ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022-23 NHL thread….Devils & Rangers & Islanders

Devils nice job last night beating a tough Red Wings team on their ice 6-2.

Right now the Devils rankings in the league:

#1 in Shots for per game
#1 in Fewest shots allowed per game (by 4 per game)
#2 in 5 on 5 CF%
#1 in 5 on 5 xGF% (by 6%!!!)
#1 in 5 on 5 high danger CF% (by 6%!!!)
#32 in 5 on 5 SV%
#32 in 5 on 5 PDO
I've been playing hockey for almost 30 years and I don't even know what half of those stats are. 😂

It's pretty telling though that they are first in shots allowed and dead last in 5 on 5 save percentage.

How bout those Devils ! Hope they’re in playoff contention near trade deadline as they simply need some depth on 3rd and 4th lines and maybe some goaltending and team can be quite good.

The problem is that the “1940” chant was well used (and very effective) pre94 as a dig at Rangers fans that they hadn’t won anything since 1940.

To recycle it as meaning they have only won once since 1940 is kind of weak. It has been long enough since they won that updating the year would work, but unfortunately “Nineteen ninety four” just doesn’t roll off the tongue like the last one.
The NJ Meadowlands Arena sellout attendance was 19 thousand 40. Not making that up.

Great job by the Devils tonight beating the Avs 1-0. Colorado was 0 for 6 on the power play.

How bout those Devils ! Hope they’re in playoff contention near trade deadline as they simply need some depth on 3rd and 4th lines and maybe some goaltending and team can be quite good.

Vintage Devils win tn
devils-puddy.gif

Kratsov seems like an injury machine. Dallas’ uniforms are difficult on the eyes.

Kratsov has to be thinking F this league.
Send me back to the big ice
First time my older guy played on the big sheet in college as a defenseman he was a little off.

He said afterwards, “Dad my angles were all messed up.”

Are all the Ranger fans buying Potvin Socks?

Was actually thinking about it. I think it's clever, and good for him if he can make a few bucks.

For the record, the hit was not dirty; timing was unfortunate because the players' skate was caught in a rut, but zero chance that Potvin knew that OR that he took advantage of it.

Great Win on a day of celebration for Kenny D. The NJD look like they are growing up and coming together.

Fitzgerald better use some of that money earmarked for Johnny G. and get Jasper B. signed long-term. The price keeps going up.

So better play in the net, good stuff ahead?

Last edited:
No one should get a point for a 0-0 tie. I mean...seriously? The game should just end...no OT, no points. If they are going to stick with this messed up system where the losing team gets a free extra point just for getting to OT, they should at least have some standards.

Eastern Division has just 2 teams with losing records. Western 5 so far.
Love the great start by the Devils. It may actually get me watching the NHL a lot earlier this season. Normally after New Years day but this season is different so far.

FWIW, the Devils’ analytics are off the charts so far. They haven’t taken less than 37 shots, nor have given up more than 25 in a game yet this year. Nearly every opposing coach has commented on their speed. They’re no longer easy to play against. Last night wasn’t their best game, but they still rolled to a win on the road. Two big tests coming up in CGY and EDM (two places they never play well).

Reactions: TM94goRU
Eastern Division has just 2 teams with losing records. Western 5 so far.
Love the great start by the Devils. It may actually get me watching the NHL a lot earlier this season. Normally after New Years day but this season is different so far.
Should be 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT/shootout win and 1 point for an OT/shootout loss/regulation tie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT