ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official Mets Hot Stove Talk

Alderson ain't the problem...It's the Wilpons........Why can't they simply sell the team and enjoy the rest of their lives
Because how else will they make their money for the Belmont Arena and the Flushing Mall where the auto shops currently stand?

can you guys please vote for @richmacleod in this tournament for shitty Mets blogs

according to formerlyknowasrutgers100 he only fooled a large amount of us jewish folks. A$$hole
First of all I’m Jewish. Second of all the vast majority of his victims were Jewish. He was involved in Jewish social circles, charities and Jewish universities. I don’t get your point. I never said only Jews, but Jews trusted their fellow Jew who ran in the same crowd as them and word spread to more middle class people especially Jews.

Not sure about conforto in centerfield on a full time basis.
That's one possible outcome. Another is that Bruce plays over 100 games at 1B if they decide that Smith needs another year at AAA. Mets want to win this year and they are not going to just hand Smith the position.

Even though i would've gone after Cain, ill take it. Now go pick up Moustakis, another arm in the pen, and leave Wilmer at second and you got something there. Too bad they won't get a good catcher but still.

Oh yeah: STAY AWAY FROM REYES!!!!!

That's one possible outcome. Another is that Bruce plays over 100 games at 1B if they decide that Smith needs another year at AAA. Mets want to win this year and they are not going to just hand Smith the position.

Perhaps but he is not flashing any gold glove leather there either. My thought is if your strength is supposedly pitching you need to back it up with a solid defense and right now I don't think they look very solid defensively. Also, it usually burns the Mets to be out in front of the free agent market. While this does not seem to be a terrible deal, given that very few others of signed, its hard to figure out if you needed to give him 3 years. With the benefit of hindsight they overpaid Cespedes even though he was worth more to them then perhaps anyone else.

Not confident in what this means for Conforto’s current prognosis/estimated return date. Especially if the current rumors of the Mets sill being interested in a McCutchen/Josh Harrison package are true, despite Bruce’s re-signing.

Shoulder injuries+power hitting is not good. If conforto is worse then they thought then we almost have to deal for the Cutch/jHarisson package, if we’re tying to contend in ‘18. If the rumor of PITT being interested in Lagares is real, then a Lagares+Lugo/Gsellman/Montero package should get it done, maybe adding a Guillorme if need be, seeing as I believe we’d be taking on all Cutch/Harr salaries, and possibly kicking in a few $ to offset Lags salary. Wilpons gonna wilpon, so them going all in monetarily this offseason regardless of the Bruce move, is not a given. Wait & see approach for this Mets fan....

To add on, and say in a vacuum Conforto is fine and will return in May, then I’d cut the BS and get on the Toddfather bandwagon and get his ass on the NYM 25-man roster ASAP for 3 years/$35M and move AssCab to 2b and tell him to shut up and play lol. Frazier’s defense+power combo is just what this infield and lineup needs

I’ll go to war with

Rosario
Conforto
Ces
Bruce
Frazier
Smith
Cabrera
C
P

All day and pray Mickey/Eiland can keep the P heathy!!

Reactions: redking
Talk all you want. If the pitchers are not perfect then 100 losses will absolutely happen.

Most likely yes. This is eiland and Callaways biggest challenge. Thor+JdG must stay healthy and make 30 ace-like starts. If they can get 25 or so 3.50 ERA with an average of 6+ IP from both harvey & Matz, then Mickey and Dave each deserve the nobel prize lol. Familia is a huge key to the goal as well. Familia has gotta be familia with that nasty sinker slider combo

Talk all you want. If the pitchers are not perfect then 100 losses will absolutely happen.

i don't see it. They still play in the NL East, where they get 19 games vs. Philadelphia, Miami, and Atlanta. They have long stretches where they play only those three teams. It's always gonna be hard for them to not flirt with .500 and a shot at the second wild card in the NL.

Reactions: MikeR0102
Those who slam me go for it. Yes they are in the NL Least but Atlanta is better and the Phils are better the Nats are the Nats and even without Stanton Ozuna Gordon and friends they usually wilt against the Miami Jeters ..Matz Wheeler Harvey and Familia have seen their best days.I don't like it but after being a Rutgers fan my whole life I know when a fish stinks.

Reactions: tico brown
Smith doesn't need another year at AAA, he needs to discover Slim Fast, and I mean fast! He's a leg injury waiting to happen every time he runs out an at bat. Disgusting that the #2 prospect has been able to rise through the ranks that heavy. I guess it speaks to how little is down on the farm.

i don't see it. They still play in the NL East, where they get 19 games vs. Philadelphia, Miami, and Atlanta. They have long stretches where they play only those three teams. It's always gonna be hard for them to not flirt with .500 and a shot at the second wild card in the NL.
Camps haven't even opened and your harping on this already,lol. Can we at least wait and see if in fact those teams will be bad?

I don’t care if he’s a Rutgers grad, as a Mets fan, I do not want Frazier. We don’t need another low-average, high-strikeout, past-his-prime player.

The more ifs you have e.g. (if he improves over last year, if they come back from injuries etc.) the more likely it is that a number of them won't come to a positive fruition.

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN reporting Matt Harvey avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $5.625 million dollar contract. That represents a $500,000 raise for someone who went 5-7 with a 6.70 era in a limited season. Many of you out there getting large raises for at best, mediocre performance?

Smith doesn't need another year at AAA, he needs to discover Slim Fast, and I mean fast! He's a leg injury waiting to happen every time he runs out an at bat. Disgusting that the #2 prospect has been able to rise through the ranks that heavy. I guess it speaks to how little is down on the farm.
Looks like he' doing his part in the offseason.

He looks like he's slimmed down a bit.

The SNY guys were discussing the possible Duda return last night, saying how it makes financial sense. However, I don't care if he's willing to play for free. It doesn't make baseball sense. In this era of the 13 man pitching staff and 4 man bench, no team can afford to keep two lefty first basemen who play no other position.

UNLESS:
  1. The Mets have already decided that Smith starts the year in AAA (which I don't think they have) OR
  2. The Mets think Smith is trade bait and want Duda as a bridge to Alonzo. This would not shock me.

Also of note is that the Mets re-signed Jennry Mejia for $1.7M which is the minimum allowable amount given his salary history. While he is technically banned for life, he can apply for reinstatement next month. If his application is granted the Mets have retained his rights. If it isn't, they don't have to pay him. So we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT