ADVERTISEMENT

4 those interested...

IroniaHorse

Freshman
Dec 23, 2013
Tyree Sutton(Keansburg, Iowa Centrall CC) is the Top seed #197 at
Njcaa National Championships. Natty's start tomorrow(flo/floArena).
Tyree beat the then #1 17-6 about 3 weeks ago,and beat him again
10-2 in reg finals last week. TS goes into Natty's ranked #1.
#H4L

No, not for next year. Has at least one more year of Juco.

Can anyone explain the clearinghouse rules for those that don’t qualify academically in high school? Seems odd that if his grades are good this year that there isn’t a way for him to qualify via that and/or for him to test his way in.

Tyree Sutton(Keansburg, Iowa Centrall CC) is the Top seed #197 at
Njcaa National Championships. Natty's start tomorrow(flo/floArena).
Tyree beat the then #1 17-6 about 3 weeks ago,and beat him again
10-2 in reg finals last week. TS goes into Natty's ranked #1.
#H4L
4 stop teasing us.

Can anyone explain the clearinghouse rules for those that don’t qualify academically in high school? Seems odd that if his grades are good this year that there isn’t a way for him to qualify via that and/or for him to test his way in.

If you were a non-qualifier out of High School...you must Graduate from the two year college and have at least 48 transferable credit hours. This is his first year at Iowa Central, still a long way to go.

Reactions: IroniaHorse
If you were a non-qualifier out of High School...you must Graduate from the two year college and have at least 48 transferable credit hours. This is his first year at Iowa Central, still a long way to go.

Thanks.

Can you explain what is the difference between going Juco and needing an associates degree and with Glasgow doing prep school for a year? I am not familiar with these aspects of the NCAA rules.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Can you explain what is the difference between going Juco and needing an associates degree and with Glasgow doing prep school for a year? I am not familiar with these aspects of the NCAA rules.

I am only going by what I was told about Glasgow.....I was told he only needed one class to have the required core classes to pass the NCAA clearinghouse(he transferred to Bound Brook and they thought one class counted but it did not so it was almost like a clerical issue). From what I was told, he would have been a qualifier if not for that class.

For Juco, if you were a Non Qualifier out of High School you need to graduate(2 years) and have 48 transferable credits.
Juco-Qualifier out of High School-you really only need 12 credits(one semester) to go to transfer

I am only going by what I was told about Glasgow.....I was told he only needed one class to have the required core classes to pass the NCAA clearinghouse(he transferred to Bound Brook and they thought one class counted but it did not so it was almost like a clerical issue). From what I was told, he would have been a qualifier if not for that class.

For Juco, if you were a Non Qualifier out of High School you need to graduate(2 years) and have 48 transferable credits.
Juco-Qualifier out of High School-you really only need 12 credits(one semester) to go to transfer

Wow that's a big clerical issue that could have derailed his chances.I guess it is important to be educated about core classes that qualify you for the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT