ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Round 2 Rainstorm 1/12 (not as bad as round 1); Rainstorm 1/9-10 - Major Urban/Stream Flooding, High Winds and Coastal Flooding Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
HREFs are often overdone, but if that were to verify, we'd need an ark and we'd be seeing 70 mph gusts at the coast. The NBM (blend of models) is probably a better way to go with this and 2-3" is still pretty serious and the NBM shows wind gusts in the low 60 mph range at the coast and 50-55 mph inland (from about 9 pm to 1 am), which is pretty bad.

PK6KsAf.png

Reactions: Knight Shift
The governor is a jackass for the state of emergency already. My son’s office told him not to come in tomorrow. He generally only goes in until lunchtime anyway due to their hybrid schedule. The rain is not even supposed to start until 1-2 PM up here. Screws up the rest of his week because Wednesday will be the sh*t show.
You’re an idiot

In my neighborhood, no. Never been a problem. The adjacent neighborhood (lower land) gets totally f'ed up due to ground water rising into basements. Their water table is very high. No surface flooding, which in some ways is easier to deal with.

During flooding events, I always think about Manville and the Lost Valley. I was on the local flood control commission for 5-6 years and tons of Manville residents would attend. Their stories were always heartbreaking. And all due to the MF'ing overdevelopment in CNJ, much of it pushed by the state.

Mount Laurel

The governor is a jackass for the state of emergency already. My son’s office told him not to come in tomorrow. He generally only goes in until lunchtime anyway due to their hybrid schedule. The rain is not even supposed to start until 1-2 PM up here. Screws up the rest of his week because Wednesday will be the sh*t show.
Is your son a grown man? Maybe this is between him and his employer and has nothing to do with Murphy, you, us, or this board.

Mount Laurel
Yup. But to be specific, the Mount Laurel decisions (there were a few of them) aren't that bad or the problem. What F'ed up the state is how the NJ legislature decided to address the ruling and how to implement the fair share housing mandate. They created the mess by paying off developers (who are the biggest political contributors in NJ after the teachers union) and allowing them to build 4-5 market rate units for every COAH/low-income unit. That multiplier is the reason for the massive expansion in development and increase in flooding.

Reactions: bac2therac
Yup. But to be specific, the Mount Laurel decisions (there were a few of them) aren't that bad or the problem. What F'ed up the state is how the NJ legislature decided to address the ruling and how to implement the fair share housing mandate. They created the mess by paying off developers (who are the biggest political contributors in NJ after the teachers union) and allowing them to build 4-5 market rate units for every COAH/low-income unit. That multiplier is the reason for the massive expansion in development and increase in flooding.
What does this have to do with the impending rain storm or flooding. C'mon already.

Reactions: Ridge 22
Tornados on the Panhandle
Talked to my buddies Tallahasee , they are all hunkering down, preparing for some bad weather

Let me know when you’re up for catching a game there, it is truly an awesome scene, and in my opinion, one of the best, if not the best in all of college football

We buy 4 gallons of milk each week at Costco. I hate it when there's snow coming, because people think we're buying because of that.... when in reality, we'd probably save money in our house by purchasing a cow.

You should. I have a friend with 30+ cows on his farm. (hopefully this OT's the OT) The raw milk is amazing. Once you go raw, you dont go back

Reactions: Knight Shift
This thread totally went off the rails. We need the rain observations to start. 😄

Mods need to shut this one down an issue warnings for those going off the rails

Hopefully a new one can start that’s productive and actually touches on the important thing, which is a severity of this rain and wind that will be coming shortly

My office just announced a 3pm closing (doesn't matter to me, working from home today). Also, no after school activities for the little one.

Reactions: NickRU714
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT