NY's Varsity Team = Yanks normal roster
NY's JV Team = Yanks Triple A roster
NY's Freshman Team = Mets
:)
Urshela, Wade, Frazier, Torres, Tauchman, Volt=
AB 422 R 66 H 113 RBI 69 2B 22 3B 0 HR 22 SB10 BB 44 K 117 Ave .268 OBP .337
McNeil, Alonso, Davis, Conforto, Rosario, Nimmo
AB 512 R 87 H 149 RBI 78 2B 32 3B 3 HR 24 SB 5 BB 67 K 132 Ave .291 OBP .371

I used all young players with 3 years or under.

What surprised me, the Yankee kids have held up better then I thought when starting this. Power numbers more than anything.
But the good thing is...while the Yankee kids have stacked up well and not far off from the Met kids, it is more because both groups are very good.

Combined as let's say a single player- I would have no problem with these two guys being my number 2 and 3 hitters in any lineup...

That Sanchez homer was a bomb. I think it's still flying.

I think we can all agree that he needs to strikeout less and either play a new position or actually improve behind the plate, but save those arguments for another day.

So much for Cessa's great start to the season, lol.

According to Statcast at 467' it was the longest Grand Slam they've ever measured.

How good ? Struck out almost every at bat since he came back. His occasional home runs don't out way his long long
batting slumps, poor attitude, an questionable defense. May be the worst player the Yanks has ever had. Maybe because of
the money maybe Stanton is worst.

If you consider Sanchez the worst player the Yanks have ever had, you haven't been watching them for too long. In fact.....you dont even have to look too far to find Jacoby Ellsbury at $20 mil. IMO, Sanchez gets a bad rap.

Worst Yankee ever..........I'll take Kei Igawa for $100.

He should be the everyday DH with this lineup. Let him just concentrate on hitting as he is a terrible catcher and from all accounts does not put in the work to get better.

Can you provide a source that says that Sanchez doesn’t put the work in to get better?

Reactions: T2Kplus10
If you consider Sanchez the worst player the Yanks have ever had, you haven't been watching them for too long. In fact.....you dont even have to look too far to find Jacoby Ellsbury at $20 mil. IMO, Sanchez gets a bad rap.

Touche! You got me there.:)

As a Met fan, I would take that horrible Sanchez in a second. Career 162 game average of BA .251 99Runs 116 RBI 45 HR paying him under 700k

As a Met fan, I would take that horrible Sanchez in a second. Career 162 game average of BA .251 99Runs 116 RBI 45 HR paying him under 700k

Except he likely will soon be a DH. And no DH in the NL. He's the prototypical power slugger w great bat speed, and power, and even hits for a decent average, but will strike out a bunch in streaks. And his glove is just brutal behind the plate.

Except he likely will soon be a DH. And no DH in the NL. He's the prototypical power slugger w great bat speed, and power, and even hits for a decent average, but will strike out a bunch in streaks. And his glove is just brutal behind the plate.
Sounds like DH may be in the NL soon anyway.

"AS a Met fan I would take that a horrible Sanchez in a second." of course, your a Met fan, enought said.

Carl Pavano.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Yet we’ve won 9 of 10.....simply amazing....Boone should get Manager of The Decade.
9 of 10 but what is really sweet is, it is on the road, and even better on the coast, we usually suck on the left coast
Remember what Jackie Gleason use to say?

Last edited:
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Luke Voit AL Player of the Week. Time to trade Bird.

I'm guessing Bird has very little trade value. Yanks might try to get him healthy for a few weeks then trade him for a mediocre draft pick. Even when healthy he was streaky at best with occasional power. His left handed bat would have been terrific for Yankee Stadium, but it just never worked out for him. Shame, he seems like a good guy, just snake bit.

I'm guessing Bird has very little trade value. Yanks might try to get him healthy for a few weeks then trade him for a mediocre draft pick. Even when healthy he was streaky at best with occasional power. His left handed bat would have been terrific for Yankee Stadium, but it just never worked out for him. Shame, he seems like a good guy, just snake bit.
The problem is Andujar will be the backup first baseman as he can't throw from third with injury.
Yes he has to get healthy but there is no need to call him up.

Reactions: czxqa
The problem is Andujar will be the backup first baseman as he can't throw from third with injury.
Yes he has to get healthy but there is no need to call him up.
Andujar will be the DH....for now.

Great matchup tonight. CC vs Greinke. To bad I'll miss it. I don't do 9:40pm starts.

Why not? I'll DVR it, put it on about 11:15 and take out the commericals and other bull chips. Then up at 5 to go
to work.
It's not the length of the game it's the time it finishes. You way gets you to bed even later

Hey, guys! Just found your forum and even though I'm an Iowa fan... I'm mostly a Yankees fan.

Regarding Bird... had so much expectation of him 2-3 years ago. But the guy is always injured in one way or the other.
Reminds me of the hopes I had for Kevin Maas back in the 90s. It's been so frustrating following Bird and his absolute inability to ever get a runner in from third base with less than two outs in his career.

Yanks need at least one more big bat from that side of the plate even after Didi returns, imo.

Hey, guys! Just found your forum and even though I'm an Iowa fan... I'm mostly a Yankees fan.

Regarding Bird... had so much expectation of him 2-3 years ago. But the guy is always injured in one way or the other.
Reminds me of the hopes I had for Kevin Maas back in the 90s. It's been so frustrating following Bird and his absolute inability to ever get a runner in from third base with less than two outs in his career.

Yanks need at least one more big bat from that side of the plate even after Didi returns, imo.

Welcome aboard !

Amazing how Cashman stepped into it with Voit. It’s like the Yankee version of David Ortiz, at least he’s tracking that way. I am not complaining !
Cashman is a great GM. He isn't stepping into it as much as he acquires players with the most potential and hopes some of them pan out. This one is a huge win it seems. Anybody that wanted to get rid of him recently needs to have their head examined.

Reactions: Rutgers'02
Cashman is a great GM. He isn't stepping into it as much as he acquires players with the most potential and hopes some of them pan out. This one is a huge win it seems. Anybody that wanted to get rid of him recently needs to have their head examined.

You win some , you lose some. Should have signed Verlander 2 years ago, could have gotten him pretty reasonable price, shoud never given Elsbury that contract. On the other hand, some good young players in the system, Judge a near star already. Will need to replace Sabathia, maybe Tanaka next year. Domingo German looks terrific so far. Happ I think will be Sonny Gray'd off the roster.

A LOT of season left.

You win some , you lose some. Should have signed Verlander 2 years ago, could have gotten him pretty reasonable price, shoud never given Elsbury that contract. On the other hand, some good young players in the system, Judge a near star already. Will need to replace Sabathia, maybe Tanaka next year. Domingo German looks terrific so far. Happ I think will be Sonny Gray'd off the roster.

A LOT of season left.
I agree. Pretty much everyone thought Verlander was cooked when he got traded. His turnaround has been pretty remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT