yankees far this season is not on the field. Time is running short.

Today will likely be rained out, giving Tanaka a chance to come back Thursday and tie the series.

Yet, there seems to be a failure of will on the part of Boone/Cashman to make needed changes. It's not April; patience is not a virtue now.

Romine should be playing on Thursday. He makes contact, hits better in the clutch and will block more of Britton's balls.

Gardner hitting third and protecting Judge is simply gross incompetence. Torres should be hitting third.

Encarnación did double yesterday but he is having a miserable series and like Sanchez frequently strikes out. He should be moved down in the lineup and Urshela should be moved up.

Apparently Tauchman is ready to play again. Not cutting Stanton in the hope he is ready for the World Series is foolish. Activate Tauchman (or Ford) and get some hustle and a clutch contact bat in the lineup.

The high RISP lineup that brought the Yankees far this season is not on the field. Time is running short.
I didn't understand moving Gardner up to batting 3rd.
And I don't think you take either Encarnacion or Sanchez out of the lineup.
Also, I have heard nothing about Tauchman being available.
BTW, anyone hear what Mr. October said about Stanton and his injury ?

Why the ugh? He's your best post season pitcher. Isn't that why he was pulled after 68 pitches the other night? Sounds like a good strategy unless of course he gets bombed. Then it's a bad strategy.
Ugh is the 8:05pm start. Have a lot of faith in Tanaka

Reactions: zappaa
I didn't understand moving Gardner up to batting 3rd.
And I don't think you take either Encarnacion or Sanchez out of the lineup.
Also, I have heard nothing about Tauchman being available.
BTW, anyone hear what Mr. October said about Stanton and his injury ?
And he was right. Shouldn't have apologized. Just the facts.
I was against that trade from the very second it was announced (just arrived at our Army Navy tailgate). So many killed me for it. It was a bad trade then and looks much worse now.

Agree with all. It looked like Hicks came back with good timing. Didn't get a hit but worked two walks.

I'd go:
DJ
Judge
Torres
Didi
Hicks
Urshela
Encarcion
Romine
Gardner

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Rain =
lucky+horseshoe.jpg
for Yankees. They have time to regroup.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
If anyone wants to go to the game, I am selling 2 or 4. Less than face. Details are in the ticket exchange forum.

Reactions: Jm0513
Losing German is what hurts the most. The bullpen could have held up for 3-4 innings a game even if the series went the distance. Now they have to pitch game 5 in its entirety, I fear it will be too much, especially since there will not be any days off the rest of the series.
I agree Sanchez should sit. He is 2 for 22 this postseason, 0 for 9 the last two games with 5 k's. Joe Torre once benched Wade Boggs, Tino, and Paul O'Neill in the playoffs because other guys had hot bats and they did not. This is not the regular season, there's no time to be patient and wait for a guy to turn it around. Also Tauchman is healthy and ready. Boone acknowledged that yesterday. Unfortunately, if Stanton is taken off the roster he's not eligible for the World Series if the Yanks get there, so I doubt they make a roster move unless he gets worse.

I totally disagree. Now 4 games in a row which will limit bullpen. Rainout favors Astros big time.
Normally I would say yes but I think it is HUGE to face Verlander on Friday night at home in the colder weather. We get him IMO. This series comes down to tomorrow night. We win tomorrow we take the series IMO.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I totally disagree. Now 4 games in a row which will limit bullpen. Rainout favors Astros big time.
Disagree, basically I'm not taking anything else into consideration other than it gives the Yankees a chance to take a deep breath, and reset the clock. They are totally off their game.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Disagree, basically I'm not taking anything else into consideration other than it gives the Yankees a chance to take a deep breath, and reset the clock. They are totally off their game.
They are off their game because of Verlander and Cole. Yankee pitching has been good enough to win. They need to beat Verlander or Cole otherwise they have zero shot at advancing.
A deep breath is fine but not being able to use that bullpen, their pitching strength, as planned is a big loss for the Yankees

They are off their game because of Verlander and Cole. Yankee pitching has been good enough to win. They need to beat Verlander or Cole otherwise they have zero shot at advancing.
A deep breath is fine but not being able to use that bullpen, their pitching strength, as planned is a big loss for the Yankees
Not really. These teams are VERY close. Extra innings against Verlander and one hit away against Cole. We did not get dominated by him despite the score. This is playoff baseball and when the two best teams in the game square off the margin of victory is thin. If you want the Yankees to put out a team that is just dominant then that is an unrealistic expectation. This series was always 50/50 and that is fine.

Not really. These teams are VERY close. Extra innings against Verlander and one hit away against Cole. We did not get dominated by him despite the score. This is playoff baseball and when the two best teams in the game square off the margin of victory is thin. If you want the Yankees to put out a team that is just dominant then that is an unrealistic expectation. This series was always 50/50 and that is fine.
After 3 games it is 2-1 Houston. Certainly not 50/50. Yanks need to win 3 of the next 4. That is an uphill road.

Yanks will have to get multiple breaks to go their way to beat the Astros. I see it as a 25-30% chance. Their lineup isn't built for the postseason, where contact and small ball usually prevail. Stanton and Sanchez are so overrated, it's not even funny. They rarely ever have productive at bats and are a big reason for the Yanks ineptitude when it matters most. Sanchez is basically Greg Bird at the plate.

The series was never 50-50. Cole is on a 19-0 run, Verlander went 21-5, both struck out more than 300 batters. They are absolutely dominating. In a seven game series, thats almost impossible to overcome and 99% impossible when you're starters don't show up. They got two off Verlander and didn't win, that was their chance.

I can't think of a team, with two starters in the neighborhood of being this dominating, that didn't win the World Series. And with the talent all around them, forget it. Might as well give them the trophy now.

The series was never 50-50. Cole is on a 19-0 run, Verlander went 21-5, both struck out more than 300 batters. They are absolutely dominating. In a seven game series, thats almost impossible to overcome and 99% impossible when you're starters don't show up. They got two off Verlander and didn't win, that was their chance.

I can't think of a team, with two starters in the neighborhood of being this dominating, that didn't win the World Series. And with the talent all around them, forget it. Might as well give them the trophy now.
The Braves had two definitely and maybe three in 96.

1966. Baltimore Orioles beat Dodgers with Koufax and Drysdale.

The Braves had two definitely and maybe three in 96.
Good one, although Smoltz would be the only guy out of the three that's in this class of hard throwing, lights out domination. Glavine and Maddux didn't k over 200.

Smoltz had 270 plus k's, he started two games in 1996 WS, went 14 innings, allowed one earned run and lost a 1-0 game. Pettite went 8.1, shut out ball. Whose Andy Pettite on these Yankees?

Drysdale was no longer a 200K guy in 1966.

Has there ever been two guys, with 300K's pitching in the post season on the same team?

Schilling had 293, R. Johnson, 372 for Arizona in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT