ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Police activity on Voorhees mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be back. The paid outside agitators who use students as useful idiots never stop. Holloway is a fking moron. Now they see what a pushover, loser he is, they'll be back bigger and more demanding and with a new list of grievances. What an embarrassing idiot.

They'll be back. The paid outside agitators who use students as useful idiots never stop. Holloway is a fking moron. Now they see what a pushover, loser he is, they'll be back bigger and more demanding and with a new list of grievances. What an embarrassing idiot.
My feelings somewhat. It just encourages the next bunch. I don't think anyone here is angry the protest is over just don't like the administration caving.

A protest can be peaceful (I'm not saying it was or it wasn't) and still not be justified. And negotiating with figurative terrorists is how you invite more bad behavior. This university still hasn't recovered from Fran Lawrence letting those dopes sit on the court at halftime of the UMass game in 1995.
LOL what has been the effect of that decision from 29 years ago?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
My feelings somewhat. It just encourages the next bunch. I don't think anyone here is angry the protest is over just don't like the administration caving.

The next bunch would also be encouraged had the camp stayed up and was raided. Probably even more encouraged than they are now.

Reactions: fsg2
Fortunately, the situation did not escalate like it did at Portland State

The one genius with the gas mask running towards the police like a retarded deer with the homemade garbage can shield was the best

The guy (and I use that term lightly) got murked, and his sympathetic (or pathetic, depending how you look at it) buddies (again, subjective term) were trying to save him from the big bad police

What a martyr !!!

Fortunately, the situation did not escalate like it did at Portland State

The one genius with the gas mask running towards the police like a retarded deer with the homemade garbage can shield was the best

The guy (and I use that term lightly) got murked, and his sympathetic (or pathetic, depending how you look at it) buddies (again, subjective term) were trying to save him from the big bad police

What a martyr !!!

That was a hilarious clip. lol.

That was a hilarious clip. lol.
Most of these guys are complete pussies

I’d have a little more respect (not really, but it sounded good) if they stood their ground

At least the freaks at UCLA didn’t back down - granted, they made a mess of the campus like a bunch of Neanderthals and hopefully got kneecaps in the patty wagon on the way to get booked, but they sure showed bravery during the chaos

Meanwhile, the idiots at Columbia cowered like a bunch of school children during the 1960s Cuban missle crisis as soon as the police stormed in

For a bunch of people allegedly so passionate about a cause, they sure found their safe space rather quickly

Fun fact ... that's the purpose of a university - to educate the students and then assess if they have learned enough to be awarded a degree in a particular field of study.
It’s not terrorism. It’s not even close to being in the same universe as terrorism. Employing hyperbole by using the word terrorism for a peaceful protest that inconvenienced some people is insulting to those people in Israel who lost their loved ones, or had them kidnapped, by actual terrorists in an actual act of terrorism.

It’s not terrorism. It’s not even close to being in the same universe as terrorism. Employing hyperbole by using the word terrorism for a peaceful protest that inconvenienced some people is insulting to those people in Israel who lost their loved ones, or had them kidnapped, by actual terrorists in an actual act of terrorism.
What a lot of these people stand for, and the vile trash coming out out of their mouths, is absolutely domestic terrorism

I don’t believe what happened on Rutgers campus fits into that category

Unfortunately, their cause is getting lumped in with those who have a completely separate agenda

Message, whether it was well intended or not, is undoubtedly getting diluted

Giving this post a Like wouldn't do it justice.

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

Some should have been made without protest. Students from my alma mater set up a go fund me page to finance the few Ukrainian students and help get their families out of harm's way when Russia invaded and let the alumni know about it. Problem solved.
Agreed. I'm not often a fan of protests, for varying reasons. And sometimes protests seem poorly aimed, as in this case.

I think the people protesting against Israel on behalf of innocent Palestinians would do better to organize against Hamas on behalf of innocent Palestinians. It was Hamas who initiated the violence. And Hamas knew full well what would happen to innocent Palestinians when they did. What's happening in Gaza is precisely what Hamas wanted.

But all that aside, it seems RU, and the students and faculty protesting at RU, have so far handled this protest okay. Which is to be commended.

What a lot of these people stand for, and the vile trash coming out out of their mouths, is absolutely domestic terrorism

Unfortunately, their cause is getting lumped in with those who have a completely separate agenda

All my comments in this thread are solely about the RU protests.

I have no comment or opinion about other protests elsewhere because I have no interest and have not paid any attention to them. I mean, until a couple threads here sprung up, I also had no interest and paid no attention to the RU protestors either.

Maybe the singing did it…

Some of these people's heads would have exploded in the 60's.

What happened at Rutgers yesterday wouldn't have been a blip on the radar.
Some of the usual suspects appear to be working hard to leverage the situation in the ME, along with the protests around the world, to further completely unrelated agendas. I think it's despicable behavior, but it's unfortunately become fairly common nowadays all over the world.

All my comments in this thread are solely about the RU protests.

I have no comment or opinion about other protests elsewhere because I have no interest and have not paid any attention to them. I mean, until a couple threads here sprung up, I also had no interest and paid no attention to the RU protestors either.
Which is fine, big my point was, whether they like it or not, peaceful protests like this could get lumped into one giant bowl

Fortunately, it didn’t get out of control

Agreed. I'm not often a fan of protests, for varying reasons. And sometimes protests seem poorly aimed, as in this case.

I think the people protesting against Israel on behalf of innocent Palestinians would do better to organize against Hamas on behalf of innocent Palestinians. It was Hamas who initiated the violence. And Hamas knew full well what would happen to innocent Palestinians when they did. What's happening in Gaza is precisely what Hamas wanted.

But all that aside, it seems RU, and the students and faculty protesting at RU, have so far handled this protest okay. Which is to be commended.

Comparatively speaking, yes.

Some of the usual suspects appear to be working hard to leverage the situation in the ME, along with the protests around the world, to further completely unrelated agendas. I think it's despicable behavior, but it's unfortunately become fairly common nowadays all over the world.

Absolutely.

As an outsider- looking at the protest, the demands and what was agreed upon

This was handled exceptionally well by both sides.

And like most demand statements- the protesters did what you should always do- throw a couple of demands that you know the other side cannot agree to. It allows them to save face by denying some of the demands while agreeing to others that can be lived with and actually do some good.

Message to whom?

They care about you a million times less than you care about them.

The intended audience, on the other hand, received the message rather clearly, in undiluted form.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Again, how is that caving?

It's literally like a parent telling their child, "We'll see."
So they are lying and have no intention of providing any of those 8 demands?

Are you telling me you didn't fkn read the statement before complaining?

As for your family members, RU'll look into that.
I'm telling you I didnt read the fkn statement. I was busy yesterday and honestly dont give two shits why they are protesting. I care that they disrupted normal functions at Rutgers . Not every one has the time to sit and read everything the moment it hits the airwaves. And even though I fully read them, I'd still complain anyway. So your point is moot.
That didn’t stop you from spouting off earlier.

Everybody breathe and observe the facts of what actually happened.

Think for yourselves…stop jumping to the conclusion you so desperately want to be true
Me spouting off? And you are doing what just above?? My conclusion is they disrupted normal functions and services at Rutgers. No need to do that wherever and when ever if that is the case. The fact that concessions were made because of these disruptions still amazes me. Admitting I didnt read all the concessions the very minute they came across the internet shouldn't be a big deal. I still dont think concessions should be made. The fact that scholarships are being given to affected Gazans is a nice gesture and I softened my stance just a touch.

• Haha
Reactions: RULoyal and fsg2
I'm telling you I didnt read the fkn statement. I was busy yesterday and honestly dont give two shits why they are protesting. I care that they disrupted normal functions at Rutgers . Not every one has the time to sit and read everything the moment it hits the airwaves. And even though I fully read them, I'd still complain anyway. So your point is moot.

Me spouting off? And you are doing what just above?? My conclusion is they disrupted normal functions and services at Rutgers. No need to do that wherever and when ever if that is the case. The fact that concessions were made because of these disruptions still amazes me. Admitting I didnt read all the concessions the very minute they came across the internet shouldn't be a big deal. I still dont think concessions should be made. The fact that scholarships are being given to affected Gazans is a nice gesture and I softened my stance just a touch.

No, my point is intact.

You just wanted to complain. Lol that you had time to read and post on the forum but not a literal minute to read the actual response about which you were whining.

By submitting that response, RU paved the way to resume those normal functions you purport to care so much about. So, good job to them.

Next time, the correct response is "My bad." It'll save you a bunch of circular verbiage.

Message to whom?

They care about you a million times less than you care about them.

The intended audience, on the other hand, received the message rather clearly, in undiluted form.
Maybe it’s that elevation in Utah that is clouding your brain, or perhaps being intentionally obtuse, so let me break it down for you in relatively simple terms

The protesters message across the nation is getting diluted due to the bad apples, and the fact that the ones who mean well have not come out and spoke up against the bad ones causing the issues speaks volumes, and not in a good way

In regard to them caring about me, the old “zero ****s given” would be overstatement

I along with many others in this country, are a little little bit too busy worrying about shit that’s going on in this country, along with holding down full-time jobs and families

I worry about the homeless problem
I worry about the veterans
I worry about the economy
I worry about the future of this nation
I worry about homegrown terrorism
I worry about nearly 11,000,000 illegals coming unvented across the border

Hopefully you’re getting the point now, that I worry about shit that happens in this country first and foremost, before I take a stand against anything happening elsewhere

If you think Rutgers is heading on the right trajectory due to this compromise (and colleges in general) based on the last 30 to 40 years of indoctrination going on from the faculty on down, I don’t know what to tell you

It’s a huge reason, secondary to religion, that we will not be sending our daughter to public school after fifth grade, will be moving out of the north east down south, and she will be attending school down there as well

I will always be grateful for the lessons I learned up here and the childhood we had, but this place, and the northeast in general, is night and day from how we grew up, and not in a good way.

King Ron said it Best last night - if you act up and commit crimes and campuses in Florida, you will be arrested and expelled

No games, no bullshit, no safe spaces

That sets a precedent for anyone in the future to protest something. Get a big enough group and RU will cave in. I'm curious to see what eight of ten Rutgers conceded. Are you telling me if I get a big enough group and raise enough stink, I can get the next 10 family members a scholarship to Rutgers? Sign me up.

Yes...so true.

Not like the literal founding document of our great nation sets the "precedent for anyone in the future to protest something" right?

Reactions: Kbee3
Maybe it’s that elevation in Utah that is clouding your brain, or perhaps being intentionally obtuse, so let me break it down for you in relatively simple terms

The protesters message across the nation is getting diluted due to the bad apples, and the fact that the ones who mean well have not come out and spoke up against the bad ones causing the issues speaks volumes, and not in a good way

In regard to them caring about me, the old “zero ****s given” would be overstatement

I along with many others in this country, are a little little bit too busy worrying about shit that’s going on in this country, along with holding down full-time jobs and families

I worry about the homeless problem
I worry about the veterans
I worry about the economy
I worry about the future of this nation
I worry about homegrown terrorism
I worry about nearly 11,000,000 illegals coming unvented across the border

Hopefully you’re getting the point now, that I worry about shit that happens in this country first and foremost, before I take a stand against anything happening elsewhere

If you think Rutgers is heading on the right trajectory due to this compromise (and colleges in general) based on the last 30 to 40 years of indoctrination going on from the faculty on down, I don’t know what to tell you

It’s a huge reason, secondary to religion, that we will not be sending our daughter to public school after fifth grade, will be moving out of the north east down south, and she will be attending school down there as well

I will always be grateful for the lessons I learned up here and the childhood we had, but this place, and the northeast in general, is night and day from how we grew up, and not in a good way.

King Ron said it Best last night - if you act up and commit crimes and campuses in Florida, you will be arrested and expelled

No games, no bullshit, no safe spaces

Lmao, sure bro-dog, I'm the obtuse one. You can't get through a single post without contradicting yourself, writing something you didn't mean, or saying something facepalm-level stupid. Sometimes all three!

As for this, it was a university-level protest with a very specific list of demands directed at the university. Those demands were considered and addressed. The message was not diluted.

What message you or the rest of the Fox News-swallowing fan group got out of that is of no consequence. So, I'll repeat, more clearly so maybe you get it this time: The message to the actual audience was clearly not diluted. You just weren't the audience.

It's interesting you don't care what's happening elsewhere but have written more on these protests around the country than anyone else here. Too busy, lol. I'll grant you, it must take a lot of time continuously talking about moving out of NJ and running down south but not actually doing it. And I guess telling the board how you just want to talk fb while starting three new OT threads a week also takes its toll.

Reactions: Kbee3

I keep thinking back to the anti-Vietnam protests in my days at Rutgers...ones in which I was a loud and proud participant. A lot of differences for sure. Back then a lot of the dunderhead reactionaries had most of the same complaints about the protests though. Much of the same old nonsense. Although the "making too much noise" one might have set a new standard for stupidity.
One big difference is that those protesting today can't be accused like the Vietnam era protesters were of just being scared of being sent off to fight in the jungles of Southeast Asia. Or that their boyfriends or brothers would be. As far as I can see self-interest is not a motivating factor for today's protesters.
And there were always some foaming-at-the-mouth extremists who were trying to promote violent activity during the Vietnam protests. We usually just assumed they were undercover agents for law enforcement trying to stir things up. I'm sure some of them were...just trying to single-handedly win the Cold War.
And undermine anyone who had the nerve to speak out against what the US was doing in Southeast Asia at the time.

You don't have the right to disrupt (even through noise; even if you are speaking the noise) college exams. It's no different than if the KKK decided they wanted to get 25 guys with megaphones and put them outside Scott Hall while the African American Studies Department was holding its final. Sorry, the First Amendment is subject to time, place and manner restrictions (and has been for decades).

These A-holes set out to prevent their fellow students from taking their exams because, like most toddlers, they have learned that screaming and yelling and throwing a fit is the easier way to get mom and dad to give in. Doesn't make it legal. Doesn't make it conform to school policy.

Our university president is a dipshit. Surprise!!!! (to absolutely no one that has been affiliated in some way with the university for the last 40 years minimum).

LOL

The police arrested 0 people. No laws were broken.

I'm sure President Holloway is heartbroken to know the guy who took out an ad in a Texas newspaper to whine about Julie Hermann hates him because he embraces our beloved Constitution.

I think a lot of our complainers are Gen X but there are definitely folks in your age cohort who protested Vietnam and complain now. And they did when I was in school and people at RU protested about Iraq and Israel and tuition and everything under the sun as our founders so wisely protected.

Thankfully President Holloway drowned out the noise. He's been quite impressive.

Reactions: Scarlet Engineer
As an outsider- looking at the protest, the demands and what was agreed upon

This was handled exceptionally well by both sides.

And like most demand statements- the protesters did what you should always do- throw a couple of demands that you know the other side cannot agree to. It allows them to save face by denying some of the demands while agreeing to others that can be lived with and actually do some good.

LOL right? I wish these college kids could teach some allegedly professional adults how to negotiate a deal. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, how many can't.

Reactions: fsg2
Lmao, sure bro-dog, I'm the obtuse one. You can't get through a single post without contradicting yourself, writing something you didn't mean, or saying something facepalm-level stupid. Sometimes all three!

As for this, it was a university-level protest with a very specific list of demands directed at the university. Those demands were considered and addressed. The message was not diluted.

What message you or the rest of the Fox News-swallowing fan group got out of that is of no consequence. So, I'll repeat, more clearly so maybe you get it this time: The message to the actual audience was clearly not diluted. You just weren't the audience.

It's interesting you don't care what's happening elsewhere but have written more on these protests around the country than anyone else here. Too busy, lol. I'll grant you, it must take a lot of time continuously talking about moving out of NJ and running down south but not actually doing it. And I guess telling the board how you just want to talk fb while starting three new OT threads a week also takes its toll.
Must be the elevation, as you either don’t read or don’t understand

Let me break it down for you in even easier terms

Yes, the message is diluted.
When you were not denouncing people who are asking for the same things, but doing much worse shit on university campuses, regardless of what your intentions are, it is not resonating

Rutgers compromised, which is great.
As I’ve said in previous post, I think all parties handled it the best they could given the situation in our country

But to say that everything went swimmingly, especially in light of canceling finals and the bad press that Ruckers received, dilutes the overall message

For what it’s worth, I don’t watch Fox News. I don’t really watch any news because the goal is degenerate ratings, and negativity brings ratings, and that is the type of stuff that I don’t like

I certainly don’t watch Fox News, or CNN for that matter, or any of the opinionated shows as that’s not my jam

ESPN, Big Ten network,, SEC network, even the shitty ACC network and some deadliest catch is what I watch

I’m writing a lot on this topic because I genuinely care what happens to this country, I love this country and do not want to see it go to shit, especially because we have enough problems here to worry about

In regard to talking football, I was one of the 8000 or so that was at the spring game. I’m the one donating to NIL and parroting the benefits. I’m the one donating to the R Fund, and I’m the one having season tickets for football and 3 other sports.

Besides posting on an anonymous football message board from 2000 miles away, what are you doing to help Rutgers athletics, and football in general?

I find this board is a wealth of information, but some extremely smart people, and successful people as well, hence the OT threads because I learned a lot from them and I find them super interesting

In regards to moving down south as of stated numerous times, that is the plan within the next 10 years

Once my wife is fully invested in the pension and will receive her maximum payout, as well as her benefits, we are out

Not hard to understand. Need to work amount of years in a certain district to qualify for X amount of money per month.

Once Florida State gets into the Big Ten, I will invite you, along with anyone else that would like to attend, to our imagural tailgate in the yellow lot

King Ron might even be there - you never know with that guy!!

LOL right? I wish these college kids could teach some allegedly professional adults how to negotiate a deal. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, how many can't.
What did Rutgers gain in this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT