ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel

Wow

Per his contract, Bill Snyder will be paid $250,000 per year for as long “as he is physically and mentally able” to serve as special ambassador for Kansas State University tweets Steve Berkowitz.

Well it's that time of year and the coaching carousel should be getting into full swing today/tomorrow. Louisville/Maryland/Colorado with openings in the P5. USC/NC/TT on tap with decisions to be made.

Kansas already hired Miles.

Last night reports that TT is set to fire KK but nothing official yet.

Some guy named McCarthy is available.

Matt Canada the new frontrunner for LVille?
I still like Satterfield better myself. Still don't get why UNC didn't go for him other than maybe money/buyout. It's not as if they got Brown that cheap either, more than I expected but maybe his buyout is manageable I don't know.

It's on a lower level but both Satterfield's offenses and defense are usually good so I like seeing that complete package...if he can do something similar on the P5 he's got a chance to make some noise.

Only thing is I'd put in a protection against leaving for the state of NC.

I still like Satterfield better myself. Still don't get why UNC didn't go for him other than maybe money/buyout. It's not as if they got Brown that cheap either, more than I expected but maybe his buyout is manageable I don't know.

It's on a lower level but both Satterfield's offenses and defense are usually good so I like seeing that complete package...if he can do something similar on the P5 he's got a chance to make some noise.

Only thing is I'd put in a protection against leaving for the state of NC.
I never thought Satterfield would leave NC. His entire life he has only lived out of the state for 3 years. I am also surprised UNC didn't make a serious play for him. That being said, if they keep winning I could see both NC State and Wake jobs opening up

I never thought Satterfield would leave NC. His entire life he has only lived out of the state for 3 years. I am also surprised UNC didn't make a serious play for him. That being said, if they keep winning I could see both NC State and Wake jobs opening up
I only know from what I read about him but my mind was first UNC, second North Carolina schools, 3rd regional schools like Louisville, 4th if none those come around stay put...I never saw him as someone to come up north or go out west/midwest.

So if I'm Louisville I'd put something in to make sure he doesn't leave for 3 years at least. But you know most thought Brohm was foregone conclusion to Louisville and it didn't happen. Like I always say you never know for sure what's in guy's head and other things can come into play

Reactions: vkj91
I only know from what I read about him but my mind was first UNC, second North Carolina schools, 3rd regional schools like Louisville, 4th if none those come around stay put...I never saw him as someone to come up north or go out west/midwest.

So if I'm Louisville I'd put something in to make sure he doesn't leave for 3 years at least. But you know most thought Brohm was foregone conclusion to Louisville and it didn't happen. Like I always say you never know for sure what's in guy's head and other things can come into play
His only time outside of NC was spent in Florida.

His only time outside of NC was spent in Florida.
He was at Toledo for a year too as QB coach......but like I said I think his heavy preference is NC and then the regional south.

Mind you though if we had been looking I would still have inquired because like I said you never know....make them tell you not interested.

Good for Brohm but another example of two ADs who cannot negotiate. He's done well there but you do not pay a guy 5m-6m a year because we won 6 games at Purdue in the watered down B1G West. That's assinine and way too premature.
I have a different take on these exorbitant salaries. It used to be you got paid for results. Now it seems you are being paid based on future expectations. This is how I see it for coaches coming into new situations. The Sabans and Meyers of the world are now being paid for what they did in the past.

Satterfield looking likely at Louisville. Turner Gill retiring at Liberty to care for his wife.

Pat Forde‏Verified account@YahooForde 6m6 minutes ago
Louisville has called an athletic association board meeting for tomorrow, presumably to approve hiring of a new football coach. As @PeteThamel and I reported Sunday, all signs point to Scott Satterfield of App State.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy 9m9 minutes ago
Liberty coach Turner Gill has informed his team he is retiring immediately to take care of his wife, Gayle, who has a heart condition

Whats the most laughable is that Chris Ash still has a job at RU after a one win season and 9 players arrested.Oh yeah,recruiting is going backwards.
FIRE ASH.
What is laughable is your continuing posting of "fire Ash comments" You need to give it a break cause it isn't happening this year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Reports that FSU OC Walt Bell leaving to become HC of UMass.

FSU be a sinking ship. Willie’s coaching skills look to be a problem. He better be a top recruiter if he hopes to succeed there. The former AD gave him the job last year without any competition and now he’s working for the NCAA. The new AD will listen to the boosters in the future. Willie is preaching patience to FSU fans, as he should. Attendance looks to be turning negative. Bears watching.

FSU be a sinking ship. Willie’s coaching skills look to be a problem. He better be a top recruiter if he hopes to succeed there. The former AD gave him the job last year without any competition and now he’s working for the NCAA. The new AD will listen to the boosters in the future. Willie is preaching patience to FSU fans, as he should. Attendance looks to be turning negative. Bears watching.
Willie's career has been built on one good year before bolting to his next gig. FSU is a destination job, so he has to try to build something sustainable, a word I would not use to describe Taggart.

Willie burned a lot of bridges at Tampa high schools before leaving USF for Oregon. I think he's going to flame out at FSU within three years.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Well looks like USC won the KK sweepstakes. Let's see what he does with the talent on offense he'll have to work with there. If he does well, I'm sure he'll get another chance at HC...only 39.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account@BruceFeldmanCFB 14m14 minutes ago
BREAKING: Kliff Kingsbury has agreed to a deal with #USC, per source.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account@BruceFeldmanCFB 8m8 minutes ago
Bruce Feldman Retweeted Bruce Feldman

Kingsbury LOVES developing young talent, which was reflected in his work with Patrick Mahomes and all of those WRs he put in the NFL (Tech had more WRs on NFL rosters than any school). Staying at the college level was very appealing, and #USC has a ton of young talent at QB & WR.

Reactions: RUSK97
DMV is on the Locks down. With invasion plans for NOVA & NYC. That is all.

DMV is on the Locks down. With invasion plans for NOVA & NYC. That is all.

Good hire given his recruiting prowess. Even if he doesn't work out as a coach, he'll likely leave the program in good shape for the next person.

surprised given Marylands current mess they would hire Locksley considring what he got fired at New Mexico for..punching an asst coach,had a mystery recruit arrested upon visit..
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mbattled-coach-mike-locksley-fired-new-mexico

IT was not a recruit, it was his son's friend who got pulled over in Locks car. No infractions.

Punching an assistant years ago which is not that uncommon for coaches to have a scuffle, happened 10 years ago, He just won Broyles award as top assistant in the country. Recruited a Heisman candidate in Haskins, and is coaching the probable winner. I'd say we are getting a steal, we don't deserve.

I would say you will not believe what we are about to pull in recruiting wise.

I hope Maryland chokes on the Locksley hire. He's a reprobate, but man can he recruit, so that's all that matters.

The Maryland apologist left out the sexual misconduct. It's a tone deaf hire.

I hope Maryland chokes on the Locksley hire. He's a reprobate, but man can he recruit, so that's all that matters.

The Maryland apologist left out the sexual misconduct. It's a tone deaf hire.

No, it was age discrimination, but the suit was dropped 10 years ago because it had no merit, but yea...whatever makes you feel better.

It would be so Rutgers to watch Maryland implode this year with a huge scandal and wind up miles ahead with a new coach less than one year later.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...9-10-12/eeoc-complaint-resolved-locksley.html

It was resolved, but yea 10 years he's had no issues.

So your problem is he wanted a more attractive woman to recruit players at the front desk and a coach and he got in an argument and threw fists (This happens alot). Mistake or not, he's not attainted for life for making a few mistakes.

No, it was age discrimination, but the suit was dropped 10 years ago because it had no merit, but yea...whatever makes you feel better.
right..sexual harrassment,punching another employee.
great Hire Maryland! can recruit but horrible head coach..

Police said Butts claimed he was brought from Chicago to play
football for the Lobos. Mercogliano said Butts isn't a recruit and
isn't on the team.

Butts is facing charges of aggravated DWI, being a minor in
possession of alcohol, reckless driving and driving without a
license, police said.

It was just the latest string of missteps for Locksley.

In 2009, Locksley was served with a one-game suspension for punching one of his assistant coaches. He also was sued for sexual harassment by a former administrative assistant, though he resolved all legal claims in that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT