ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Thread: NCAA Wrestling Championships Session 1 Thur Noon

Nice first session. Guys who should have taken care of business did. O and Shakur Rasheed needs a haircut. Friggin hippie.[laughing]

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUPOWER
Mizzou closing out session with 6 pts. Thought they would be higher.
Some of their wrestlers were seeded suspectly high... rewarded for easy schedule and apparently one of their coaches is on the seeding council or something..

Where are the updated team scores? On the NCAA site it gives last year's lol!
ESPNU just had the graphic up and we were at #7. Now I know we'll fade some but it was pretty cool for a minute to see us that high. We used to not score 8.5 pts. in the entire tournament.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Took this off the NCAA site

Penn State finishes with a bang ... PIN ... for Nevills ... Iowa (18.5), Ohio State (17), Penn State (16), NC State (12), Michigan (11), Oklahoma State (9), Rutgers (8.5), Arizona State (8), Cornell (8), Minnesota (8) ... your top 10

Took this off the NCAA site

Penn State finishes with a bang ... PIN ... for Nevills ... Iowa (18.5), Ohio State (17), Penn State (16), NC State (12), Michigan (11), Oklahoma State (9), Rutgers (8.5), Arizona State (8), Cornell (8), Minnesota (8) ... your top 10

Rutgers 8.5 Points after 1st Session:
John Van Brill 3.0
Nick Suriano 2.5
Richie Lewis 2.0
Nick Gravina 1.0

Too early to be concerned about team standings. When you only qualify six its hard to have great expectations there. JVB with the fall was the positive surprise in Round 1. Hopefully Scott D and DeLuca can make some noise in the wrestle backs. No reason to hold anything back.

It took about 7 hours to get here for your answer. We have tough matches tonight with NS getting Moisey who was NCAA runner-up 2 years ago. JVB gets Monday who beat him 16-4 in dual meet in January. RL gets White who he beat 2-1 in SV 1 in dual meet. Gravina gets # 3 seed Ryan Preisch of Lehigh who is tough. Need to have our wrestling shoes on tonight.

Where can you find detailed schedule of times for each weight class?

Rutgers wrestling twitter account shows what mat each RU guy is on when they are on deck. ESPN 3 shows all eight mats. You can click on what mat you want to see. I'll switch to Mat 1-8 on ESPN 3 after viewing RU wrestling twitter update.

I follow RU Wrestling Twitter as well. Click when mats are tweeted.
I watch track wrestling for assignments.

Watched all 1st round bouts on my phone (Computer can't get access at work)

I follow RU Wrestling Twitter as well. Click when mats are tweeted.
I watch track wrestling for assignments.

Watched all 1st round bouts on my phone (Computer can't get access at work)

Van Brill will be on mat 6 after two bouts.

Update Van brill on deck mat 6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT