ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G additions

you have to imagine that the those calling the shots in the Texas are going to look at FSU and whomever with the BIG (truly a national conference) and regret carrying OU
I’m still wondering why Texas chose to go to the SEC. They are perfect fit for the Big Ten in every, way shape and form, yet for some reason, decided to go there. Baffles me.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I just posted both the article about adding women’s lax and Alfords comments regarding title 9

No, I don’t know all the particulars re current mens vs women’s scholarships

I don’t keep up with every single sport at FSU - truthfully, I’m more concerned with football, which thankfully shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon with a young coach, great recruiting class and robust NIL program
You don't know anything as I said before. You just keep throwing shit on the wall hoping it would stick. You are just one of those people that are completely unaware all the time.

The bottom line is, who brings more eye balls to the party. Is it FSU, Clemson, UNC, or UVA? I think UNC brings the most and it is a toss up with the rest.

I’m still wondering why Texas chose to go to the SEC. They are perfect fit for the Big Ten in every, way shape and form, yet for some reason, decided to go there. Baffles me.
BIG wouldn't take OU (unofficial channels) and Texas won't leave them. Odd yes but I give it 10yrs and Texas may be the next big surprise. Texas wants national and not regional

Reactions: cicero grimes
Just like RU, if UNC moves to the Big10 that would bring eyeballs as UNC, as a whole, has a big following.
you're just flat out wrong so stop

FSU is a national brand and brings in more eyeballs than most of the BIG schools. UNC doesn't bring squat

FSU, with AAU, is a homerun. Large national brand, new southern market in heart of SEC land, talent rich state, a school that brings fans to games. While I think the academics discussion is absurd given we have Nebraska and now Oregon, FSU is a legit big fish for any conference

You don't know anything as I said before. You just keep throwing shit on the wall hoping it would stick. You are just one of those people that are completely unaware all the time.
You’re correct, I don’t know the ins and outs of adding women’s lacrosse, and most of the 18 other sports that go on

Well, I am very familiar with is football, the inner workings of the program, Recruiting, NIL, etc

And as I’ve said once, but will say it again for those those avid bike riders thst also ride short bus, pay attention to the board of Governors meeting on January 31

Everything I’ve heard indicates we will be out 2 to 3 years, with 2025 as the expected start date of the new conference

Private equity money is currently being raised, and there’s a lot going on behind the scenes with Alfred, McCullough, and Peter Collins

Stay tuned

BIG wouldn't take OU (unofficial channels) and Texas won't leave them. Odd yes but I give it 10yrs and Texas may be the next big surprise. Texas wants national and not regional
Gotcha
Surprised they wouldn’t leave OU on one hand because they are Texas and they do what they want, on the other hand preserve in the red river rivalry is a very important

FSU is a national brand and brings in more eyeballs than most of the BIG schools. UNC doesn't bring squat

FSU, with AAU, is a homerun. Large national brand, new southern market in heart of SEC land, talent rich state, a school that brings fans to games. While I think the academics discussion is absurd given we have Nebraska and now Oregon, FSU is a legit big fish for any conference
This. FSU may not be UF academically right now but it’s also not Nova Southeastern. With B1G affiliation and state support parallel to UF it could very likely rise to an AAU-caliber school over time. Miami and USF just became members.

FSU is not a national brand. Heck they aren't even the biggest brand in their own state(and the Gators aren't a national brand). You see a lot more UNC gear around than any FSU gear except in Florida. Now that probably has alot to do with hoops, but that makes UNC a bigger brand. And with that comes eyeballs. Also, other than this year FSU has not been much better than UNC in football since Jimbo left.

Reactions: rumarine
FSU is not a national brand. Heck they aren't even the biggest brand in their own state(and the Gators aren't a national brand). You see a lot more UNC gear around than any FSU gear except in Florida. Now that probably has alot to do with hoops, but that makes UNC a bigger brand. And with that comes eyeballs. Also, other than this year FSU has not been much better than UNC in football since Jimbo left.
FSU is absolutely a national brand

Playing on national tv in the 80s and 90s, the Miami games, game of the century vs ND, Bowden, multiple Nattys & Heismans, Chief Osceola, the warchant, etc

UF is bigger in FL. Older, more money, more fans, more centrally located. That’s not debateable

Jimbo left in 17. By their standards, 18-21 were subpar

22 was a resurgence - this year is the standard.

NC under Mack will always put up points, but they’re the textbook definition of a paper tiger anytime the competition gets tough

We even beat them during the covid year when they had Sam Howell, and we weren’t good that year

Not correct.

I don't know how to argue brand/gear or any of that.

UNC - 2 top ten finishes in the last 75 years. 1997 6th, the other 9th. In other words... not relevant.

Contrast that with

FSU - 17 top ten finishes in the last 35 years. 3 national titles.

There is no comparison.

I don't know how to argue brand/gear or any of that.

UNC - 2 top ten finishes in the last 75 years. 1997 6th, the other 9th. In other words... not relevant.

Contrast that with

FSU - 17 top ten finishes in the last 35 years. 3 national titles.

There is no comparison.

You're underestimating the impact of hoops, with UNC getting 20k per game.

• Haha
shows how little you know
for cfb, they are top 5 in eyeballs for college football almost every year, right with Oregon and even more than ND in most years. We're not talking academics, we're talking college football

unc is nothing but a pimple on the elephant. To even suggest unc is at the table for football discussion by those that matter is almost as absurd as me being under center for our bowl game

Reactions: matty666
You're underestimating the impact of hoops, with UNC getting 20k per game.
turn off your computer, you add zero to this discussion with this. no one gives a rats ass about bball, doesn't bring in any money comparatively.

To say that bball doesn't matter is not following the Big 12 who stated the exact opposite. It would be fair to say the bball does not drive decisions for the Big 10 or SEC but not for the 3rd best conference.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
To say that bball doesn't matter is not following the Big 12 who stated the exact opposite. It would be fair to say the bball does not drive decisions for the Big 10 or SEC but not for the 3rd best conference.
Bball matters but football pays the bills
Look at the big east vs the b12

Big East has better bball, but their yearly tv contract is much less due to no football

I don't want them. Their value is diminished. They join the Big 10 and the league gets how much more? IMO adding FSU and millions of eyes in Fl are worth more.
Considering that ND has the 2nd largest fan base in college sports, it brings a lot.
Remember it’s about brand not views. Even if you want to talk about views. It still a lot of new eyes.

Same can be said about FSU, the BTN network is already in most of Florida. For the B1G alumni living there. So it’s not new accounts, just new people who weren’t watching it before. I just don’t see FSU getting out of their GOR. So until they are B1G won’t touch them. Plus they have to add a lot of sports teams to meet the requirements for that. ND will be viable when the new contract comes in 7 years.

Reactions: rumarine
OU, they won't leave OU for some odd reason. I'm more surprised the state let them get away from okie st

The bottom line is, who brings more eye balls to the party. Is it FSU, Clemson, UNC, or UVA? I think UNC brings the most and it is a toss up with the rest.
a 30 second google search will show you that unc isn't even top 40 for eyeballs. lol

no one cares, at all, about bball. hell, some of the sec schools baseball brings in more than their bball

Considering that ND has the 2nd largest fan base in college sports, it brings a lot.
Remember it’s about brand not views. Even if you want to talk about views. It still a lot of new eyes.

Same can be said about FSU, the BTN network is already in most of Florida. For the B1G alumni living there. So it’s not new accounts, just new people who weren’t watching it before. I just don’t see FSU getting out of their GOR. So until they are B1G won’t touch them. Plus they have to add a lot of sports teams to meet the requirements for that. ND will be viable when the new contract comes in 7 years.
I think you guys in the NE are just ND focused. Else send me a link to any stars if their "fan base". Ratings. I ruin Miami And FSU are better for us.

I don’t know what you’re even saying here🤷‍♂️
My interpretation is:

"We're too ND focused in the NE, even though they're popular he wants to see a star rating for their fanbase, similar to a star rating for recruits, with that being said he thinks Miami and FSU are better for the B1G"

Reality = Miami has no fans, no on campus stadium, is subpar in most every sport and hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

ND is the big fish, it's them and everyone else. UNC and FSU are next in line, in that order (according to 95, who's pretty well connected).

My interpretation is:

"We're too ND focused in the NE, even though they're popular he wants to see a star rating for their fanbase, similar to a star rating for recruits, with that being said he thinks Miami and FSU are better for the B1G"

Reality = Miami has no fans, no on campus stadium, is subpar in most every sport and hasn't been relevant in 20 years.

ND is the big fish, it's them and everyone else. UNC and FSU are next in line, in that order (according to 95, who's pretty well connected).
ND is definitely the big fish and #1 on everyone's board.

A lot depends on the speed of expansion as we're not done yet. No question FSU is a want, anyone saying otherwise is just retarded. Of course Texas could call tomorrow and the pecking order could change but the BIG is going South and into new markets for truly national conference.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't want them. Their value is diminished. They join the Big 10 and the league gets how much more? IMO adding FSU and millions of eyes in Fl are worth more.

OU, they won't leave OU for some odd reason. I'm more surprised the state let them get away from okie st

I’ve put one daughter through UT and another is currently at OU. It is THE game for both schools. Sure A&M thinks they are UT’s rival and Oklahoma State feels the same about OU. But it’s not close. OU and UT are each others arch rival. Any college football fan should have the Red River rivalry on their bucket list. It’s quite a scene at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas every year. 100k at the game and another 200k on the fairgrounds watching in beer gardens. One of top weekends for me every fall.

ND is definitely the big fish and #1 on everyone's board.

A lot depends on the speed of expansion as we're not done yet. No question FSU is a want, anyone saying otherwise is just retarded. Of course Texas could call tomorrow and the pecking order could change but the BIG is going South and into new markets for truly national conference.
Texas & ND in the same conference would be a sight to behold

I’ve put one daughter through UT and another is currently at OU. It is THE game for both schools. Sure A&M thinks they are UT’s rival and Oklahoma State feels the same about OU. But it’s not close. OU and UT are each others arch rival. Any college football fan should have the Red River rivalry on their bucket list. It’s quite a scene at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas every year. 100k at the game and another 200k on the fairgrounds watching in beer gardens. One of top weekends for me every fall.
It looks awesome on tv
I heard the area is bad which why they play at 11am central - as to not have anyone out there at njghg
Is that true?

It looks awesome on tv
I heard the area is bad which why they play at 11am central - as to not have anyone out there at njghg
Is that true?

It’s not the greatest area (getting gentrified) but there is a performing arts center right next to the cotton bowl where traveling broadway shows present and I have gone there with the Mrs for many shows and never had any issues or fears, day or night.

But there is an AT&T performing arts center just built in the last decade downtown that is soooo much nicer.

they could schedule out of conference:)

Reactions: Arizona Knight
My interpretation is:

Miami went to the final four In basketball last year (elite 8 the year before)

Reactions: matty666
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT