ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Why have a fee if he can't walk away? That makes no sense.
Break-up fees aren’t typically intended to simply allow a party to walk away. They usually address situations such as not getting req’d regulatory or antitrust approvals.

Break-up fees aren’t typically intended to simply allow a party to walk away. They usually address situations such as not getting req’d regulatory or antitrust approvals.

I believe everything is negotiable and there is always a way out. Especially for a guy like Musk who will do anything. I have a couple friends who do activist investing. What goes on behind the scenes is crazy and never gets in the news.

But I think he plans on going forward with the purchase and if had to predict the unpredictable the deals gets done in the mid 40's.

I believe everything is negotiable and there is always a way out. Especially for a guy like Musk who will do anything. I have a couple friends who do activist investing. What goes on behind the scenes is crazy and never gets in the news.

But I think he plans on going forward with the purchase and if had to predict the unpredictable the deals gets done in the mid 40's.
I don’t know where this mess ultimately lands but I’d be surprised if Twitter bends over given all the turmoil Musk has created. I still think Musk is pursuing financing only to avoid something like an anticipatory breach of contract or specific performance lawsuit.

I don’t know where this mess ultimately lands but I’d be surprised if Twitter bends over given all the turmoil Musk has created. I still think Musk is pursuing financing only to avoid something like an anticipatory breach of contract or specific performance lawsuit.

I have no idea either, that's why this one is fun to watch.

I don't think Twitter will bend over but Musk with incentivize the board members to come his way somehow. Board members typically only care about themselves and since they will be cut off from the free money once Musk takes it private he will find a way to compensate them to vote his way.

Big beats from retailers ranging for William Sonoma and Macy's to Dollar General.

Remember HD had a good quarter as well.

WMT and TGT had those ugly qtr's so it's not all rosy, but consumer still looks strong overall.

WTI has not cooled, but it has not taken another leg up yet either. IF we can finally get inflation to cool in a significant way, we should be in good shape.

Is Boeing going to survive? Current price $122 , down to 68% from ATH, which is the price level in 2014, 8 years ago. Is it a good long term investment,3-5 years?
The narrative as I hear it is current mgmt is just not executing.

I'm thinking the CEO getting the boot would be cause for a nice jump.

But you have to believe one way or another BA get's its act together. Plenty of potential upside here.

Chadka from Deutsche still has a S&P price target of 5250. Though he thinks, given where the market currently is, we will see it in early 2023.
Works for me. Chadka is one of the best analysts in the world. :)

The narrative as I hear it is current mgmt is just not executing.

I'm thinking the CEO getting the boot would be cause for a nice jump.

But you have to believe one way or another BA get's its act together. Plenty of potential upside here.
And of course Boeing isn't going anywhere. Who else is going to build passenger airplanes? They have one hell of a wide moat.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
And of course Boeing isn't going anywhere. Who else is going to build passenger airplanes? They have one hell of a wide moat.
The Chinese airplane manufacturer just getting started and starting to provide planes for the Chinese airlines, reduce Boeing market. In 5-8 years, will they be affected?

If not, this is a great opportunity to invest in Boeing, almost a sure thing. Stock hasn’t been this low since 2014.

OK, just Brought some BA shares.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05
Wasn't someone asking for a site that historical P/E's a couple weeks ago?

Here's the one for BA. Goes back to 2010. BA traded at around a 10x / low teens multiple for awhile, then traded into the high teens / 20x multiple near the end of the decade and into the Covid dip.

It's been in the red since covid, with pretty much all misses. EPS expected to grow to 11.88 by 2025, but how much confidence can we have in that given the misses?

Eventually though you have to figure it can get back to it's pre covid EPS which was around 17x. Throw a 15x multiple on that and you're looking at $235ish. Merely a question of when I thinks.

Covid induced dept needs to be factored in as well. Was $11b in 2017. Around $54b now(which is down from $63 a couple qtr's back). Though I imagine at a much better rate.

Last edited:
NVDA up today over 5% after posting amazing earnings. Buy this one as much as you can. PEG is under 1. Truly undervalued!

Earnings beat for MRVL.

AEO with a miss. Though with the note that excess inventory will lead to higher discounts. Bad for them, good for the inflation story.

Earnings beat for MRVL.

AEO with a miss. Though with the note that excess inventory will lead to higher discounts. Bad for them, good for the inflation story.
+1
MRVL with a nice report, up 5% today and now another 3% after hours. Semi play #2! Gotta own both long-term.

The demand slowing/inflation crashing story is picking up steam.

Last edited:
And GAP with the miss. Down 12%.

Gap says inflation hurting low income consumers.

Tim Seymour calls their inventory mismanagment laughable.

Reactions: T2Kplus20

A bunch of well known companies f'ed up their inventories last quarter. I guess the inflation problem caught them by surprise.

Personally, I think inventory management has been tough the last couple years for many companies. Between Covid, China, and supply chain challenges, I’d have to think it’s been difficult.

Personally, I think inventory management has been tough the last couple years for many companies. Between Covid, China, and supply chain challenges, I’d have to think it’s been difficult.
Ya, maybe, but some retailers are reporting excellent quarters. Though maybe they are just in the right place at the right time.

NVDA up today over 5% after posting amazing earnings. Buy this one as much as you can. PEG is under 1. Truly undervalued!
I’m not sure where you get that number from. NVDA PEG ratio is in the 2.15 range (based on most legit sites) which is higher than the general semi industry. Today’s bounce isn’t a surprise because there are plenty of folks in DCA mode since it’s down over 40%, not to mention it gets pumped more than any other semi. Still too expensive for my liking.

I’m not sure where you get that number from. NVDA PEG ratio is in the 2.15 range (based on most legit sites) which is higher than the general semi industry. Today’s bounce isn’t a surprise because there are plenty of folks in DCA mode since it’s down over 40%, not to mention it gets pumped more than any other semi. Still too expensive for my liking.
NVIDIA PE ratio as of May 20, 2022 is 43.67. They just reported growth of over 44%, so PEG should be under 1.

EDIT - NVIDIA PE ratio as of May 25, 2022 is 40.22, so even better.

NVDA = undervalued (buy, buy, buy!)

🚀

Last edited:
Nope, under 1 as per Fidelity. Just checked.
Yeah check again. I looked at Fidelity and about 5 other sites. Ain’t under 1.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/32/02/14BF82F7-6736-4F72-A24A-B94A93C6D52E/file.pdf

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/32/02/14BF82F7-6736-4F72-A24A-B94A93C6D52E/file.pdf
It says 0.98 on the Fidelity profile. I'm also seeing multiple P/E ratios, which I don't understand. I guess forward versus current or something like that?

It says 0.98 on the Fidelity profile. I'm also seeing multiple P/E ratios, which I don't understand. I guess forward versus current or something like that?
Discrepency might be whether you are talking 21 into 22 growth, which was around 40 something %, or 22 into 23 which is estimated to be 20 something %. Now if you are using the latter, do realize that NVDA hasn't missed on earning in over 3 years.

Or GAAP vs non GAAP. We talked about this kind of recently. E-Trade will show a different PE in different places. Frustrating not know which is which. Or why they even choose to do it like that.

Or GAAP vs non GAAP. We talked about this kind of recently. E-Trade will show a different PE in different places. Frustrating not know which is which. Or why they even choose to do it like that.
Yeah, I remember that conversation. Confused me back then as well! Bottom line, just buy NVDA and put it on a shelf.

Reactions: RU-05
NVIDIA PE ratio as of May 20, 2022 is 43.67. They just reported growth of over 44%, so PEG should be under 1.

EDIT - NVIDIA PE ratio as of May 25, 2022 is 40.22, so even better.

NVDA = undervalued (buy, buy, buy!)

🚀

PEG ratio in this environment should be taken with a grain of salt. Earnings and growth could very easily come down in the up coming months. Inflation is way too erratic.

Yeah, I remember that conversation. Confused me back then as well! Bottom line, just buy NVDA and put it on a shelf.
Keep in mind you loved NVDA at $330. Of all the major semis, it’s prob gotten pummeled the most. I’m not opposed to NVDA at current levels but I think it will likely go lower during the next shake-out. I’m still not convinced we’ve had the major capitulation event yet.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
Keep in mind you loved NVDA at $330. Of all the major semis, it’s prob gotten pummeled the most. I’m not opposed to NVDA at current levels but I think it will likely go lower during the next shake-out. I’m still not convinced we’ve had the major capitulation event yet.
You can catch that falling knife repeatedly. Best to let it hit the floor.

NVDA at $330 will look cheap in a year or two. I own a TON of NVDA via funds. It is tied for my 4th biggest holding on our retirement accounts. I started directly buying NVDA for my fun account at $199 and made a few other purchases along the way. Bottom line.....I want more! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT