ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Round 2 Rainstorm 1/12 (not as bad as round 1); Rainstorm 1/9-10 - Major Urban/Stream Flooding, High Winds and Coastal Flooding Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really not looking forward to this storm. It will ruin all the good snow from this weekend at the nearby ski areas. Then I have friends in areas like Spanky that will be severely impacted by flooding. It's going to suck.

Last edited:
So you learned a new phrase today, but haven't quite figured out what it means yet, I see. It's not fear mongering, it's simply pointing out a few facts about that company, which are not in dispute, unless you want to tell us you're a fan of 90 day forecasts.

Interesting that you are posting something perhaps a decade old and disputed

How about let people decide. Imagine if someone didnt buy a tech company how many stories would be suppressed right now that were in fact quite true

Also, high wind warnings are now up for the entire DE/NJ/NY coasts for winds of 35-45 mph with gusts to 60 mph, while wind advisories are up for just about everywhere else for gusts up to 50-55 mph. These kinds of winds will lead to some downed trees/wires and power outages, especially given the highly saturated soils.

And coastal flood advisories up for the Delaware River past Trenton and the Hudson River up through NENJ/NYC to the Tappan Zee, but are not yet up for the NJ Shore (but might go up later) and a Coastal Flood Warning is up for most of LI and the Chesapeake Bay for widespread moderate to locally major tidal flooding, especially with Wednesday morning's high tide.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Interesting that you are posting something perhaps a decade old and disputed

How about let people decide. Imagine if someone didnt buy a tech company how many stories would be suppressed right now that were in fact quite true
Ok, for the sake of the thread, leave the privatization question out of the discussion. Do you support a company that would knowingly put out indefensible 45 and 90 day forecasts? Those are purely clickbait and they give me pause in using their forecasts even for the short-term, as there's a trust issue there for me.

Ok, for the sake of the thread, leave the privatization question out of the discussion. Do you support a company that would knowingly put out indefensible 45 and 90 day forecasts? Those are purely clickbait and they give me pause in using their forecasts even for the short-term, as there's a trust issue there for me.

Everything doesnt revolve around you

Let people make their own decisions. I am pretty sure people can take what they want from 90 day forecasts. Perhaps mets who get 7 day forecasts wrong should get fined?

I am really not looking forward to this storm. It will ruin all the good snow from this weekend at the nearby ski areas. Then I have friends in areas like Spanky that will be severely impacted by flooding. It's going to suck.
If this storm delivers 3-4" of rain, the river flooding is going to be widespread and moderate to major and there will also likely be localized flash flooding given high rainfall rates, especially N/W where there is significant snowpack with will mostly melt. Coupled with high winds and some power outages, this storm is absolutely going to suck. Let's hope this one underperforms and we only get 1-2" of rain, which will be much less impactful.

Also, to add insult to injury, we're likely to get another 1-2" of rain Friday night/Saturday...

Let people make their own decisions. I am pretty sure people can take what they want from 90 day forecasts. Perhaps mets who get 7 day forecasts wrong should get fined?
Are you seriously going to argue that there is value in a 45 or 90 day forecast? Scientifically, you must know you're completely wrong if that's the case. I'm not advocating making them illegal, as people are allowed to consume dumb/wrong info if they want, but at the very least, why support such companies?

And now you want to fine mets who get forecasts wrong? I wouldn't have thought you'd support creating some bloated bureaucracy to administer such a thing. Another dumb idea.

Reactions: mikemarc1

Yep, looking at flooding off of the Ramapo River now, looks like minor flood stage by Wednesday morning. Who knows what it'll be once all the snowmelt starts flowing into it upstream. Pompton River in Pompton Plains is gonna be much worse, gotta bet Route 23 will be closed once again.

Reactions: Section124
Are you seriously going to argue that there is value in a 45 or 90 day forecast? Scientifically, you must know you're completely wrong if that's the case. I'm not advocating making them illegal, as people are allowed to consume dumb/wrong info if they want, but at the very least, why support such companies?

And now you want to fine mets who get forecasts wrong? I wouldn't have thought you'd support creating some bloated bureaucracy to administer such a thing. Another dumb idea.

Just saying..if you really cared about accountability...just faux outrage about Accuweather

Ya know they have other shorter forecasts.

The RAC won't be directly affected unless the roof leaks. But getting there from certain areas could be problematic (or more likely, getting back home) as low lying areas along your route flood get closed off. Little culverts end up getting inundated, and then you have to figure out how to get around the closure.
Thanks! You saved me a bunch of typing. If people go to the game just be aware of the areas that you know are prone to flooding on your way home.

Reactions: rurichdog

So then how about you don’t get mad when weather threads are started too early for your liking….

As you just said above…let people “take what they want” from them…fair?

So then how about you don’t get mad when weather threads are started too early for your liking….

As you just said above…let people “take what they want” from them…fair?

Weird flex..its not like im reporting him..are you against free speech. Its a message board...people are posting opinions. Its not a science (ahem whatever is left of it) board

Weird flex..it’s not like im reporting him..are you against free speech. It’s a message board...people are posting opinions. Its not a science (ahem whatever is left of it) board

Absolutely not. Just pointing out the irony here..not trying to flex. Just doesn’t make much sense to me that you’re fine with people “taking what they want” from AccuWeather’s 45 and 90 day forecasts but if a weather thread is started 5 days before a potential storm you say it’s way too early…

Weird flex..its not like im reporting him..are you against free speech. Its a message board...people are posting opinions. Its not a science (ahem whatever is left of it) board
Not to speak for him, but I think he’s just recommending that you not argue with Numbers on every piece of minutiae and let these threads breathe a little. People like these threads. The traffic speaks for itself. Let people read them and take away what they want without having to wade through the bicker clutter.

Absolutely not. Just pointing out the irony here..not trying to flex. Just doesn’t make much sense to me that you’re fine with people “taking what they want” from AccuWeather’s 45 and 90 day forecasts but if a weather thread is started 5 days before a potential storm you say it’s way too early…

Why are you trolling

Very obvious that for all the so called mean girls on one side the same anount of tired ass posts are coming from the Number stans

Not to speak for him, but I think he’s just recommending that you not argue with Numbers on every piece of minutiae and let these threads breathe a little. People like these threads. The traffic speaks for itself. Let people read them and take away what they want without having to wade through the bicker clutter.

Someone posted something from Accuweather and Numbers chimed in disparaging it.so why arent you calling him out as well. See how that works. Be accountable. Big part of this is the continued chiming in from peanut gallery

Why are you trolling

Very obvious that for all the so called mean girls on one side the same anount of tired ass posts are coming from the Number stans
Prime example. We’re trying to talk rain and flooding here. Is this necessary or productive?

Why are you trolling

Not trolling at all..trying to have a convo so I’ll ask again…

Why are you ok with 45 and 90 day forecasts but not ok with a weather thread started 5 days before a potential storm? Can’t people take what they want from each?

I dont read 90 day forecasts so who are you even arguing with

People can give opinions here..right now you are trolling

Someone posted something from Accuweather and Numbers chimed in..so why arent you calling him out as well. See how that works. Be accountable
Honestly, I don’t give a f—k. I’m here to discuss the upcoming event and observations of the impact that our community has. I skimmed the Accuweather back and forth because it’s boring and has little to do with the upcoming event.

Reactions: FastMJ
@bac2therac has a tendency to clutch to his pearls and keep revisiting the same themes. Just go see his posts on the women's basketball boards. Never has anything good to say and keeps reverting back to "what should have been done." What's done is done. Cut it the F loose already.

@bac2therac has a tendency to clutch to his pearls and keep revisiting the same themes. Just go see his posts on the women's basketball boards. Never has anything good to say and keeps reverting back to "what should have been done." What's done is done. Cut it the F loose already.

Why bring womens hoops in this thread

Its a trainwreck right now

Exactly. That attitude gets you canned at work.

Ya know they have other shorter forecasts.
I mentioned how those are generally fine for the short term in my original reply to you, but I guess I'd rather give my business "clicks" to companies that don't put out products that are complete BS, knowing they're complete BS (there hasn't been a met in the business that I know of who hasn't condemned their stupid 45/90 day forecasts). Free country though, so click away.

I mentioned how those are generally fine for the short term in my original reply to you, but I guess I'd rather give my business "clicks" to companies that don't put out products that are complete BS, knowing they're complete BS (there hasn't been a met in the business that I know of who hasn't condemned their stupid 45/90 day forecasts). Free country though, so click away.

They have mets working for them no? Are you saying they arent qualified?

So as i said why didnt you call out Numbers

The hypocrisy here is insane. You guys rushed in to defend him here
He was responding to someone attacking him with Accuweather. And as I said in another post, I really don’t care about that discussion. Now let’s leave that crap alone and get back to tomorrow’s event.

Bernie Rayno and Mark Mancusco formerly of TWC are they not respected meterologists with 30 years plus in the business

Agree with BAC who I’m supposedly “trolling”…lol. People should take away what they want from 45 and 90 day forecasts. But according to BAC, 5 day forecast posts here shouldn’t be started. Just a weird view.

Why bring womens hoops in this thread

Its a trainwreck right now
You are a trainwreck with your constant debbie downer crap here and on the WBB board. Concentrate on men's hoops. I can do whatever I please. I'll bring your weather crap over to women's hoops if I want to. 😉 I still think you are a fairly solid poster enough of the time and agree with you on several things though.

Bernie Rayno and Mark Mancusco formerly of TWC are they not respected meterologists with 30 years plus in the business

I think Rayno is a hype artist…I’m not too familiar with other accuweather meteorologists but again, I have no issue with them

You are a trainwreck with your constant debbie downer crap here and on the WBB board. Concentrate on men's hoops. I can do whatever I please. I'll bring your weather crap over to women's hoops if I want to. 😉 I still think you are a fairly solid poster enough of the time and agree with you on several things though.

Cvs ran the program into the ground. Many posters saw it coming from 1000 miles away but posters put their head in the sand. Coquise is an Eddie Jordan hire for 3 years until Hobbs gets serious about the program again.

So as i said why didnt you call out Numbers

The hypocrisy here is insane. You guys rushed in to defend him here
Because he is not the one ruining every weather thread and annoying everyone. As you said yourself, read it and make your own interpretations. Or better yet, start your own weather threads and stop posting on these. Let the board members determine where they want to invest their time.

Reactions: TRU2RU and Kbee3
Agree with BAC who I’m supposedly “trolling”…lol. People should take away what they want from 45 and 90 day forecasts. But according to BAC, 5 day forecast posts here shouldn’t be started. Just a weird view.
Bizarre honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT