ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yanks could have Tulowitzki, Andujar, and Frazier back when they get home this Friday.

Hey guys, us Met's fans now know what you are suffering through. Yes, you lost DiDi, Adujar, Stanton, Judge, Bird,Sanchez, Serverino etc...We now have to figure out what to do with Familia on the injured list. We know your pain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey guys, us Met's fans now know what you are suffering through. Yes, you lost DiDi, Adujar, Stanton, Judge, Bird,Sanchez, Serverino etc...We now have to figure out what to do with Familia on the injured list. We know your pain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This doesn't count, you even got too tired to list all the names. LOL.
End of the day, injuries suck, but every team gets them, so you have to forge on.
But, you have to admit the lineup on the IL is pretty impressive, no?

No way Mets have ever suffered through this many injuries at one time...to significant players.

Reactions: miker183
We won't be seeing Wally Pipp, err, Greg Bird anymore. Andujar back on Friday, but they have to keep Urshela up because he's out of options and would never clear waivers. Miggie could worsen that tear in his labrum any time, then we'd be looking at season ending shoulder surgery. Besides Gio is a far superior defender- as someone just mentioned above, Miggie can platoon at first with Voit and DH.

This doesn't count, you even got too tired to list all the names. LOL.
End of the day, injuries suck, but every team gets them, so you have to forge on.
But, you have to admit the lineup on the IL is pretty impressive, no?
Mets fan first but NY/NJ fan next. Yankee DL s crazy.

No way Mets have ever suffered through this many injuries at one time...to significant players.
We have had this many and enough to affect if we make playoff or not but...can’t compare the players, you win, maybe lose...
Not sure anyone has, it really is kinda crazy.
Agree, crazy- lineup and SP on DL are deep playoff worthy........

We won't be seeing Wally Pipp, err, Greg Bird anymore. Andujar back on Friday, but they have to keep Urshela up because he's out of options and would never clear waivers. Miggie could worsen that tear in his labrum any time, then we'd be looking at season ending shoulder surgery. Besides Gio is a far superior defender- as someone just mentioned above, Miggie can platoon at first with Voit and DH.
I don't see the harm in Andujar trying to play through the injury. If he makes it worse, he still needs surgery. I love the idea of just letting him hit most of the time though, lol.

I don't see the harm in Andujar trying to play through the injury. If he makes it worse, he still needs surgery. I love the idea of just letting him hit most of the time though, lol.
Yeah, me too. I'm sure Boonie will mix and match and spread the playing time around just like before everyone went down, except it will be with two third basemen instead of two first basemen

I'm guessing Andujar will mostly DH for the balance of the season....or at least until Stanton returns.

That is such an insult to Wally Pipp.

Nice win. Dirty Sanchez goes 3-4 with two bombs. Miggie back tomorrow, let's hope for the best with Paxton, who left after three with knee discomfort.

It's like you can't watch a Yankees game without expecting someone to go down with another injury.
By the time Didi and Severino get back this could be a very interesting team.

According to ESPN, Andujar will start, but what is surprising to me is that he'll be playing third. I thought they might ease him into it. LeMahieu to start at second.

Reactions: Kbee3
Andujar with two errors in his return debut - not good.

What's the Yanks record against teams with winning records. ?
This is funny. When you guys were crowing about the Mets success against all these above .500 teams I did the research. Most of the teams were like 1 or 2 wins above .500. What an impressive display of awesomeness. [thumb2]

This is funny. When you guys were crowing about the Mets success against all these above .500 teams I did the research. Most of the teams were like 1 or 2 wins above .500. What an impressive display of awesomeness. [thumb2]
Are you implying that Mets fans aren't crowing now ?

Reactions: Rhuarc
I loved how Boone went with the B team out of the pen today. Virtually gave the game away.
You know, this actually bothered me a lot yesterday, and I've not been able to get it out of my mind.
So yesterday, when Paxton only lasted three, you knew the bullpen was going to be counted on for six. Nothing you can do about that. What really struck me was that when both Ottavino and Britton were brought in, Michael Kay mentioned each time that the pitcher hadn't been in a game in 6 days. Then he threw out the idea that Boone was just throwing guys out there to get them work, given that they hadn't pitched in so long and there was a comfortable lead in hand.
So my question at the time was why were Britton and Ottavino riding the pine for a week, and why wasn't he managing the workload of the bullpen guys so that they all got work in some sort of rotation to keep them all fresh and keep them getting in games every couple of days?
Today we saw that come back and really hurt the team's chances to come from behind to win. Harvey, Tarpley and this new Barrett guy gave up a run apiece, and each one was another letdown. The guys battle back a bit, only to let the reliever give up a run to move the goalposts, inning after inning. Just seems like he should be able to manage the bullpen usage better.

Reactions: Kbee3
You know, this actually bothered me a lot yesterday, and I've not been able to get it out of my mind.
So yesterday, when Paxton only lasted three, you knew the bullpen was going to be counted on for six. Nothing you can do about that. What really struck me was that when both Ottavino and Britton were brought in, Michael Kay mentioned each time that the pitcher hadn't been in a game in 6 days. Then he threw out the idea that Boone was just throwing guys out there to get them work, given that they hadn't pitched in so long and there was a comfortable lead in hand.
So my question at the time was why were Britton and Ottavino riding the pine for a week, and why wasn't he managing the workload of the bullpen guys so that they all got work in some sort of rotation to keep them all fresh and keep them getting in games every couple of days?
Today we saw that come back and really hurt the team's chances to come from behind to win. Harvey, Tarpley and this new Barrett guy gave up a run apiece, and each one was another letdown. The guys battle back a bit, only to let the reliever give up a run to move the goalposts, inning after inning. Just seems like he should be able to manage the bullpen usage better.
That's exactly how I felt. Boone probably never heard of Eddie "Everyday" Guardado either.

I'm not sure I follow.

Who is your team?
Nats?

Sorry, forgot you are a Yankees fan and figured you were just being snarky, knowing that Friday's win against the Twins was the first in 6 against winning teams this year.

Was the game originally scheduled for 1pm?

Yes, but yesterday during the game they announced it would be pushed to 4:00 due to the rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT